• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Anim07734

The Imperial Lounge

Welcome to the Imperial Navy!

1469877_719288914765698_349683271_n.jpg?

Here we value order, planning, and preparation.  Our pilots are selected for their ability to develop and stick with a plan.

Please review the roster and meet your wingmen.  You'll be relying on each other.

Available Ships:

TIE Fighter - All pilots start on the basic TIE fighter.  This craft features an array of weapons to aid in Attack, engines tuned for the speed and manueverability to Dodge, and a Support package.  (Piloting a TIE fighter will increase all your contributions by 3%.)

TIE Advanced - The TIE Advanced is a prototype command craft equiped with additional command and control equipment to better coordinate squadron actions.  (Piloting a TIE Advanced will increase your Support contribution by 10%.)  Unlock the TIE Advanced by cooking a total of 2 meals with a different vegetable in each, then add it to your approved ship list on the roster.

TIE Bomber - The TIE Bomber is a dedicated assault craft; the addition of a second pod allows it to carry significantly more ordnance.  (Piloting a TIE Bomber will increase your Attack contribution by 10%.)  Unlock the TIE Bomber by performing a total of 50m of farmer's walks with a challenging weight, then add it to your approved ship list on the roster.

TIE Interceptor - The TIE Interceptor incorporates advanced engines and maneuvering thrusters into a compact, sleek design.  (Piloting a TIE Interceptor will increase your Dodge contribution by 10%.)  Unlock the TIE Interceptor by performing a total of 300sec of sprints (you may divide the time however you choose, but must be moving at YOUR maximum speed), then add it to your approved ship list on the roster.

Lambda Shuttle - The Lambda Shuttle features armament and communications equipment to support the ground troops it carries, though its large size makes it slower and less maneuverable than other starfighters.  (Piloting an Lambda Shuttle will increase your Attack and Support contributions by 10% each, but reduce your Dodge contribution by 10%.)  Unlock the Lambda Shuttle by meditating a total of 600sec, then add it to your approved ship list on the roster.

Additional ships will become available as you gain experience!

• Like 2

8ubGFLt.gif

Hello fellow... well, I guess "seamen" wouldn't be right for a space force.... why is it the Navy again? Eh, oh well. Onward to battle. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Eh, oh well. Onward to battle.

Oh, the enthusiasm! ;) 

Well seeing as we've been conscripted into the Imperial Forces, we have to do our part to maintain order across the Galaxy.  Off to Tattoine!

96da667e0f93f439327dd8a03d88d64b.gif

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Mr.Six said:

Well seeing as we've been conscripted into the Imperial Forces, we have to do our part to maintain order across the Galaxy. 

Look, we do have some *smashing* uniforms.

rogue_one_a_star_wars_story_villains_cas

THAT CAPE THO

On 1/7/2019 at 8:51 AM, Manarelle said:

"seamen"

hee hee hee 

Okay, I'm taking a gym break this afternoon for a light workout. Core/Attack suits my workout plan best today. I'll post 'em up in a few hours.

28 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Look, we do have some *smashing* uniforms.

THAT CAPE THO

Agreed. And I suppose as long as we're not ordered to let people escape, we should be ok here ("good" would be stretching it). 

And now I'm envisioning a caped librarian sweeping through the stacks, shushing people and putting back books without being seen, just the sudden swish of a cape behind an unruly patron....

31 minutes ago, RogueLibrarian said:

hee hee hee 

Yeah, I figured that'd tickle someone's funny bone. :)

• Like 1

Don't have to all fight in the same battle, just each pilot can participate in only one. 

I'd be less useful in Cantonica: don't really do any leg holds, and only a minimum pull reps. If you don't mind splitting the fleet, I can focus on Corellia and switch chin-up practice from reps to static holds. 

• Like 1

A new ship has become available:

vader-tie_no-interior_image0.jpg

TIE Advanced - The TIE Advanced is a prototype command craft equiped with additional command and control equipment to better coordinate squadron actions.  (Piloting a TIE Advanced will increase your Support contribution by 10%.)  Unlock the TIE Advanced by cooking a total of 2 meals with a different vegetable in each, then add it to your approved ship list on the roster.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

Could've been snakes.

Cool. I've got a fridge full of salad stuff at home.

I would cheerfully eat snakes over veggies. They're still meat, and I'll bet they're delicious and low-fat. 

I would far more cheerfully hang out with snakes over veggies. They're cool, pretty, chill, and know how to rock curves. /highones snakes. 

Veggies are satan's evil toe fungus that hate us and taste disgusting. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

On 1/16/2019 at 12:17 PM, Anim07734 said:

A new ship has become available:

So uh... not to be one of those people, but.... this doesn't say anything about eating said meals. If I prepare 2 meals of veggies, and then hand the veggie part off to my crazy, veggie-loving gentleman to eat, does that count? Made some nasty ... I don't even know what it's called, corn, carrots, and green beans medley for him last night that he greeted with entirely too much enthusiasm. Does that get me halfway there?

