DaemonCorax has a passenger (incubating pt 3.)

DaemonCorax

Yesterday was a rest day - I had a meeting at work I couldn't be late for and MFH had at thing that lasted until 9 at night - so working out and risking tanking my energy probably wasn't a great idea. Today it was too snowy to ride. Not so much because of the snow, but because of the drivers doing dumb things on the icy road. I brought my gym stuff in with me and hope to hop out to workout at some point. Two days of inactivity isn't really what I'm in the mood for right now.

• Like 2

Current challenge:This is not how daemoncorax used to wake up

Previous challenges: DaemonCorax doesn't go on vacation

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

While we have to stay away from the desert, we can always ride our bikes.

OMG

you're SO right about the cars.  we might be in different States with different weather; but we're there's NOT a difference in all the idiotic things some people do when driving in winter weather.

I'm good with driving near snow and ice and a Suburu is a good brand of car for that (kind of weather);  but I almost wish I could tiptoe around town and avoid all other cars, 

some of which have the grace of a bumper car being driven by a toddler.

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

3 hours ago, TGP said:

the grace of a bumper car being driven by a toddler

Hehe. Yeah I really don't want to get slid into. I have 4WD, studded snows, and tons of clearance, but that won't help if someone slides into me because they screwed up turning in an intersection.

On the other hand the beefy skid plates hovering about a foot off the ground UNDER my truck will turn anything that hits me from the side into a sardine can. Let's not though. Go slow guys.

• Like 2

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

16 hours ago, TGP said:

but I almost wish I could tiptoe around town and avoid all other cars, some of which have the grace of a bumper car being driven by a toddler.

13 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

Go slow guys.

I have these thoughts like 20 times a day, people act like the street is a race track here even when half of it isn't iced over.

• Like 1

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

Didn't work out Thursday. Had some conversation with MFH about emotions, anxiety and life, and decided to return to talking to someone about it. Pretty rough evening. Did workout at lunchtime Friday. Got 5 routes plus the crack lap. It was just me and the autobelays so I got pumped a little faster because I wasn't pausing as much in between.

Squat 105 3x5

Deadlift 165 x5

Dumbell rows one hand at a time 35 each hand, 3x5

Push-ups with my hands on a low platform - these were ugly.

Inverted ring rows 3x5

Saturday was a bit of a train wreck. It was house projects day. Both Thursday and Friday afternoons I had trouble with heartburn. Everything in my torso seemed to be stiff and sore if I moved the wrong way. With all that I was pretty dehydrated and slept really badly Friday night. House projects proceeded but slowly, and we didn't go skiing Sunday because I was worried about digging myself into a hole again. (We're going on a climbing/skiing adventure Wednesday night so I'm trying to shore up energy.) Welp. Sunday was great. Got housey things done and went to the bigger climbing gym near our house.

7 routes - hung on some big moves, but also the routes are longer here.

Squat 110 3x5

Deadlift 170 x5

My shoulders are more stable and coming back, but it seems they are coming back very asymmetrically. Something in the neighborhood of my left bicep tendon, associated with whatever is torn in there, is a little unhappy. The muscle on my left side is slower to recover than my right side. Sigh.

So that was all great. Then we had friends come to crash in our guest room; some things went wrong; I got 3.5 hours sleep. Snowing to beat the band this morning. Carpooled in with MFH. Not doing anything this evening besides finding the spare key that seems to have walked off (not happy) and sitting on the couch. My body feels better than it felt Saturday, but last night's mess was not something I needed right now.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Salinger said:

you sound low

I am oscillating but on average low. Last night was rough, not because of the pregnancy or my own challenges or anything. We had a friend behave in a way that was completely unacceptable last night. His old friend and her daughter continued to stay with us. He got told he was leaving. In the process he reminded me a lot too much of old things. Old bad things that I remember like I'm looking in a window.

• Sad 2

Hugs, sorry that sounds very much not fun.

Wisdom 15.5   Dexterity 11   Charisma 12   Strength 14  Constitution-11

Elastigirl:Just Living Life , Part II - Current Challenge: February 14 to March 20 - Nerd Fitness Rebellion

"If more of us valued food and cheer and song, above hoarded gold, it would be a merrier world" J.R.R.Tolkien

I hope that your week goes up from there.  Trouble with friends is never fun, but you survived and brighter days are ahead.

