• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Ensi

The IE Group - Intuitive Eating Support Group

Recommended Posts

23 minutes ago, RedStone said:

In that case, what would it take for you to add in more calories throughout your day and see how it goes for a few weeks?

Planning. :lol: Adulting is hard yo.

 

23 minutes ago, RedStone said:

Cause I am just a massive paper fangirl, total stationary nerd LOL

Let's not discuss the ratio of notepads I've purchased to notepads I've used, mmkay. :P 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Planning. :lol: Adulting is hard yo.

 

It is. Planning is on the top of my self care list. I make a lot of lists. Hello, I'm RedStone and I'm a virgo, please let me write this down somewhere.

 

2 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

Let's not discuss the ratio of notepads I've purchased to notepads I've used, mmkay. :P 

 

A girl after my own heart. I decided to take up hand lettering last summer and managed to burn through a surprising amount of half used notebooks by practicing! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, RedStone said:

It is. Planning is on the top of my self care list. I make a lot of lists. Hello, I'm RedStone and I'm a virgo, please let me write this down somewhere.

I'm more of a wing it and see kind of gal. :D Which doesn't always work out so well haha. WIP.

 

16 minutes ago, RedStone said:

A girl after my own heart. I decided to take up hand lettering last summer and managed to burn through a surprising amount of half used notebooks by practicing! 

Ooh nice, do you share them somewhere?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
You're sick! Rest and give your body what it wants. What scares you about binges? What's the worst case scenario you're imagining?
I'm afraid I always try to eat out the pain. I even eat to push overeating pain away!
I am afraid of repeated binges, not of a one-off. I fear the loss of control and binging for months no end. I am afraid of gaining 100kg and be unable to move from my bed.
While I am not beating myself up for it, my weight is higher than it 'should' be (medical charts), and also higher than it 'feels good' (intuitive). Last year I went on a pill that messed me up, and I just feel the excessive weight. I am positive that will go down, yet having had binged in the past, the 'I can't make the weight go down, let's make it go up because I can control that' voice is hitting me when I'm down.
Gosh! Seeing this black on white is awkward! I need to make peace with my body... and let go of control!

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

I'm more of a wing it and see kind of gal. :D Which doesn't always work out so well haha. WIP.

 

Ooh nice, do you share them somewhere?

 

Not really, I just sort of decided to learn it! I like to sort of just write down stuff as my friends are talking, the sort of repetitive writing over and over is relaxing. Here's some stuff in the spoiler:
 

Spoiler


DWzcKJMl.png

 

Also, I guess used the style for a challenge not forever ago, and framed it do I had to look at it everyday:

 

nXG6sMWl.jpg

 


 

19 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I'm afraid I always try to eat out the pain. I even eat to push overeating pain away!

19 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Gosh! Seeing this black on white is awkward! I need to make peace with my body... and let go of control!

 

Yeah, buffering with food is one of the most common reasons I hear about for binging, it's certainly fueled a lot of my binge/purge cycles as well as over drinking. Good on you for acknowledging! And backing in to why you're buffering can help manage it

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
 
Yeah, buffering with food is one of the most common reasons I hear about for binging, it's certainly fueled a lot of my binge/purge cycles as well as over drinking. Good on you for acknowledging! And backing in to why you're buffering can help manage it
 
 
Sorry, English is not my first language and... what does buffering mean in this context? Surely not 'wait until there is another piece downloaded'... I searched online, but nothing seems to fit this... :sweat_smile:

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 hours ago, RedStone said:

Not really, I just sort of decided to learn it! I like to sort of just write down stuff as my friends are talking, the sort of repetitive writing over and over is relaxing. Here's some stuff in the spoiler:

Very nice! I especially love the dailies. :) 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Sorry, English is not my first language and... what does buffering mean in this context? Surely not 'wait until there is another piece downloaded'... I searched online, but nothing seems to fit this... :sweat_smile:

 

It's a term we use related to the idea of separating ourselves from our emotions - creating a buffer means to make a space/distance/removal from things we don't want to feel. So in terms of emotional eating, this is the phrase I would use for when you say you eat away the pain from overeating. It's an ongoing cycle and the idea of pain management = how we handle what we see as the negative aspects of out lives. The food coaches I've worked with always say that it's never about the food itself, so dealing with the emotions that set the binge into motion is more the target!

 

4 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Very nice! I especially love the dailies. :) 

 

TYTY!! <3

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites



 
It's a term we use related to the idea of separating ourselves from our emotions - creating a buffer means to make a space/distance/removal from things we don't want to feel. So in terms of emotional eating, this is the phrase I would use for when you say you eat away the pain from overeating. It's an ongoing cycle and the idea of pain management = how we handle what we see as the negative aspects of out lives. The food coaches I've worked with always say that it's never about the food itself, so dealing with the emotions that set the binge into motion is more the target!


Thank you for both support and English lesson!!
Yeah, lately I feel like a train about to derail, even if my life goes objectively well.
Onto more investigation :)

Sent from my FIG-LX1 using Tapatalk

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

Thank you for both support and English lesson!!
Yeah, lately I feel like a train about to derail, even if my life goes objectively well.
Onto more investigation :)

 

 

I feel you and I've been there, I go there often actually lol :abnormal: I think it's all just part of being human. Many hugs and camaraderie! 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now