Elastigirl : Pixie Ranger

Elastigirl

I love me an Elastigirl challenge! Sorry to hear the Puerto Rico trip got cancelled, but it sounds like you had an amazing time in California. It sounds lovely!

“All You Have To Decide Is What To Do With The Time That Is Given To You.” - Gandalf

Current Challenge: A Bold New Year

Spoiler

Previous Challenges: 1|2|3|4|5|6|7|8|9|10|11|12|13 1415|16|17|18|19|20|21|22|23|24|25|26|2728 29|30

The Chronicles of Rhovaniel, Dúnedain Ranger: Vol I, Vol IIVol III, Interim| Vol IV|Vol V 

10 hours ago, Rhovaniel said:

I love me an Elastigirl challenge! Sorry to hear the Puerto Rico trip got cancelled, but it sounds like you had an amazing time in California. It sounds lovely!

Thanks! Califoria was amazing, and  I am very glad I got some sunshine time

9 hours ago, NightWatcher13 said:

Following, and have fun in Puerto Rico!

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Hey, glad to see you back. Sadly, the Puerto Rico trip has been cancelled

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

11 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Sorry about the cancelled trip but wow what a wonderful reason for it! Congrats to Mr on the new job and hopefully lots of fulfillment there :) 

Also kudos to you for taking it in such a good stride and appreciating all the good things.

Maybe you can make the home time extra nice, like with the movie for instance.

Much easier to take in stride when you just returned from an awesome trip.  We are doing game night with friends this weekend too,  and we haven't done that for a bit, so I am looking forward to it.  And, I am just enjoying the home routine, I am rather like a hobbit in that way. 

• Like 4

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On Tuesday, I said  I sort of felt like the wind was let out of my sails. Turns out part of the problem was I was coming down with a cold. Tuesday evening I started having a sore throat, Wednesday, I took an hour long nap, and just sort of laid around. I've been watching Tidying Up, the new show on Netflix with  Marie Kondo.  Today I felt better. More energy, but my throat is scratchy.

I did a workout. I'm on a new phase of Paralettes. This one you combine the moves   you've learned, which is fun. I also took down some Christmas decorations, and picked up our house a bit. Between Christmas and travelling, it was more cluttered than I like it. Though after watching Tidying Up, I can rest in the superior feeling of not being as cluttered as the people on the show:friendly_wink:

For ease, I just copied my log from GMB

I started Phase 3 today. Our printer had run out of ink, and so I didn’t print out the worksheets, but that’s ok, I think I will just count this as a prep week anyway. I woke up yesterday with a sore throat, so I did the creased mini program and nothing else. Today I felt better, but not quite up to speed, and since it was the first workout I tried to start slow.
I did 4 reps of each component

Component 1 dive bomber-plank- battle rams – little rough on the dive bomber- I think planks are solid

Component 2 little rough, just getting used to the movement

Component 3 _ struggled with the L-sit. I have a tendency in flows to rush through each thing, and so don’t start out with good form. Especially with the L-sit, before I go into the L-sit I need to make the time to set myself up in a good position

strength circuit, challenging, smooth

This didn’t take too long , and I had energy , so I did the mini program
2 sets of 10 leg swings
downward dog stretch
forward fold
bear 3 sets of 1 minutes with 45 seconds break in between
Then I did the cool down. I didn’t get that done as often as I’d like over the holidays, so I am now going to get back in that habit

I want to do some goal planning, but so far just haven't had the oomph. I did order a new Bullet Journal from Amazon though. It's an actual Bullet Journal. It has numbered pages, which I hope will help me be a bit more organized with it. And I bought some stencils and stickers. That will add a fun element. Kind of fits into  the idea I stole from @lucky fire dragon of just doing something  because you enjoy it. I mean the bullet journal is practical, but spending the time decorating is just for fun

• Like 10

Sounds like lots of good choices :) hope you have fun with the bullet journal.

L-sit is soooo hard!

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

6 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

Sounds like lots of good choices :) hope you have fun with the bullet journal.

L-sit is soooo hard!

I'm looking forward to playing with the journal.

I'm actually working on tuck sits, which IMO are still really hard

• Like 2

sharing that opinion ^_^

• Like 1

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

1 hour ago, NightWatcher13 said:

Aw, sorry the trip got cancelled emoji29.png
My BuJo keeps me pretty organized and I love it! I haven't gotten one of the actual ones with the pre-done numbers and dots though

Sent from my moto x4 using Tapatalk

Thanks. I sorta used one that was just a regular notebook. I can't say it really kept me organized, as I was too random about it. It was a fun place to keep my challenges though. I'm hoping the one with pre-doe numbers will help a bit with the organization

• Like 3

On 1/6/2019 at 6:30 PM, Elastigirl said:

Write a dream list of all the things I want to do this year (I did this last year, and found it a fun way to inspire me to try new things)

Love this! I want to do the same thing :). I can't wait to hear about your time spent in Puerto Rico, EG! I hear it's beautiful there.