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

Thanks for the support guys. It's going to be okay. The offending human saw MFH at work today to pick up some stuff he left at our house. He is not welcome in our company again. Ever. I spent a lot of time remembering "The day after" feeling from a previous relationship. Total transference. It was weird because my guard wasn't up. Neither was his friend's. She had never experienced behavior like this from him. She and her daughter are heading home. She won't be talking to him again either. MFH I think was also feeling some of the powerless rage I was feeling, but not with that icky taste of familiarity. But he more than understood that the whole thing threw me in a "well, I want to set fire to the house but I'll keep it because it's a nice place to sit" kind of way, and that was nice. I discovered I had ground my teeth so much the night before that it hurt to chew. We had a quiet night with the couch and the cat. Slept in this morning.

This morning my ride to work was not super comfortable. I had to dodge some ice that I wasn't thrilled about. My messenger bag pulls because my mtn bike is more upright that my road bike - so I need to dig out my backpack stat. A lot of things are stiff though. Climbing warms and limbers things up, but otherwise it seems like my feisty passenger is having a growth spurt and everything is stiff and being pulled on all the time. The bike ride got some things tugging a bit toward the end, and it was slow. 50 min where it used to take me 35 (although 5 of that is ice I swear). The scenery was beautiful, but I had this sinking feeling that unless I switch something up, I'm not going to be able to keep doing it. The 2.5 mi ride from the gym to work is gravy, but 8.5 is a long haul for core stabilization. :/

Tomorrow we head out in the evening for a long weekend of ice climbing (top rope only) and more skiing. We'll see.

• Like 1

Well this could explain a lot. Some awesome soul on the internet took a standard growth chart and broke down the percentages. Passenger growth spurt means tired me:

growthchart.jpg

• Like 1

Week 3 recap: I can't find my Week 2 recap. I guess I forgot to do it :/

Monday: Holiday. Ice skating. Insanely tired. Goal 2: +1, Goal 4 kinda got cancelled out by getting to tired.

Tuesday: Very rewarding gym day. Goal 3: +2, Goal 4: +1 because getting on a 5.11 was cool.

Wednesday: rest day.

Thursday: rest day. Snow. Gym fail. Difficult mental things.

Friday: Got to the gym at lunch. Goal 3: +2, Goal 4: +1

Saturday: House projects day. So so tired though. Goal 4: +1

Sunday: Gym. Finished house projects. Goal 3: +2, Goal 4: +1

So the weather and the TIRED has combined to mess with my Goal 2. Goal 1 I haven't been doing so great with either. The lifting is getting a lot of accessory shoulder work in it, so maybe net challenge will be more gym focused. But right now, when I'm tired I'm TIRED.

Goal 1: Don't let the shoulder demons win. 0/4. Total fail.

Goal 2: Stay outside. 1/4. I did ride from the gym to work a couple times too, but I haven't been counting that. The ice situation on our commute was really bad the second half of the week (it wasn't perfect today either). And tired. I'm really finding I have to budget energy.

Goal 3: Who says I can't gain muscle? 6/4 - we had an extra strength day! This is going well. The climbing seems to limber me up to hit the weights pretty thoroughly, and Sunday it was short enough that I was still able to feel mostly rested.

Goal 4: Find something that makes me happy everyday. 4/7. This doesn't quite capture everything though. It's been a little low.

• Like 3

Good recap.  Some up and some down.  You're doing a great job even if every goal doesn't go to plan.  Keep up the good work!

• Like 1

Level 45 Quasi-Human Ranger     

"Forget failure.  Forget mistakes.  Forget everything except what you're going to do NOW, and DO IT." - Lou Ferrigno

"Foxes Never Quit!"  -  Leicester City FC

KBO. - Churchill

so If I read it right...

your ice climbing, right?

I'm so jellin'.  I would LOVE to do that!   you remind me that I would would really Like to take my rock climbing out of my tiny little rock climbing wall and actually CLIMB something.  PA isn't great for that - its not a western state with massive rocks all over the places (oh yeah, I saw a few when I visited Boulder/Denver last year)

but it isn't impossible.  there ARE cliffs around here.

--

anyways this is all irrelevant to your challenge.  but tell us a little bit of your ice climbing challenge when you come back....

Noble_Calhoun_Kitty_Ouray-106.jpg

and I hope you can continue getting out and accommodating your passenger.  Having a fit healthy mom is a great start for your little one.

• Like 1

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

There was a quite pregnant woman at my kickboxing gym last night and I thought of you while I was cheering her on

• Like 1

Current Challenge: Maigs Settles In

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: #1, #2, #3, #4, #5, #6, #7, #8, #9, #10 #11, #12, #13, #14#15, #16, #17, #18, #19, #20, #21, #22, #23, #24, #25, #26, #27, #28, #29, #30, #31, #32#33#34#35, #36, 373839,  4041, and 42

2020 Races:  Spartan Trifecta - pushed to 2021 / Big Red Challenge 7k June 13 (cxld) / 5k the Hard Way Oct 17 (cxld)

Hey all. I'm back paying attention to the internets just in time for the end of the challenge. Ice climb Thursday and Friday went better than expected. I only climb 3 routes each day, but spent 6-7 hours outside each day too. I took breaks between routes. Thursday routes were pretty short, but Friday's were nearly 100' each I think (based on rope slack). Ice climbing also involved walking in a little bit with a heavy pack, rapping down to the canyon with the pack slightly light (still 20-25 lbs probably.) That part sucked. Pack + belly meant all my weight was on my leg loops for that.

Saturday we skied a little bit of easy cross country stuff, but my core was so so tired that I felt unsure of myself in the warm snow on icy/choppy bits. The hills were fine - they were in the shade. Drove back yesterday. Resting today.

So yeah. Ice climbing. Turns out my back is a lot stronger than I thought. Blew feet a couple times and stayed locked in on my tools.

<IMAGE DELETED> Caption: This was cool. I had to traverse the tools across the good ice above and overhanging rock area. Much stemming. Much locking off.

<IMAGE DELETED> Caption: This was from Day 1. Sorting out some thing stuff and seeing where my strength was.

I never really post photos of me, but this requires too much explaining otherwise. ><

• Like 2

Week 4 recap:

Given I spent so much time out of town, this is a funny recap.

Monday: Recuperating from a lousy Monday night, as noted. No points.

Tuesday: Rode to work. This gets a Goal 2: +1 but not a Goal 4 point because it was uncomfortable and made me worry.

Wednesday: Scooted out of work early to leave town. I was so so so uncomfortable in the evening. The not moving around, the car ride, my whole core hurt and felt stretched and terrible.

Thursday: Ice climbing! Yay! So I can't get out of bed like a normal person but I can ice climb. Life is weird. Goal 2: +1, Goal 4: +1, Goal 3: +1

Friday: More ice! Goal 2: +1, Goal 4: +1, Goal 3: +1

Saturday: Easy cross country skiing. Tired tired abs definitely effected my mood. It's uncomfortable and painful to sit around and do nothing, but the muscle fatigue definitely had me feeling a little ginger. TVA very sore. Rested before dinner instead of returning to the ice. Goal 2: +1, Goal 4: +1

Sunday: Car trip. Delicious pancakes. Home with the cat. Goal 4: +1

Goal 1: Don't let the shoulder demons win. 0/1 With all the outside stuff, there wasn't any time to focus on this.

Goal 2: Stay outside. 4/4 Because climbing trip!

Goal 3: Who says I can't gain muscle. 2/4 Points on the strength training for ice climbing day.

Goal 4: Find something that makes me happy everyday. 4/7 I'm having a hard time with pain from all the changes in my body and feeling overwhelmed in general still. Saturday evening I definitely had a "how is this thing going to get bigger and not eat me?" moment while changing to go to sleep.

• Like 2

15 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

So I can't get out of bed like a normal person but I can ice climb. Life is weird.

I swear things that sound simple are the hardest. 

• Like 2

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20

My Fitness Pal - inactive

Post-challenge log:

Bit late getting to the gym today. Only climbed 4 routes. Squat 115 3x5, Deadlift 175 x5, dumbell rows 30 lbs per hand simultaneously 3x5.

I'm probably going to stay at this weight this week. The 5th deadlift was hard, and I only lifted once last week.

• Like 3

Post-challenge log:

Rode to work today. It was "Freezing fog" outside at 12-18 degrees. The ligaments and associated oblique muscles around my hips HURT so much yesterday evening. The growth spurt of my passenger is really yanking things around. Riding resulted in more spasms about 5 min in. I thought about turning around. I nearly cried. I scooted my position around to relieve the spasm for a minute and kept going. There were a few more over the next 50 minutes (apparently my new ride time for 8.5 miles.) Cardio-wise this is slow, but if I hammer along and don't stretch those spots out on long gradual hills, they knot up again. A lot. But the endorphins must have worked, because it's a couple hours (and a few homemade cookies from my boss) later now, and I'm in a much better mood than yesterday. My transverse and oblique abs seem to be okay too. I have full range of breath and can relax everything without getting "stuck" due to pain or tightness. Still. Ouch. I don't know what the right answer is. NOT exercising means this stuff never gets moved and stretched out, so it hurts differently. But things are changing so fast right now - I felt good at the gym yesterday morning, but a ligament/oblique spasm near my left hip had me in tears in the evening. Also my slouchy "normal" pants are done. I couldn't button them over my tights this morning. Rode in tights and one of my 2 pairs of maternity jeans (the itchy ones I don't like), but that was ok because there was no fabric digging at my belly.

• Like 2