• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ensi

The IE Group - Intuitive Eating Support Group

On 9/16/2019 at 12:30 AM, Diadhuit said:

Was the 100 days of food freedom book of help in this path? Do you recommend it?

It helped me for sure. But it wouldn't have been enough on its own. This thread, and other people I've interacted with on here has helped a lot. So has a few different youtubers and a facebook group I'm a (paying) member of. The IE book has also been helpful. It's all the nudges from a lot of different sources/directions that together has gotten me to where I am today.

The only thing that I've done, and still do, that hasn't helped much is seeing my therapist :rolleyes: Too much digging in the past and a general focus on things irrelevant to my ED. But I continue to go there because those are still things I probably should talk to someone about. They're just not relevant for improving my relationship with food.

Back to the 100doff book... The author started a fb group and started the 100doff journey together with me and a few other. When he was active, and I could ask him questions and discuss with him, then the book was great. If he was still there I would really recommend the book and the group. But he quit posting there and quit answering questions. So now, if you try to do the exercises in the book you're on your own. And that's just not as helpful. At least it wouldn't have been for me. So right now I can't recommend the book as much as I would have if the author was still active in the community.

• Like 1

It helped me for sure. But it wouldn't have been enough on its own. This thread, and other people I've interacted with on here has helped a lot. So has a few different youtubers and a facebook group I'm a (paying) member of. The IE book has also been helpful. It's all the nudges from a lot of different sources/directions that together has gotten me to where I am today.

The only thing that I've done, and still do, that hasn't helped much is seeing my therapist :rolleyes: Too much digging in the past and a general focus on things irrelevant to my ED. But I continue to go there because those are still things I probably should talk to someone about. They're just not relevant for improving my relationship with food.

Back to the 100doff book... The author started a fb group and started the 100doff journey together with me and a few other. When he was active, and I could ask him questions and discuss with him, then the book was great. If he was still there I would really recommend the book and the group. But he quit posting there and quit answering questions. So now, if you try to do the exercises in the book you're on your own. And that's just not as helpful. At least it wouldn't have been for me. So right now I can't recommend the book as much as I would have if the author was still active in the community.

Thanks! I honestly think your progress are amazing, and I know I'm judging only with what you write, but I think you came a very long way.
Thanks for the book review, I probably wouldn't have joined the FB group anyway.
I also should go back to therapy, not because it helped, but because I need to talk to someone.

8 hours ago, Diadhuit said:

I honestly think your progress are amazing, and I know I'm judging only with what you write, but I think you came a very long way.

Thank you. I do notice the progress myself. And most days it doesn't affect me at all. But not all days are great. Yesterday we had pasta alfredo with bacon. And that made those ED voices come back much stronger than they have been for quite some time. Trying to make me not eat until I'm full/satisfied. Trying to make me go for a walk to "make up for all those calories". Trying to make me feel bad for not eating vegetables. Etc... But I recognize all those thoughts. I know what they are. I know what they're trying to make me do. But I don't have to act on them, and I didn't. It's more like "Sigh! Not again..." A few deep breaths to calm me down and I'm fine :) 

Thankfully situations like that are few and far between. In fact, I can't even remember when even had voices that intense before yesterday. 

I do have some more work to do with body image/body checking, but it's not too bad, so I'm just giving it time... :) 

• Like 2

10 hours ago, Tobbe said:

But I recognize all those thoughts. I know what they are. I know what they're trying to make me do. But I don't have to act on them, and I didn't. It's more like "Sigh! Not again..." A few deep breaths to calm me down and I'm fine :) 

Awesome work. I applaud your valour and resolve. 

Yesterday I thought I needed to use food to heal. Was in pain and blaming me and food.
But... it turns out it's a virus!
I think the premise can still apply, if I don't make the blaming leap.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, ladylydia said:

Glad this thread is here, following. 

What has your experience with IE been this far?

On 6/24/2020 at 2:17 AM, Tobbe said:

What has your experience with IE been this far?

I've struggled with it quite a bit.  I have a long history with eating disorders (both bulimia and binge eating) and tend to ignore my body's signals (both to start or stop eating). The only thing I've really figured out with intuitive eating is know what nutrients my body craves and how to provide the right macros when I am hungry.