• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

chemgeek

Chemgeek comes out of the Fade

Well, train to live rather than live to train, right? It's all good. I hope you're feeling better!

Martial Arts Saturday and rest Sunday due to pulled ab. 

Monday is normally a rest day. Tuesday I did martial arts. Today I will probably do core when I get home.

• Like 2

Woo for those not familiar with DA a big part of the spirituality of the series has to do with spirits and demons. Basically spirits are virtues, or things people value (creativity, wisdom, valor, justice, etc) and the demons aren't sin so much as they are corruption of virtue. If Wisdom begins to feel it knows best all the time, it becomes Pride, for example. 

For me, Sloth was bugging me all day but I have largely done a good job of ignoring it. 

I am at martial arts, so now it's time to go show some Fade demons what for. 

Felled the sloth demon, only to find out that a relative I am close to is in ICU with a critical illness and is not expected to survive. I was advised to travel out of province to visit ASAP if I want to see this person again before they pass. Relative has hung on for the past few days which is good because weather precludes me from visiting until Tuesday. 

I am suspending my challenge in favor of crisis survival mode. I will be happy if I eat enough food, get enough sleep, exercise at all, and get down for a visit safely. I may or may not be posting for the rest of the challenge. 

I hope you get to spend time with your relative and that things go as well as possible under the circumstances.

Crisis survival mode makes perfect sense. Hang in there.