• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

You can do either, but I would overwrite the previous efforts, as I'm not sure if the leaderboard can cope with multiple lines of the same exercise.
That is what I thought of doing. It would also keep my best lifts on the leader board too.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

57 minutes ago, Jarric said:

My next normal deadlift session should be 130kg x 5, so unless my RPE is really weird that'll keep us pretty close.

Glad your deads are progressing well mate. I have the opposite problem, my deadlift feels strong but my squat is crap right now.

That better be a 5RM! Otherwise you will take my second place on the deadlift!

In other news, i just got confirmation, i'm officially doing a "beginners-powerlifting-meet" in May! Whoop whoop, excited and a bit scared!

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

i just got confirmation, i'm officially doing a "beginners-powerlifting-meet" in May! Whoop whoop, excited and a bit scared!

Nothing like a jumble of nerves and excitement to provide some motivation! You got this. 

41 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

In other news, i just got confirmation, i'm officially doing a "beginners-powerlifting-meet" in May! Whoop whoop, excited and a bit scared!

Really excited for you dude, that's gonna be awesome!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Thom Stépan said:

That is what I thought of doing. It would also keep my best lifts on the leader board too.

the leaderboard CAN allow two entry for the same exercise but it would pick one of them (I think it picks the first one).

for comparison sake, i think you should just put your best efforts into your list (just as you are saying).

• Like 1

That better be a 5RM! Otherwise you will take my second place on the deadlift!

Awesome bud. You will enjoy it. You might get stressed to the max over some details, but when all is said and done you will have enjoyed yourself.

16 hours ago, jstanlick said:

Nothing like a jumble of nerves and excitement to provide some motivation! You got this. 

16 hours ago, Jarric said:

Really excited for you dude, that's gonna be awesome!

11 hours ago, Thom Stépan said:

Awesome bud. You will enjoy it. You might get stressed to the max over some details, but when all is said and done you will have enjoyed yourself.

Thanx guys, it's already working out fine for my motivation, since it was -9c yesterdaymorning, and my home gym is in the detached garage without heating i can tell you i wasnt looking forward spending almost 2 hours in there. But now i have a clear set goal and i can't afford to miss a lifting session.

Still i'm struggling with how long the sessions are taking me. I get distracted easily in between sets, and also being a dad with some responsibilities makes it hard at times.

Squat

Bring kid 1 to bed

Benchpress

Bring kid 2 to bed

Deadlift

Took me about 2 hours, that wasn't only because of bringing the kids to bed, i usually chat with the The-Unstoppable-Rangers™. Still the session felt good, and i'm about to update the numbers.

• Like 4

a Leaderboard Update;

DEADLIFT

OVERHEAD PRESS

SQUAT

BENCHPRESS

1 126.85 jonfirestar 1 39.31 Mr_Willes 1 119.71 jonfirestar 1 63.90 jonfirestar
2 98.71 Mr_Willes 2 36.85 jonfirestar 2 100.84 Mr_Willes 2 51.11 Mr_Willes
3 82.88 Librarian of Doom 3 28.52 Raxie 3 72.66 jarric 3 43.71 Raxie
4 70.83 jstanlick 4 28.00 TGP 4 61.89 jstanlick 4 26.25 Thom Stepan
5 54.20 Raxie 5 26.39 jstanlick 5 43.71 Raxie 5 25.89 Bker1370

On 1/22/2019 at 6:17 AM, Mr_Willes said:

Took me about 2 hours, that wasn't only because of bringing the kids to bed, i usually chat with the The-Unstoppable-Rangers™. Still the session felt good, and i'm about to update the numbers.

So you are blaming me for your weak ass lifts? ;) 

You know I also am lifting during a lot of those conversations just sayin

Okay I do have some catching up to do I've upped my wilks in the Squat to 119 and I need to crunch the numbers from my bench this morning to see where I am at. I'm not sure that one changed. 

3 hours ago, jonfirestar said:

So you are blaming me for your weak ass lifts? ;) 

You know I also am lifting during a lot of those conversations just sayin

Okay I do have some catching up to do I've upped my wilks in the Squat to 119 and I need to crunch the numbers from my bench this morning to see where I am at. I'm not sure that one changed. 

all I got to say to either ONE of you, is that somewhere down the street from me there's a dump truck in an inconvenient place. its SNOWY; and tough enough to avoid the snowbanks as it is....

would one of YOU come to my town and LIFT/MOVE that guy's dilapidated beast??

heck I'd even pay you a tenner* or two!

(*well don't get any crazy idea's I don't have any VERY valuable antique 10 pound notes...)

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, TGP said:

would one of YOU come to my town and LIFT/MOVE that guy's dilapidated beast??

@jonfirestarWell want do you say chap, up for it?

Thinking about it, a strongman event would be wicked, we should meet up on one of those!

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

@jonfirestarWell want do you say chap, up for it?

Let's do this! 

6 minutes ago, Mr_Willes said:

Thinking about it, a strongman event would be wicked, we should meet up on one of those!

A strongman event really would be awesome. I'd love to give that ago and it really should be a meetup! 

