• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Surfchum

Gym Bag for my Business Attire

I bring my gym bag every morning to the gym but carry my business attire on a hanger as to not get it wrinkled. Any suggestions for easier transportation? Looking for a wrinkle free way of making my gym bag and work attire one. Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

On 1/6/2019 at 9:25 AM, Surfchum said:

I bring my gym bag every morning to the gym but carry my business attire on a hanger as to not get it wrinkled. Any suggestions for easier transportation? Looking for a wrinkle free way of making my gym bag and work attire one. Any suggestions? 

Thanks!

Do you go to the gym first thing in the morning, then afterwards take a shower and then head straight to work? 

Put your work clothes and gym attire in one bag; your work clothes are going to get wrinkled that way. After you're finished working out, take your work clothes with you on a hanger and leave them just outside of the shower where the steam from the hot shower will un-wrinkle them. Put the clothes back on and head to work that way.

Source:   https://www.rd.com/home/improvement/wrinkled-clothing-no-iron/

On 1/6/2019 at 9:25 AM, Surfchum said:

Thanks!

Not sure what your "work attire" is, for reference, most day's I'm dress slacks, button down shirt, suspenders, cuff links, and tie. Every now and then I'll toss on a nice jacket

I put all my work clothes in my gym bag the night before (loosely rolled up) and leave them in the bag till I'm done with the shower. I don't cram stuff in the locker cause the gyms lockers are too narrow for my stuff (if I used hangers) and too narrow for my bag to fit in.

I take stuff outta the bag after I shower and get dressed. Granted, all my things are "wrinkle free" and I don't care about military precision creases/edges on my work wear. 

I'd recommend getting good quality wrinkle free clothing, Jos. A. Banks makes decent stuff but their shirts never lasted more than a year for me. I now use a mail order brand called Charles Tyrwhitt (ctshirts.com). Good quality, good tailoring, and their stuff lasts longer than Jos. A. Banks.