• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Whimsy

Self-Awareness.Self-Acceptance.Change.

Hey ya all! Whimsy here. Been a member since 2017 but have never joined a challenge until now. Was active at the start, accomplishing quest after quest then ultimately ran out of steam and just stopped. ^^' This time I decided to join the challenge to give myself a sense of accountability and a feeling of friendly competitiveness.

As for the title of my post, it is my mantra this year. 

Self-Awareness. I know I am overweight and I have formed bad habits.

Self-Acceptance. I accept those as simply facts about myself. Facts that are not gonna go away or disappear magically no matter how much I wish them to do so.

Change. And so I'm going to give my all taking the steps I know I need to do in order to change them for my own sake. It will be hard, I have tried changing numerous times in the past only to give up and bury my head in the proverbial sand. But this time, I am armed with the knowledge I have learned from those past tries and this burning feeling in me that is getting stronger and stronger each day I give in to my procrastination and bad habit of self-denial. 

My main goals these year are:

1. Fitness Goals - Lose more or less 66 lbs. 

2. Diet Goals - Avoid unhealthy carbs (cakes, fast food, bread) and stick to my meal plan which involves eating more veggies and drinking more water. 

3. Skin Care and Beauty Goals - Be consistent with drinking 2 mugs of warm water after waking up. Follow my daily beauty rituals.

4. Work/Money Goals - Since I work freelance, I need to be consistent with my working schedule. The past year I have been admittedly lazy, working only when I want to or only when I need money for something. This year I'm gonna make it so I work 6 days a week, 8 hrs a day. This is so I can save up money and be able to travel.

In line with those main goals, my goals for this 4 week challenge are as follows:

1. Fitness Goal:

-Workout consistently.

-4x Full Body Strength Training/Week.

-Yoga Everyday. Lighter yoga focused more on stretching during the days I have strength training. 

-Guided Meditation every morning.

2. Diet Goal:

-Substitute quinoa instead of eating white rice.

-Pace my meals. No eating/drinking after 2 hrs of every meal. 

-Restrain myself from buying and eating cookies and cakes.

-More veggies and lean meat.

-Be aware of the food I eat and drink.

-No eating after 7pm.

3. Skin Care and Beauty Goals:

-Drink 2 mugs of warm water after waking up everyday.

-Wait 45 minutes before eating breakfast.

- Maintain daily, weekly and monthly beauty rituals.

4. Work/Money Goals:

-Work 6 days a week, 8 hrs a day. Adjusting my working time as needed as long as I get to work 8 hrs a day.

-Save and appropriate money on the list of things/activities you need to save up on.

5. Additional Goal:

-Sleep 6-7 hrs per night. Sleep early, wake up early.

Edited by Whimsy
Added additional task.
  • Like 4

Nice and specific, good job! I normally say welcome to the rebellion but since you've been here I'll say welcome to your first challenge!

It can be hard to change your diet through willpower alone, we all know we 'should', any plans on what to do when that gets tough?

• Like 1

21 hours ago, RES said:

Nice and specific, good job! I normally say welcome to the rebellion but since you've been here I'll say welcome to your first challenge!

It can be hard to change your diet through willpower alone, we all know we 'should', any plans on what to do when that gets tough?

Hello and thank you. And yes, changing a diet through willpower alone is really difficult. I'm sure there will be times I would falter and give in to the urge to eat a chocolate bar or a piece of cake or two. This time though, I won't let it stop me from pushing through my goals like I have done in the past. Where I let my missteps stop my fitness journey. Eating a chocolate or a piece of cake or two is not the end of the world. It's just a bump I have to go through. 

Self-Awareness. Yes, I ate something unhealthy that I'm supposed not to. Self-Acceptance. I accept that I made a misstep and I feel bad about it. Change. Instead of hating myself and letting it get me down though, I would internalize, find the reason why, give myself a pep talk. Then move on. 

And also, come back and read this post when I'm feeling weak or when I have made a misstep to remind myself.

For that, thanks very much RES. :D

• Like 4

I have a couple podcasts I listen to, one of them is fond of reminding us "it wasn't one slip up that got you where you are". Also something along the lines of "no two in a row doesn't only apply to missed workouts" :) 

Always happy to help!

• Like 2

3 hours ago, RES said:

I have a couple podcasts I listen to, one of them is fond of reminding us "it wasn't one slip up that got you where you are". Also something along the lines of "no two in a row doesn't only apply to missed workouts" :) 

Always happy to help!

