• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Elastigirl

Elastigirl : Pixie Ranger

Elastigirl- Pixie Ranger

Being a Ranger, she loves to explore new places. Despite her pixie short legs, she loves to walk, and is known to  walk extremely long distances. Many times she carries extra rocks, building up muscles in her legs. She loves testing her strength  and seeing what new things her body is capable of The pixie side of her loves to laugh, and to make other people laugh. Sometimes being a pixie, she can be a bit mischievous, and is known to pull pranks on people. But it is all in fun. She is a loyal, loving friend.  However,  those who want to harm her friends, or whose heart is set on evil, take warning. Despite her small stature,  she is a fierce enemy. And if your mission is to bring darkness into this world, then you are an enemy. As passionately as she loves her friends and family, she wars against those who set about to do evil. Sometimes enemies mistake her for an easy target, but she is much stronger than she looks, and enemies who have tangled with her have regretted it.

Hey all, Slipping in for a new challenge. We just got back from a one week vacation in California, and I haven't thought much about my challenge. It was nice to not have to think about goals, but to just relax and enjoy being a bit out of routine for a bit. This challenge is interesting. I'm only home for a short while, and then we are going to Puerto Rico, Husband is going there on business, and I am going to enjoy the sunshine. I don't want to make a lot of goals, and I have no idea how much internet I will have. 

the trip is not happening

So I am going to break it into chunks;

First off: The one thing I'm going to do all month. GMB has a forward fold mini routine to work on. You obviously do the forward fold, and then some other moving exercises to improve your fold. I'm going to do that this month. I figure it will be a fun thing to work on at home as well as travelling.  I'd like to do it every day, but if something happens to disrupt that while I'm in Puerto Rico, I'm not going to worry about it.

This week's goals

Kind of weird because  we just got back from vacation, and were are traveling again. So I have some stuff to do for that. Plus, I would like to fix some nice healthy meals this week.

List of things I want to do this week

1) List three things each day

During the challenge I will:

1) Write a list of things I'd realistically like to accomplish this year

2) Write a dream list of all the things I want to do this year (I did this last year, and found it a fun way to inspire me to try new things)

3)Write out a list of goals for the next three months

• Like 17

I have so much to share with you all about our trip to California, I figured I'd write a whole post to ramble on about it. We went to California to see our college football team play in the Rose Bowl. We had an amazing time (even though our team lost) and really enjoyed the sunshine. It was sunny every single day. Not quite as warm as we had hoped, but SUNNY. I told Kestrel Gray that being in the sunshine made such a difference in my mood. I do things to help me combat SAD, but still after being in the sun for a day, I just felt like my mood and energy lifted 100%. We rented a house. It was on top of a hill, and it looked out over the city. Gorgous views. Every window I looked out of I could see views of the city. 

One day we went hiking. We hiked up to where  we could see the Hollywood sign. Very fun hike. Apparently, it's a popular hike, as there were lots of other people on the hike.  And there is a company that does trail rides, so we saw lots of horses and their riders. Hubby did some geocaching. I watched, as I refuse to stick my hand under some rock in snake country.:friendly_wink:

The day of the game, we took the light rail and then walked the rest of the way to  the stadium. They had shuttles, but the line was super long. It was about a 2 mile walk. Made me feel good that I could walk two miles each way.

The next two days we spent in Disneyland. For a long time, I have wanted to go to Disneyland at Christmas time to see all the lights. The drawback is that it is crowded. It was more crowded than when we have gone off season.. The lights were beautiful though, and there was a special parade and firework show, and even snowfall l. And the most exciting thing- I got to ride the Incredicoaster! Back story;  The roller coaster used to be called Screaming California. I never rode it, because it did a loop, and I was afraid of going upside down. But last year when we were in Disneyland, I decided to go for it, did my ten seconds of courage, and did it. And I loved it! And right after that, Disneyland announced they were closing it and re-opening it as Incredicoaster, with the theme of the Incredibles. Of course, I took this as a sign that they were super impressed by my bravery and thought Elastigirl needed her own rollercoaster:smile-new: So, It was super fun to go on the Incredicoaster. I was really impressed with the way they did the ride. It incorporated the theme of Jack-Jack and the Incredibles in a fun way. And then right near the ride, they had a food cart, and the cart was selling gluten free cookies. So of course I had to try that, and it was delicious!

The other cool thing that happened in Disneyland, was I tried another ride that I had been afraid of.  There is a giant Ferris wheel. The Ferris wheel has two types of cars, one normal, and one that rides on this track and swings as it goes up and down. I had never gone on that, as I was nervous about the swinging. I decided to try it this time. It was sorta scary, and a bit wooshy on the stomach, but overall it was ok. I was proud of myself for trying. Then I realized that I liked the other cars better, because it went higher, and I missed that. Which is kind of amazing, considering it used to terrify me because it was so high.

Thanks to my friend who found it, we also went to an amazing ice cream place that had vegan options, and gluten free ice cream cones. That was a special treat.

Food wise:

Before on trips, I tried to be low -carb, but that is really hard, especially since I can't do wheat of dairy. It ended up with me being super hungry and then making bad choices. I tried to just loosen up and let myself enjoy the vacations. Since we had a house, we were able to buy stuff to fix for breakfast and lunch. We bought eggs, and fruits and veggies. On the days we went to Disneyland we made sandwiches for breakfast It was quick and easy, and filled me up for a while. Instead of worrying about not eating certain foods, I tried to just focus on listening to my body and stopping when I was full. Except New Year's Eve, when we had prime rib, and then I joyfully eat until I was stuffed. Being on vacation, you seem to always have times like that, where you overeat, and then times where you are super hungry. I tried to just go with it, and not over stress or make it perfect. I am realizing that I have a lot of good habits in place, and I like to eat healthy, and even though that doesn't always happen, it happens enough to keep my healthy. 

• Like 12

4 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Elastigirl- Pixie Ranger

This title especially grabbed my attention since when I saw it I was watching the new stream of Girls, Guts, Glory on Twitch.  One character is Lala Lemonboots, a pixie ranger.  Following along, of course.

• Like 2

woot woot for good habits in place and listening to your body, that is wonderful!

And a big yay for having fun on scary things and enjoying all the rides and holiday adventures :cheerful: 
Go have a blast in Puerto Rico!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm glad you had such a great vacation. Enjoy Puerto Rico and more sunshine.

Thanks

1 hour ago, Kestrel Grey said:

That sounds wonderful! Hold on to that lovely vacation-vibe and enjoy Puerto Rico.

It was, thanks

43 minutes ago, bker1370 said:

This title especially grabbed my attention since when I saw it I was watching the new stream of Girls, Guts, Glory on Twitch.  One character is Lala Lemonboots, a pixie ranger.  Following along, of course.

I had never heard of Girls ,Guts and Glory, so I had to look it up to see that it was some gals who stream their D and D games .Very fun. I love the name Lala Lemonboots.

33 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

woot woot for good habits in place and listening to your body, that is wonderful!

And a big yay for having fun on scary things and enjoying all the rides and holiday adventures :cheerful: 
Go have a blast in Puerto Rico!

Thanks. To me it seems easier to reach out of my comfort zone while on vacation. Hopefully I will get a chance to try some new things in Puerto Rico too

• Like 5

1 minute ago, Elastigirl said:

some gals who stream their D and D games .Very fun. I love the name Lala Lemonboots.

Actually one of two all-girl (or almost all girl) D&D streams I watch.  GGG streams 3-5:30 PST on Sundays.  The other one is Sirens of the Realms on Tuesdays at 7 pm PST.  Sirens is DMed by Satine Phoenix and Kelly, the DM for GGG, is one of the players.  For the first several seasons the premise was an all-girl, all-bard band trying to make a name for themselves.  However, this season one of their most popular male guests, Jason Charles Miller, has become a regular and is now sometimes referred to as the honorary Siren Brother (band name is the Siren Sisters).

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

To me it seems easier to reach out of my comfort zone while on vacation.

It is like that. New environment does make new behavior easier. I'm sure you will have more in Puerto Rico :) 

• Like 1

Well, good thing I like change (not):friendly_wink: Just got a call from Mr. Incredible and the Puerto Rico trip is off. I am of course disappointed. I had just let myself be excited about it. I knew at first it was iffy, but then it was scheduled and we thought it was a for sure thing. The thing that made it even more iffy, is that this is the last month that my husband is working at this job. February he starts a new job. Which is why when the trip got postponed,  it was a no-go for him. While disappointed, I'm also a bit relieved. My routine loving self was actually ready to get back to some normal routine after Christmas and vacation. And I'm super glad we went to the Rose Bowl. We debated it , especially since we had the Puerto Rico trip,  but  then we decided to go. And I had an amazing vacation in California, and got lots of sunshine, so that helps with my disappointment. And my husband has been really unhappy with his current job for a while, and he's excited about the new job and he gets a big raise, so all in all, my life is very good. 

I do sort of need to re-think my goals. Not planning for a trip this week. Maybe I'll spend some time planning 2019 goals

• Like 9

14 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

:loyal: here!

Waving hello

4 hours ago, annyshay said:

Sounds like you had an excellent and well deserved vacation!

Thanks it was a great vacation

3 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Your vacation sounds wonderful, the one you just had and the upcoming one.  Following in hopes of sunshine pictures.