Wolf

Wild Wolf

Class: Peerless Scarred/ Height: 6'2 / Weight: 188#

Instagram: @ryanwolfbell / Facebook: Ryan Wolf Bell / Bible App (YouVersion) Ryan Wolf Bell

Current Challenge: Intro to Wolflean

Spoiler

Last Challenge(s): 1/2/3/4/5/6/7/8/9/10/11/12/13/14/15/16

Epic Challenges: Welcome to the Fireteam & Wolfpool 

Gotham Project: 1

Know, O prince, that once the sun burns out and the earth's core becomes solid and cold, there will come a man to provide the endless energy needed to sustain life and for the planets to keep moving. He is the source of light and the warmth of hope back into the hearts of humanity...." - Dark_Raider

A wolf rises in my heart; against my darkness; against my demons; against my despair. I DECLARE WAR!

Romans 8:28 (CSB) We know that all things work together for the good of those who love God, who are called according to His purpose.

Sorry about the trip! Getting back into a normal routine is a silver lining I suppose :)

Hope you'll be completely better soon and get all your wind back!

So fun to hear many people have bullet journals. I'd love to see pictures if you feel comfortable sharing any!

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

On Tuesday, I said  I sort of felt like the wind was let out of my sails. Turns out part of the problem was I was coming down with a cold. Tuesday evening I started having a sore throat, Wednesday, I took an hour long nap, and just sort of laid around. I've been watching Tidying Up, the new show on Netflix with  Marie Kondo.  Today I felt better. More energy, but my throat is scratchy.

I did a workout. I'm on a new phase of Paralettes. This one you combine the moves   you've learned, which is fun. I also took down some Christmas decorations, and picked up our house a bit. Between Christmas and travelling, it was more cluttered than I like it. Though after watching Tidying Up, I can rest in the superior feeling of not being as cluttered as the people on the show:friendly_wink:

I've been watching that too! I keep wanting to go on cleaning sprees every time I watch an episode. :D 

• Like 2

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

2 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

I've been watching that too! I keep wanting to go on cleaning sprees every time I watch an episode. :D 

I reorganized the pantry after watching an episode. Now my spices and flours are arranged in neat little boxes... 

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

7 hours ago, Wolfpool said:

Love this! I want to do the same thing :). I can't wait to hear about your time spent in Puerto Rico, EG! I hear it's beautiful there.

Wolf

Thanks. Our Puerto Rico trip is not happening after all

5 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Sorry about the trip! Getting back into a normal routine is a silver lining I suppose :)

Hope you'll be completely better soon and get all your wind back!

So fun to hear many people have bullet journals. I'd love to see pictures if you feel comfortable sharing any!

I finally figured out how to post pictures here, so that should be happening. 

4 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

Too bad about the trip..  Can't wait to hear what fun goals you come up for the future!

Thanks

3 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

29 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

I reorganized the pantry after watching an episode. Now my spices and flours are arranged in neat little boxes... 

My workout clothes were all in a jumble in a bin I had. I never could find what I wanted and they were usually thrown on the floor. Now they look all pretty and folded. Also folded my underwear drawer. Next up : my socks drawer.

• Like 5

Woke up feeling miserable with a raw throat. Took a bath and went back to bed. Decided to make it a low key day. I did make some pork ribs for dinner (cooking now they smell so good) and figured out a website (tinypic) that I could use to post images . Watched more Marie Kondo, and got inspired to do a bit of organizing. I do love it when everything looks nice and tidy. Feeling better now, throat is scratchy, but not that raw feeling.

• Like 8

35 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I'm glad you're feeling better. How far did you get into the Kondo special? I promise the couples get progressively easier to watch.

I've just watched three shows. I watched the one where the family moved from the Midwest to L.A. I liked that family .At the beginning it seemed like mom was doing most of the cleaning, but by the end everyone was helping out. Like, I said on your thread the first couple had me worried. They said their relationship had improved, but I thought it went deeper than just needing to learn how to tidy.  But sometimes,  shows edit those things and put people in a worse light than they really are.   I love Marie though, she is so bubbly and fun and sweet. She and I could be good pixie friends. 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

But sometimes,  shows edit those things and put people in a worse light than they really are.  

My concern was more that the show worked to make it look like tidying the house made everything better.

• Like 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

38 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

My concern was more that the show worked to make it look like tidying the house made everything better.

Yes, especially the first show seemed like that. The show as a whole does seem to give off the vibe that once you tidy and organize, your life will be amazing. I think it helps, but I'm not convinced it's going to solve every problem you have:friendly_wink: