Aquamom Returns

Aquamom

Hey Rangers!

It's been - a while.  We'll just leave it at that.  I'm currently battling an ankle injury, but the new year seemed like a good starting point for diving back in and focusing on me.  Lots of changes the last couple of years.  I changed workplaces and now work remotely which is hard.  I know some people love it.  Honestly, I thought I would love it, but my mind focuses better when I have an office to go to.  I'll be back shortly with my quest list.  

Ok, I've actually used the forms to create my quests this time!  Amazing!  So, here are my 5 quests that I would like to complete in the 6-12 months:

1. Do 1 pull-up or chin-up.  (This is actually my New Year's resolution.)
  2. Lose 20 lbs.
  3. Bench Press 150 lbs
  4. Fit back into size 36 jeans
  5. Row a 5k

The rowing goal will depend on  my ankle.  I have a follow-up with my orthopedic this coming Thursday.  The cortisone shot he gave me 3 weeks ago I'm not sure fully worked, so we'll see what the next step is.  

With those Quests in place, here are my baby-step actions for the next 4 weeks:

1. Spend 5 minutes/day practicing "rockers" (for the Pull-up Quest)
  2. Bench Press 3 times a week.  (I will probably work on higher reps, lower weight for the first couple of weeks and then move towards a 5 x 5 program)
  3. Get to the gym at least 3 times a week. (This really dovetails with #2).
  4. Eat at least 4 servings of veggies per day.

Let's dive in!

• Like 1

Atlantean Ranger

Epic Quest Level 4

"Remember - I'm still the king of the Seven Seas!  And if I wish I can command all the creatures of the sea to attack you - at once!"

Welcome back! Here's to an awesome 2019!

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

i love your goals :) following

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

Current Challenge: Plague

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World