Jump to content

Elastigirl : Pixie Ranger


Elastigirl

Recommended Posts

Hi! I finally caught up with your challenge. I hope you're feeling better.

That is one of the reasons why I don't like those types of shows - it's not just the editing but also the emotional manipulation behind the scenes and just the general vibe of them turns me off.

"... However vast the darkness, we must supply our own light." -  Stanley Kubrick

"Difficult for myself? Agent... I was born difficult for myself." - Clint Barton

Challenges:  #1 #2 (mini) #3 (mini) #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10 #11 #12 #13 #14 #15 #16 #17 #18 #19 #20 #21

My Fitness Pal - inactive

Link to comment

I'm sorry that the Puerto Rico trip is a no-go.  Maybe you can start planning some sort of really awesome trip for the spring or summer, instead.  At least you had a great time in California!  I loved the Incredicoaster, too!  Did you try the Guardians of the Galaxy Ride?  That one is so much fun, as well!  

Level 30? who the hell knows anymore? Direwolf Assassin/Ranger - current challenge

 ACL rehab thread      2016 parkour

My tutorials:

handbalancing: crow, flying crow, side crow, crow->headstand->crow  Bo staff: strikes 1 2 3, spins 1 2

Link to comment
10 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Hope you feel all better soon! 

I kind of want to believe that tidying and organising would solve every problem I have :P

Yes it would be nice wouldn't ' it?:friendly_wink: I decided to buy her book, and looked at the intro online. After reading the into, I see some of her point. When people are grateful for what they have, when they can learn to manage their things, and when they actually stop and take the time to think about what brings joy to their lives, that attitude spills out on everything else.

4 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

Hi! I finally caught up with your challenge. I hope you're feeling better.

That is one of the reasons why I don't like those types of shows - it's not just the editing but also the emotional manipulation behind the scenes and just the general vibe of them turns me off.

Hi! I  still like the shows, I just take some of the drama with a grain of salt

1 hour ago, Nymeria said:

I'm sorry that the Puerto Rico trip is a no-go.  Maybe you can start planning some sort of really awesome trip for the spring or summer, instead.  At least you had a great time in California!  I loved the Incredicoaster, too!  Did you try the Guardians of the Galaxy Ride?  That one is so much fun, as well!  

Actually, we are going to Florida next December, and we are planning that. My son figured out that we could book some of the fancy Disney hotels from people who aren't using their time  share points, for about half the price of what it costs directly. 

We didn't go o Guardians of the Galaxy this time. We went when were in Disneyland in 2017. I loved the story, the ride just sort of made me nausea We couldn't get a  fastpass, and the wait time was like 80 minutes. My son and friends went on it, it broke down while they were in line, so they ended up being in line for almost 2 hours.

  • Like 7

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

late to the game but.... following!!

Daily Battle Log, Sweat like an Orc, Live like a Hobbit, and Look like an Elf

“As the Wheel of Time turns, places wear many names. Men wear many names, many faces. Different faces, but always the same man. Yet no one knows the Great Pattern the Wheel weaves, or even the Pattern of an Age. We can only watch, and study, and hope.”  Robert Jordan, The Eye of the World

Link to comment
22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Yes it would be nice wouldn't ' it?:friendly_wink: I decided to buy her book, and looked at the intro online. After reading the into, I see some of her point. When people are grateful for what they have, when they can learn to manage their things, and when they actually stop and take the time to think about what brings joy to their lives, that attitude spills out on everything else.

I loved her book. Started working of clothes and never got finished.  I need to go reread and start again.

  • Like 1

Level 36 Ranger Sorcerer 

 

Current challenge 

 

 

 

Link to comment
2 hours ago, T2sarahconnor said:

I loved her book. Started working of clothes and never got finished.  I need to go reread and start again.

The book Is back ordered, so I will have to wait. 

  • Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

Catching up after a bit!  So much going on lady!

 

Sorry about the trip canceled, but the trip you had looked amazing.  I loved seeing the pics!    The rollercoaster one is so excellent!   It's so great when you get a pic of the whole fam on a ride!

 

This dream list idea is great!  I need to find better ways to organize my BuJO.  The challenge page, and weekly pages I am sound on, but I don't branch out beyond that.  Hmm, must find new ways to do this.

 

 

  • Like 2

Level 83 ~*~ Ranger

Deviant Art Gallery   ||  YouTube Channel

Current Challenge

"It is difficult.  All things worth keeping are."  Thane Krios - Mass Effect 2

"Maybe it's not as simple as you imagined, Seeker."  Varric Tethras Dragon Age 2

"Staying within your limits is no fun, Ryder."  Vetra Nyx - ME: Andromeda

Spoiler

 

::PAST CHALLENGES::

1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 | 15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 20 | 21 | 22

23 | 24 | 25 | 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 | 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42

43 | 44 | NEIN | 45 | 46 | 47 | 48| 49 | 50 | 51 | 52 | 53 | 54 | 55 | 56 | 57 | 58 | 59 | 60 | 61

62 | 63 | 64 | 65 | 66 | 67 | 68 | 69 | 70 | 71 | 72 | 73 | 74 | 75 | 76 | 77 | 77.5 | 78 | 79 | 80 | 81

82 | 83 | 84 | 85 | 86 | 87 | 88 | 89 | 90 | 91 | 92 | 93 | 94 | 95 | 96 | 97 | 98 | 99 | 100

 

 

Link to comment
11 hours ago, Starpuck said:

Catching up after a bit!  So much going on lady!

 

Sorry about the trip canceled, but the trip you had looked amazing.  I loved seeing the pics!    The rollercoaster one is so excellent!   It's so great when you get a pic of the whole fam on a ride!

 

This dream list idea is great!  I need to find better ways to organize my BuJO.  The challenge page, and weekly pages I am sound on, but I don't branch out beyond that.  Hmm, must find new ways to do this.

 

 

Thanks. Yeah, I loved being able to do the ride pic's.

What do you do for your weekly pages for your BUJO? 

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

what fun pics, you look like having had a blast :)

 

and now you made me want to get that book :P all the shinies :D 

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

 

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

 

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Link to comment

 

I'm sorry to hear your trip got cancelled, but I'm glad it was for a good reason!  The pictures were also a lot of fun!

 

My wife and I are on the Marie Kondo bandwagon as well, but I got a Kindle copy of the book :)  It's interesting to see how my friends are completely of two worlds - some love it, and some hate it.

 

 

Rebooting Ranger and Legionary

"Only a Dead Legionary Gives Up" - Day of the Starwind

"It always seems bad at first, but then I find a way" - Samurai Jack

Link to comment
9 hours ago, lucky fire dragon said:

what fun pics, you look like having had a blast :)

 

and now you made me want to get that book :P all the shinies :D 

We did have fun. When I get the book, I'll let you know what I think

9 hours ago, Moros said:

 

I'm sorry to hear your trip got cancelled, but I'm glad it was for a good reason!  The pictures were also a lot of fun!

 

My wife and I are on the Marie Kondo bandwagon as well, but I got a Kindle copy of the book :)  It's interesting to see how my friends are completely of two worlds - some love it, and some hate it.

 

 

Thanks. I decided to get the actual book. I was hoping she had pictures of her folding style that I could reference, and my kindle doesn't show those very well. 

  • Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

Sort of on auto mode. I'm still fighting a cold. I have a cough and it's really annoying me. I did workout yesterday. I'm of the notion that as long as it doesn't make you feel worse, working out is alright. I didn't do it as intense obviously, but getting some movement in at least helps my mood.  Went on a short walk yesterday and today. Today I just did some stretching. Food, well a lot of stuff seems to make me cough, so it's been rather snacky type food. I've been trying to keep it pretty Paleo, to help my immune system. Tonight I made some amazing butternut squash soup in my Instapot. I put some oil in the pot on sauté, then added some onion, then a bit of curry powder, then some garlic, then I threw in 2 cups of homemade broth, 10 oz. of frozen butternut squash, and set the instapot to 15 minutes. After it was done cooking ,I added some coconut cream  , then whipped it all up with my immersion blender. And then remembered I'd never added salt, so I did that. I did paste the printout of my Bible reading plan in my BUJO. But other than that, I've just read and watched Netflix, and done a little laundry. Really want my energy back

  • Like 6

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

you're really active for someone down with a cold. But I can totally understand the notion of movement being helpful rather as long as you don't overdo it. Am sure it will lift soon soon. Usually by the time we are that fed up with it, the worst is over :)

Sending some healing vibes your way * * *

 

That soup sounds delicious, thanks for sharing! I didn't think of using frozen veggies, but of course in a soup that would work. I often delayed plans to wait until whatever frozen thing had defrosted first, and now I realize that's not even needed

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

 

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

 

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

Link to comment
5 minutes ago, lucky fire dragon said:

you're really active for someone down with a cold. But I can totally understand the notion of movement being helpful rather as long as you don't overdo it. Am sure it will lift soon soon. Usually by the time we are that fed up with it, the worst is over :)

Sending some healing vibes your way * * *

 

That soup sounds delicious, thanks for sharing! I didn't think of using frozen veggies, but of course in a soup that would work. I often delayed plans to wait until whatever frozen thing had defrosted first, and now I realize that's not even needed

I think the worst must be over, because I am fed up with it.:friendly_wink:

Frozen butternut squash made it super easy. I am going to try it with frozen carrots or cauliflower

  • Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment
3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Sort of on auto mode. I'm still fighting a cold. I have a cough and it's really annoying me. I did workout yesterday. I'm of the notion that as long as it doesn't make you feel worse, working out is alright. I didn't do it as intense obviously, but getting some movement in at least helps my mood.  Went on a short walk yesterday and today. Today I just did some stretching. Food, well a lot of stuff seems to make me cough, so it's been rather snacky type food. I've been trying to keep it pretty Paleo, to help my immune system. Tonight I made some amazing butternut squash soup in my Instapot. I put some oil in the pot on sauté, then added some onion, then a bit of curry powder, then some garlic, then I threw in 2 cups of homemade broth, 10 oz. of frozen butternut squash, and set the instapot to 15 minutes. After it was done cooking ,I added some coconut cream  , then whipped it all up with my immersion blender. And then remembered I'd never added salt, so I did that. I did paste the printout of my Bible reading plan in my BUJO. But other than that, I've just read and watched Netflix, and done a little laundry. Really want my energy back

That soup sounds delicious. I hope you start feeling better soon. I'm impressed that you still carry on with exercise, and agree that doing it at a bit lower level is for the best.

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

 

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Link to comment
8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

That soup sounds delicious. I hope you start feeling better soon. I'm impressed that you still carry on with exercise, and agree that doing it at a bit lower level is for the best.

Thanks. I don't know if you should be impressed or not. I'm always unsure of whether to work out or not when I have a cold. I sort of do it on how motivated I feel. But part of my motivation may have been that I had few workout over Christmas week, and none the week after, so I really hated to miss. Today I'm skipping the workout I'll do the stretches, but nothing else. I feel better today, but still have a cough. Since I'm still trying to get over the cough, I figure my immune system does not like what I've been doing, so I'll take it down a notch. I think I will go on a walk though

  • Like 4

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment
45 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Today I'm skipping the workout I'll do the stretches, but nothing else. I feel better today, but still have a cough. Since I'm still trying to get over the cough, I figure my immune system does not like what I've been doing, so I'll take it down a notch. I think I will go on a walk though

Brandt's been coughing and feeling pretty weak too. I think his problem might be the polluted air over the holiday season. The boys and I are so used to someone burning rubbish (garden and other) in the neighbourhood, and now some or other company across the hill started burning tires these last two weeks, which is illegal in a residential area. The boys and I have been building our immunity over Dec, when we reacted, but I had to get an antibiotic cough syrup for Brandt now. Anyway... I hope you start feeling better. Maybe the notch down in training is a good thing. Totally do what you feel able to, and give yourself some time.

  • Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

 

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

Link to comment
On 1/15/2019 at 10:21 PM, Elastigirl said:

I'm of the notion that as long as it doesn't make you feel worse, working out is alright. I didn't do it as intense obviously, but getting some movement in at least helps my mood.

IMO, this is a good notion. Plus, I totally agree with moving around helping one's mood. I workout for stress relief and mood improvement as much as I do it for physical health improvements.

 

Hoping those nasty little bugs leave your body as soon as possible!!!

  • Like 3

"You can't climb the ladder of success with your hands in your pockets." - Arnold Schwarzenegger

"The important thing is not to think much but to love much; and so do that which best stirs you to love." - St. Teresa of Avila

Current Challenge: Seeks Balance | Battle Log: Ye Olde Battle Logge | NF Character: Public Profile | Strava 

Link to comment
20 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Butternut squash is awesome and really good in soup. I hope you feel better soon.

I love butternut squash. I can't believe I've never made soup before. It was so easy. Thanks , feeling better today

1 hour ago, jstanlick said:

IMO, this is a good notion. Plus, I totally agree with moving around helping one's mood. I workout for stress relief and mood improvement as much as I do it for physical health improvements.

 

Hoping those nasty little bugs leave your body as soon as possible!!!

Yes, working out improves my mood and just helps set the routine for the day. Feeling better today

  • Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

Weighed myself today. I weigh the same as when I got back from vacation. Which is up a few pounds since before the holidays, but not bad. It's so hard to tell what you are eating like when you are sick. Sometimes I'm not hungry at all, then I get hungry , but I am not sure if I am hungry or bored. Add to that the fact that I'm way less active, and I am happy with the fact that I am maintaining my weight.

 

Yesterday I did some work in my BuJo. I added some goals for my 12 week goals. I had done this before,  and @Fonzico reminded me of it. There were some real good ideas behind it. The problem with setting one year goals, is that one year is so far away. 12 weeks seems much closer, you can plan for it better, and you have less of a tendency to procrastinate because it's only a little ways away. Last year I read the book, The 12 Week Year and implemented some of the ideas. My problem was that I jumped in too enthusiastically, planned too much, and then got discouraged. So, I sort of gave up the idea. But , it's just like these challenges. I like the idea of short challenges, it does motivate me. But I have sometimes planned too much for these challenges and given them up out of discouragement. Which doesn't mean the challenges are bad, just means I need to be more realistic in my goal setting. So, I set some three month goals, that I think are more realistic. And I am re-reading the book.Doing it for three months gives me some long range goal planning practice, 

  • Like 9

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Link to comment

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

New here? Please check out our Privacy Policy and Community Guidelines