• Like 1

Made it back to the gym today. No changes in numbers. But glad to be training twice a week as planned finally. Managed to do the 500m row again today. Pulled up much better, I was really paying attention to my breathing, keeping it slow and even.

Strongman comps would be cool. I wonder if they do any around here? Even a powerlifting event would be interesting.

• Like 3

On 1/25/2019 at 12:41 AM, Librarian of Doom said:

Been struggling with lack of spell slots to get in here and update, but I added back squat and bench press numbers. I'm pretty comforted by how little I've lost in the time I wasn't lifting, tbh.

That's good to hear, i've seen both sides, dropped hugely when i didn't lift for a few months, and with the not lifting but CF the loss was only a little bit. The first time my lifts went down it wa by almost half, that was a pretty hard pill to swallow.

In other news, update my numbers from friday, DL above 100 Wilks points too!

Deadlift 142.43 314.00 1 8 154.48 340.56 102.29

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor happy dance gif

When i had to sign up to the beginners meet i had to put in my opening numbers, i just guesstimated a bit, but i now see that my e1RM is a bit above my opening numbers (150/75/150), with the meet being 16 weeks out.

Squat 127.46 281.00 4 8 152.28 335.72 100.84
Benchpress 62.60 138.00 4 7 77.18 170.16 51.11
Deadlift 142.43 314.00 1 8 154.48 340.56 102.29

I feel confident i can push the numbers up a bit more throughout those 16 weeks. So i think my opening numbers are pretty solid, everything more is just a plus. I'm really looking forward to the new program, and especially with the possible progress, as it will be a program tailored towards a meet, and a 4 day a week lifting template!

• Like 2

I managed to up all three of my lifts this weekend and all those Wilks scores went up as well. The squats felt really good. Like, really good. The speed, the form, the weight, everything. I was soooooo tempted to throw more weight on the bar and try something higher, but forced myself to stick to the plan. I was glad too because the deadlifts right after that were not easy. The plan called for higher weights and I followed the plan, but it would've been much harder had I diverted from the plan for the squats. OHP was up as well, but just a very little bit.

Looks like everyone's numbers are trending in the right direction. Way to go, Rangers!

• Like 2

13 hours ago, jstanlick said:

I managed to up all three of my lifts this weekend and all those Wilks scores went up as well. The squats felt really good. Like, really good. The speed, the form, the weight, everything. I was soooooo tempted to throw more weight on the bar and try something higher, but forced myself to stick to the plan. I was glad too because the deadlifts right after that were not easy. The plan called for higher weights and I followed the plan, but it would've been much harder had I diverted from the plan for the squats. OHP was up as well, but just a very little bit.

Funny, you are describing exactly what i had experienced with my last workout. Squat felt really good (first lift with 3 plates), more weight, but still better performance, tempted to go the extra mile. But the BP and DL afterwards weren't that good. Well it is what it is.

Looks like everyone's numbers are trending in the right direction. Way to go, Rangers!

Yeah i think this deserves a round of applause!

• Like 2

Sadly I cannot report similar silky smoothness of the squats this last go round. I managed another 5 pounds on the bar, but it seemed more of a struggle. The bonus though was that for the first time since injuring my ribs 5 weeks ago, the bench press did not hurt at all. So, I'm hoping those numbers will start to climb a little faster than they have been.

Hit a new OHP 1RM this week at 50kg (~110#). 35.53 wilks, which at a glance looks like it puts me in 3rd currently.

@Mr_Willes can you do me a favour and edit your first post on this thread to include a link to the spreadsheet? I keep losing it!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Jarric said:

Hit a new OHP 1RM this week at 50kg (~110#). 35.53 wilks, which at a glance looks like it puts me in 3rd currently.

@Mr_Willes can you do me a favour and edit your first post on this thread to include a link to the spreadsheet? I keep losing it!

Nicely done! That drops me down to 4th. I guess I need to step up my OHP game! :P 

I figured I'd update the leader board before the weekend then. Here's how it currently shakes out:

DEADLIFT

OVERHEAD PRESS

SQUAT

BENCHPRESS

1 129.29 jonfirestar 1 39.63 Mr_Willes 1 122.02 jonfirestar 1 65.13 jonfirestar
2 102.29 Mr_Willes 2 37.57 jonfirestar 2 100.66 Mr_Willes 2 51.11 Mr_Willes
3 82.88 Librarian of Doom 3 35.53 jarric 3 72.66 jarric 3 50.43 jstanlick
4 74.20 jstanlick 4 33.07 jstanlick 4 69.70 jstanlick 4 43.71 Raxie
5 56.34 Raxie 5 29.81 Raxie 5 45.79 Raxie 5 26.25 Thom Stepan

I noticed that @Raxie has been quietly upping her numbers as well.

• Like 2

On 2/1/2019 at 6:56 PM, Jarric said:

AFAIK this is already there...

On 1/2/2019 at 10:13 PM, Mr_Willes said:

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor brutal gif

B.R.U.T.A.L.

Bold.Rangers.United.Together.Attempt.Lifting

Updated with the last numbers.

My e1RM squat = My e1RM Deadlift

This seems to remain a a thing.

PR-ed my squat with a solid 150KG (331 lbs)!!! Whoop, excited i finally broke that weight!

• Like 2