• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Requested a transfer to the new challenge.

Improved my DL yet again a little. Also have this new thing that seemed cool the first time, but the second time it already is getting a bit annoying. It's a nosebleed when the pressure really comes on. I first had it on a set of 4 deadlifts, i could just feel it pop. Thought i was a badass, selfie and all. Workout i was warming up with some heavy Squats, pop goes the weasel. Oow no, i'm truly hoping it has something to do with the weather or something, don't wanna have to deal with this the next workouts. Also if my wife catches me, she is not gonna be pleased...

Updated with my new numbers, lowered my OHP, i think i overestimated my RPE's with the sets of five. Which means @jonfirestar is in the lead on all categories!

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor return of the king gif

I want to chime in here on my deadlifts. Is there a link to the spreadsheet? I've been reading through and haven't discovered it yet. I got here from the Guild Hall :)

Weight: base weight 137 lbs (weight + baby 158, but he's a freeloader)

Deadlift 180 lbs x5 reps at RPE 8

e1RM: 222

Back Squat 120 lbs x5 (3 sets) at RPE 7

e1RM 152

I've been increasing my lift by 5 lbs every workout, unless my form or breathing is crap, then once a week. I AM just hitting 7 months pregnant, so I'm NOT trying for a PR right now. It is much more important that my breathing is steady. The warm-up for these lifts is about 45 min of climbing in the gym. In between sets I'm doing accessory work, shoulder stuff.

• Like 3

@DaemonCorax

I made a place for you after jstanley

please fill out the spreadsheet.

I don't think you need e1RM, the worksheet calculates that from weight, reps and RPE

18 minutes ago, TGP said:

please fill out the spreadsheet. 

Done! And I made a row for myself in Leaderboard Calcs, but not anywhere else (like the actual Leaderboard.) The amusing results show up if you put in my base weight of 137 instead of my current 158. Note: the last time I was lifting regularly my 1RM was 210 at 140-144 bodyweight. Pregnancy may be rough on me athletically, but my lower body seems to be keeping up just fine.

• Like 1

Your in the Leaderboard, Daemon!  congrats

sorry for not updating it sooner:

DEADLIFT

OVERHEAD PRESS

SQUAT

BENCHPRESS

1 129.29 jonfirestar 1 37.79 Mr_Willes 1 122.02 jonfirestar 1 65.13 jonfirestar
2 107.83 Mr_Willes 2 37.57 jonfirestar 2 104.10 Mr_Willes 2 50.42839454 jstanlick
3 98.57 DaemonCorax 3 35.53 jarric 3 72.66 jarric 3 50.32 Mr_Willes
4 82.88 Librarian of Doom 4 33.07 jstanlick 4 69.70 jstanlick 4 43.71 Raxie
5 74.20 jstanlick 5 29.81 Raxie 5 67.80 DaemonCorax 5 26.25 Thom Stepan

11 minutes ago, TGP said:

Your in the Leaderboard, Daemon! 

This made me laugh.

:)

Y'all gotta step up. The lady with the soccer ball under her skin made the leader board. Hehe.

Thanks though. If you read my post about this weekend, you'll know I'm sitting here wondering where all my energy went. The rewards of lifting are a nice compensatory feeling.

• Like 2

On 2/18/2019 at 1:01 PM, DaemonCorax said:

Y'all gotta step up. The lady with the soccer ball under her skin made the leader board. Hehe.

Not only did you make the leaderboard, I went and checked out the spreadsheet 'cuz it's been a while since I looked at it and you're climbing up the leaderboard! 

DEADLIFT

OVERHEAD PRESS

SQUAT

BENCHPRESS

1 129.29 jonfirestar 1 42.94 jonfirestar 1 122.02 jonfirestar 1 65.13 jonfirestar
2 109.25 DaemonCorax 2 38.28 Mr_Willes 2 109.46 Mr_Willes 2 51.89 Mr_Willes
3 107.83 Mr_Willes 3 36.48 jstanlick 3 75.15 DaemonCorax 3 50.43 jstanlick
4 82.88 Librarian of Doom 4 35.53 jarric 4 72.66 jarric 4 43.71 Raxie
5 78.55 jstanlick 5 29.81 Raxie 5 71.95 jstanlick 5 26.25 Thom Stepan

You're now number 2 on the deadlift and number 3 on the Squats! Way to go DC!

That's just because you guys were nice and told me to use my base weight.

Although (see forthcoming challenge post) I did 185x5 and it felt cruiser this morning DL so I'll update again.

1 hour ago, Mr_Willes said:

Maybe we need to have a wake-up call for most of the contestants:

Grrr, I'll update but my numbers haven't been going up. 

:(

1 hour ago, jonfirestar said:

Grrr, I'll update but my numbers haven't been going up. 

:(

Afbeeldingsresultaat voor excellent gif

1 hour ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

minions thong GIF

I want to join in, I'm just not sure what I'm actually doing with that spreadsheet! Do I need to set something up? 

Make a copy of one of the template tabs, and fill in the yellow cells.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Maybe we need to have a wake-up call for most of the contestants:

@Jarric

Talk to my Crossfit box about their programming :P . When I have some heavy lifts to share I'll get them in, but I am at the mercy of others for what I do each day.

I am awake. Very grudgingly. I'm not lifting again until Wednesday. We'll see how it goes.

Since I basically use my challenge as my only workout log, the 3 couple months are going to make for weird reading. Belly demon is due to make his debut mid May. I'll definitely take a break after that. Then we'll see. The endurance things I do have taken a hit while lifting hasn't. I'm curious to see if my endurance is better than I think it is post baby because I'm walking around with a loaded system all day right now.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

Swooping in, casually taking 4th place in the deadlift, with almost 100 wilks!

Dang! Knocked me out of the top 5. Speaking of swooping in, nice job on taking the OHP lead.

I see I have lots of lifting to do. :concern:

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c759eb45177794249

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, jstanlick said:

Speaking of swooping in, nice job on taking the OHP lead.

Thanx!

They felt super solid last week. Even though it felt more like an attitude change, just went into the last few sets, with a "kill"-mindset.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Mr_Willes said:

They felt super solid last week. Even though it felt more like an attitude change, just went into the last few sets, with a "kill"-mindset.

I calculated how big my amrap set sould need to be in order to take the lead from you again. I don't think that's going to happen tbh ;) 

• Like 1