Walk to Mordor and Back Again (2019)

ok, well I understand where you are at now.

by the spreadsheet that NF goes by you're still in breeland.  as I recall, the books says that the hobbits might have enjoyed their walk in breeland once they left the road.  Aragorn was a skillful ranger and kept you on a path that wasn't easy to follow.

its all good.  congrats to your progress and enjoy the journey.

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

I reached Mordor! Time to start the journey back home...

• Like 2

The Great Reading Thread of 2024

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

Would any of you guys be interested in taking part in a Fitbit challenge, just for a bit of fun. The pic below shows what kind of challenges they have, and I’m open to joining in with whatever people would prefer. I’ve started a PvP thread for anyone to put their name down if they’re interested. :)

7278d852409116273aa71f20a36d5c9b.jpg

• Like 2

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

Life is far too short to take seriously

2 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

I reached Mordor! Time to start the journey back home...

Congratulations!  Now throw the ring in Mount Doom and get your butt back to Hobbiton.

I joined this year's Walk to Mordor today. I added my mileage from the day I started NF, 2/8/18, and I'm 75 miles from Mordor.

Level 10 Rebel

Character  Instagram  Current fitness routine 4 week challenge log FitBit User profile

“If it doesn’t challenge you it doesn’t change you.” Fred Devito

“Challenge yourself everyday to do better and be better. Remember, growth starts with a decision to move beyond your present circumstances.” Robert Tew

23 minutes ago, Balthazar77 said:

I joined this year's Walk to Mordor today. I added my mileage from the day I started NF, 2/8/18, and I'm 75 miles from Mordor.

Oh now that’s it!  I’ve had enough of you!  First you whoop our asses on the Fitbit challenge, now you just waltz in here and announce that your 75 miles from Mordor!  I quit!!!!  :D:D:D 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Make Life Rue The Day                             Turning back the clock                                                Recipe book  14

@Guzzi, I guess you are ultra competitive. All I have to say is BRING IT!!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Level 10 Rebel

Character  Instagram  Current fitness routine 4 week challenge log FitBit User profile

“If it doesn’t challenge you it doesn’t change you.” Fred Devito

“Challenge yourself everyday to do better and be better. Remember, growth starts with a decision to move beyond your present circumstances.” Robert Tew

4 hours ago, Balthazar77 said:

Oh, now you've done it. We are all going to go after you now.

Now, where is my cat....?

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

“I've always believed that failure is non-existent. What is failure? You go to the end of the season, then you lose the Super Bowl. Is that failing? To most people, maybe. But when you're picking apart why you failed, and now you're learning from that, then is that really failing? I don't think so." - Kobe Bryant, 1978-2020. Rest in peace, great warrior.

Personal Challenges, a.k.a.The Saga of Scalyfreak: Tutorial; Ch 1; Ch 2; Ch 3; Ch 4; Ch 5; Ch 6; Intermission; Intermission II; Ch 7; Ch 8; Ch 9; Ch 10; Ch 11; Ch 12 ; Ch 13; Ch 14Ch 15; Ch 16; Ch 17; Intermission IIICh 18; Ch 19; Ch 20; Ch 21; Ch 22; Ch 23; Ch 24; Ch 25; Intermission IV; Ch 26; Ch 27; Ch 28; Ch 29; Ch 30; Ch 31; Ch 32; Ch 33; Ch 34; Ch 35; Ch 36; Ch 37; Ch 38; Ch 39; Ch 40; Intermission V; Ch 41; Ch 42; Ch 43; Ch 44; Ch 45; Ch 46; Ch 47; Intermission VI; Ch 48; Ch 49; Ch 50

8 hours ago, Balthazar77 said:

Hahaha!!! :D I wish I was capable enough to be competitive, lol!  I highly suspect you’re going to whoop my ass on the new challenge too.  I’ll bring it, you might just have to wait for me to catch up is all :D:D:D 

15 hours ago, juliebarkley said:

Ditto. I'd love to do the Appalachian or Pacific Crest trail one day.

I agree! I just need to work my way up to that, especially since I'll have to do it alone (I asked my husband to go, but it sounds absolutely awful to him. This is a guy who won't run more than a half marathon because he says he's too bored just running for that long...this is why he does triathlons, lol). I have my eye on the Katy trail here in Missouri for a "first step" but it'll be a while before I can do that due to work/school/travel/children...

• Like 2

Mom. Teacher. Language Enthusiast. Wood Elf :)

Current Challenge: The Threshold Chronicles of KCAleece

Alors je ne lui parlais ni de serpents boas, ni de forêts vierges, ni d'étoiles. Je me mettais à sa portée. Je lui parlais de bridge, de golf, de politique et de cravates. Et la grande personne était bien contente de connaître un homme aussi raisonnable.

4 minutes ago, MrUgly72 said:

Can we still join this?

Absolutely! The more, the merrier :)

I use my Fitbit, since I where is all day.  But you could use anything that counts steps or miles.

3 minutes ago, BlackCatMagic said:

I use my Fitbit, since I where is all day.  But you could use anything that counts steps or miles.

What BlackCat said.

The important thing is that you are consistent and use the same metric every day. Basically, pick one and stick with it.