Hello everyone!

Until the age of 17 (I'm 25 now) I was always a bit overweight and not so happy with my body. This all changed when my brother made me enthusiastic for cycling. Because he didn't have a car at that time, he cycled to his work every day, about 15km one way. He got in shape quickly by doing this 5 days per week. I owned a road bike but didn't use it so much. My brother once asked me to join him after my school day; I would cycle to his work and we would cycle back together. First times I couldn't stay in his wheel, this really motivated me to train hard. Soon I was cycling about 4 or 5 times per week. My excess bodyfat was shredded off fast and this increased my confidence a lot. I also joined a cycling club by that time and have done some amateur races.

Below a picture of me cycling in the mountains in France, near Annecy on vacation there about five years ago. This is on the Col de la Forclaz, one of my favourite climbs. I love cycling in the mountains, unfortunately we don't have any in the Netherlands ;)  

DSC_8062.thumb.JPG.015b857090a63d3aba79c346557947a5.JPG

Later I did running and cycling in a more recreational way, but still about three times per week. Cycling and running are the sports that gave personal success, so I never really considered anything else until recently. When my girlfriend started following TRX classes I joined the same gym. The first few times I followed the workout program they gave me at the gym. I found this program to have far too many exercises, making a training session last over two hours. So I started doing some research on the internet and ended up choosing for Stronglifts 5x5. I really enjoy the weight training and I hope to learn as much as I can about it! I'm in the 8th week now and have been able to make linear progress on all exercises except for the overhead press. I will post some form-check videos soon, I would really appreciate feed back!

Years ago my goal was to lose excess weight. Now my goal is to become as strong as I can and to gain weight on the way. 

Cheers