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Manarelle said:

So uh... not to be one of those people, but.... this doesn't say anything about eating said meals. If I prepare 2 meals of veggies, and then hand the veggie part off to my crazy, veggie-loving gentleman to eat, does that count? Made some nasty ... I don't even know what it's called, corn, carrots, and green beans medley for him last night that he greeted with entirely too much enthusiasm. Does that get me halfway there?

It's a start.  You should really try it yourself before deciding you don't like it though. :playful:

On 1/18/2019 at 5:36 PM, Anim07734 said:

It's a start.  You should really try it yourself before deciding you don't like it though. :playful:

Ok, mom. :) Believe it or not, I do try veggies on a regular basis. My gentleman is overly fond of them, and similarly qq's about my lack of vegetable intake, so I do try to steal one whatever he's eating when it's something new. 

Things I can eat in small doses: raw carrots, raw cauliflower, 3 leaves of baby spinach on a 6" sub, 1 slice of cucumber (it smells so delicious, but just bleah), corn on the cob if I really have to for politeness' sake, artichoke but only in cheesy dip, leeks in dips, zucchini in enough bread product to make it unhealthy, nori on sushi, and mashed sweet potatoes. (Note mostly not the healthier veggies).

Things I have tried and firmly said no thank you to: asparagus, cabbage (cooked and raw), lettuce, wild greens, dandelion greens, purslane, yellow squash, butternut squash, spaghetti squash, radishes, rutabaga, taro, cassava, snap peas, snow peas, edamame, lentils, turnips, sweet/ bell peppers of any color, celery, bamboo shoots, tomatoes (raw or cooked - paste is ok in small amounts) bok choi, tomatillos, fava beans, kohl rabi, chayote, eggplant, jicama, mushrooms, onion (on its own, not in small bits as flavoring), lima beans, cooked seaweed, water chestnuts, and grape leaves. 

Things I have tried and will cheerfully go to jail for assault and battery if you come near me with them again: collard greens, cooked spinach, broccoli (cooked or raw), okra, beets (yes, even "hidden" in brownies - it's a lie), cooked carrots, brussels sprouts, or green beans. 

I do try things, and we travel a fair bit, so I get to try new and interesting (and often, disgusting) things fairly frequently. Aside from texture weirdness and lingering mental issues from an abusive childhood often focused around my refusal to eat boiled vegetables, my biggest complaint is that so many vegetables just taste.... green. Like eating a leaf off a tree or a green crayola crayon. It's chlorophyll, and it's nasty. You can cover it in butter, salt, sauce, spices, whatever, but that nasty green undertaste will still seep through. Even cucumbers, which smell like they ought to be unripe watermelon flavor... the green creeps up and kills it. 

So that's a long way to say "go stick it in your ear, buddy." I'll keep flying the regular tie fighter, then. :)

On 1/18/2019 at 6:59 PM, Manarelle said:

So that's a long way to say "go stick it in your ear, buddy." I'll keep flying the regular tie fighter, then. :)

My GF has similar issues that I'm slowly trying to help her work through, so I'm sorry if I came off insensitive.  I'm glad you're trying new things, even if you expect them to be disgusting (I agree with you on half your list :friendly_wink:).  And since it wasn't clear:  yes you can count the meal you cooked, even if you aren't the one eating it.

4 hours ago, RogueLibrarian said:

I'm not clear on how we switch to the new ship. It's not on the drop-down list. 

On the Roster, select the new ship in the blank column to add it to your "approved list."  Once you do that, it should show up in the battle drop down.

7 hours ago, Anim07734 said:

My GF has similar issues that I'm slowly trying to help her work through, so I'm sorry if I came off insensitive.  I'm glad you're trying new things, even if you expect them to be disgusting (I agree with you on half your list :friendly_wink:).  And since it wasn't clear:  yes you can count the meal you cooked, even if you aren't the one eating it.

Nope, definitely not insensitive. My knee-jerk reaction was pretty snarky, because yes, most people assume that I don't even try, buuuuuuuuuuuuuut... once I got my head out of my butt, I realized you're not a jerk, so I probably shouldn't make assumptions on my end, either. :) Sorry if my reply was rude.

I mostly wrote out the list because I've been telling people for years that I don't like veggies, but haven't ever really written it out, so I took the opportunity presented. My mother (who is a jerk) will blame everything bad in my life on a lack of leafy greens, from random bouts of indigestion through to my car breaking down, so I've been a little hyper focused on the leafy green bits, which are the worst chlorophyll offenders. I probably could incorporate more of the ones I am willing to eat; see if I could make them palatable in larger quantities. Sigh.

• Like 2

Sorry, I only discovered this thread now and also I did not contribute that much this week as I mixed up push and pull holds :rolleyes: took extra care to record my wall handstand hold and did a wheel hold as well, just for this :P but now I see it's PULL hold of course, and I didn't do those. Oh well

Will give it more effort next week!

I for one am glad it's not snakes :D and don't mind veggies. For instance butternut with melted camembert cheese is one of my favorite quick meals for instance. Also adding grated carrots, some paprica and corn to left over pasta or the like is enjoyed by all of us. So yay for an easy upgrade :) 

• Like 1