I like podcasts. I listen to them from time to time too. But music has always been my remedy. Been listening to a lot of feel-good and be you and do you songs to help me along.  And I agree with those. My slip-ups were mainly the reasons why I have failed every fitness journey I have undertaken in the past. I just felt bad after committing said slip-ups and I let that feeling of failure get to me. I know better now. One good thing about growing older, it has given me the, let's say maturity to see past my experiences and the lessons and knowledge they contain. ^^

• Like 1

Welcome to Level 1! You have some really great, achievable goals for your first challenge and I'm excited to see you progress. Best of luck! I'll be cheering you on :D

• Like 1

On 1/5/2019 at 8:49 PM, NicTheRugger said:

Welcome to Level 1! You have some really great, achievable goals for your first challenge and I'm excited to see you progress. Best of luck! I'll be cheering you on :D

Thank you! :D Best of luck to us all in this challenge. We can do it!

Hi there! I love your well planned goals. We've all failed in the past, made slips, given up. You're still going for it though, and in the end, it is persistence, not perfection, that makes the difference. 

Can't wait to see you smash these goals this challenge! 

• Like 1

16 hours ago, JessFit said:

Hi there! I love your well planned goals. We've all failed in the past, made slips, given up. You're still going for it though, and in the end, it is persistence, not perfection, that makes the difference. 

Can't wait to see you smash these goals this challenge! 

Thank you! :D 

9 hours ago, BardicGarlic said:

Good luck. I'm excited for you!

Thank you! :D Peeked at your profile page and saw that you've recently joined. Welcome to Nerd Fitness! Wishing you the best of luck in your life journey too. :)

Starting Weight: 181.44

Current Weight: 180.56

Weight Lost: .88

Lost a bit of weight. Hit 177.69 as my lowest weight during the week but my weight went up again after an eating spree that had me eating more rice, cake, and pizzas at the end of the week. Writing this, that 177.69 is making me regret I ate too many carbs and haven't worked out during the end of the week. It is motivating me though, seeing as I can get to the 170s as long as I mind what I eat and I stick to my workout schedule. 

Weekly Progress Report

Did not do great this first week especially on the Nutrition and Work aspects of my goal.

Fitness: Strength Training - Completed, 2x, not full sets. Had to stop due to legs twinging. Started with 5lbs plate thinking it would be easy peasy since I have been using up to 20lbs plate previously. My legs went nope, my right leg especially and collapsed on me. Will be working out with just the barbel for at least 2 weeks before adding plates.

Yoga - 4x.

Meditation - 2x.

Truly sucked on the Nutrition aspect, ate rice on several meals. My sister went on a cooking spree this week. Was unable to holdout, eat several slices of homemade pesto pizza and chocolate chip and caramel cookies, scallion and mushroom pancakes and 2 slices of chocolate cake roll.

Did great on the drinking of 2 cups water after waking up and not eating anything before 45 minutes passed. Stuck to that 7x. Perfect attendance. Managed to stick to my beauty rituals too.

Did not work much this week. Spent most of my days bumming around, which I'm not proud to admit. Spent most days and nights reading and watching shows and movies on Netflix. Managed to sleep, 6-8hrs every night but slept late mostly thereby woke up late too. 

What to do better the second week.

Fitness. Workout using just the barbel on my strength training for the next two weeks. Continue with my yoga and meditation but will be aiming at getting a full 7-day streak. 

Nutrition. Will pre-cook quinoa that will last me for at least 2-3 days so I would always have it readily available. Gotta remind myself that I can always eat pizzas and cookies and cake, just not now since they're really not great for my waistline, that I'm trying to decrease... Or to at least just eat one and no more than two slices or pieces. Continue drinking 2 mugs of warm water after waking up until it becomes a habit. Will also add, strictly no eating after 7 pm.

Work. Have to remind myself everytime I distract myself instead of working that I need to save money for me and my friend's planned trip this coming April by looking at a picture of the place we're planning to visit. I'm hopeful that will get me working.

Sleep. Have to sleep early in order to wake up early. In order to work more. And in order to be able to do yoga while it's not so hot outside which I very much like doing.

• Like 5

On 1/14/2019 at 4:27 AM, Whimsy said:

It is motivating me though, seeing as I can get to the 170s as long as I mind what I eat and I stick to my workout schedule.  

You might not have felt could about how the week went but you did brilliantly. Now that you know what you’re capable of achieving, it’s going to be easier for you to put all your efforts into it. Keep up the great work.

• Like 1