It was. I still haven't figured out a good way to post pic's on here

1 hour ago, Rurik Harrgath said:

Elastigirl has arrived for the 2019 challenge.  All is well in the world.  B)

The party can now start:smile-new:

1 hour ago, lucky fire dragon said:

It is like that. New environment does make new behavior easier. I'm sure you will have more in Puerto Rico :) 

See my above post. Looks like I'm going to have to figure out how to have adventures and shinies while staying home

28 minutes ago, Starpuck said:

Following!

hey there

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Congrats to Mr. Incredible on the new job!

I will pass that on to him, thanks!

• Like 1

Well I woke up and was all energized with a list of things to do to get ready for trip #2. When I found out that I wasn't going, it sort of took the wind out of my sails. I was trying to sort through my disappointment. I wanted to let myself acknowledge that I was disappointed, while not wallowing in it and being thankful for all I have. In the morning I had written my big three things to accomplish which were, plan meals and defrost meat: laundry washed and folded: plan and buy needed stuff for trip at Amazon. Since I wasn't going the Amazon to do  wasn't needed. I decided to not add something else, which gave me a bit of extra time, so I had a more leisurely day which seemed a good fit for being disappointed and not having as much "I'm going on another vacation" energy.

Did my P-1 workout. Also did some work on the GMB mini program I am going to work on. I'm not sure that is my goal though anymore. I was doing it because I had time in Puerto Rico, now I don't have that extra time. I think I will try and see how it goes for time.

Other stuff on my California trip:

My husband bought matching Mr. Incredible and Mrs. Incredible pins, which is super fun

When my son was a teen, I was worried about his eating habits. He usually skipped breakfast. He would go for long periods of time without eating, and then eat a whole bunch. Now the in thing is intermittent fasting, and maybe that way of eating is even healthier. He still eats that way. he often skipped breakfast on our trip. I don't know if he's even heard that intermittent fasting is a thing , but what he's doing is working for him, so I no longer nag him about not eating breakfast.:friendly_wink:

• Like 7

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

When my son was a teen, I was worried about his eating habits. He usually skipped breakfast. He would go for long periods of time without eating, and then eat a whole bunch. Now the in thing is intermittent fasting, and maybe that way of eating is even healthier. He still eats that way. he often skipped breakfast on our trip. I don't know if he's even heard that intermittent fasting is a thing , but what he's doing is working for him, so I no longer nag him about not eating breakfast.:friendly_wink:

Sounds like a mark in favor of intuitive eating. :)

• Like 4

14 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Sounds like a mark in favor of intuitive eating. :)

My son does seem to have a good sense of that. 

11 minutes ago, NeverThatBored said:

I'm sorry the trip got cancelled! That's a bummer. 

Thanks, yeah, I was bummed. Hubby suggested we go see a movie this weekend which cheered me up. Obviously not as great as a trip to the Caribbean , but a movie is fun, and gives me something to look forward to.

• Like 3

19 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Well, good thing I like change (not):friendly_wink: Just got a call from Mr. Incredible and the Puerto Rico trip is off. I am of course disappointed. I had just let myself be excited about it. I knew at first it was iffy, but then it was scheduled and we thought it was a for sure thing. The thing that made it even more iffy, is that this is the last month that my husband is working at this job. February he starts a new job. Which is why when the trip got postponed,  it was a no-go for him. While disappointed, I'm also a bit relieved. My routine loving self was actually ready to get back to some normal routine after Christmas and vacation. And I'm super glad we went to the Rose Bowl. We debated it , especially since we had the Puerto Rico trip,  but  then we decided to go. And I had an amazing vacation in California, and got lots of sunshine, so that helps with my disappointment. And my husband has been really unhappy with his current job for a while, and he's excited about the new job and he gets a big raise, so all in all, my life is very good. 

I do sort of need to re-think my goals. Not planning for a trip this week. Maybe I'll spend some time planning 2019 goals

Congrats to Mr. I on the new job. Hope it works out and meets his expectations.

So all in all things have actually worked out well. You got the Rose Bowl/California holiday in, and can now settle back into a routine... He starts his new job in a couple weeks...

10 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Thanks, yeah, I was bummed. Hubby suggested we go see a movie this weekend which cheered me up. Obviously not as great as a trip to the Caribbean , but a movie is fun, and gives me something to look forward to.

:D That's something to look forward to.

• Like 2

Sorry about the cancelled trip but wow what a wonderful reason for it! Congrats to Mr on the new job and hopefully lots of fulfillment there :) 

Also kudos to you for taking it in such a good stride and appreciating all the good things.

Maybe you can make the home time extra nice, like with the movie for instance.