Elastigirl : Pixie Ranger

Elastigirl

A good, tiring day. For starters, it snowed last night. I love snow. We only get it occasionally, and it's just a few inches, and most often disappears in a couple of days. So, I enjoy  how pretty the trees look, the brightness of the snow, and the kids playing. My husband worked from home (his work is good about that when it snows) 

I did Phase 4 of my workout. Which is the full flow combining all the movements I've been working on. Really hard to do it all together, but super fun. Then I went for a walk. I planed to wear my hiking shoes, but when I stepped outside , I saw the snow was deeper than I thought, so I grabbed my boots. They are a bit hard to walk too far in, but they keep my feet dry. It was so pretty. And not icy. Usually we have a coat of ice under our snow, and it's too icy too walk. But today it was just soft snow. Nice how snow changes up your walk. As I was walking, I remembered people may (snow depending) come to my house on Wednesday. Plus, we may just want to walk out our front door and not have to wear boots. So , I decided I'd better clear the step and sidewalk. I came home and swept the snow off the steps, and shoveled our pathway. I ran out of time and energy and didn't do the sidewalk. If it hasn't melted I'll have to do it tomorrow.

Then I KondoMari'd all my clothes! I took out ALL my clothes and laid them all over the bedroom. It was kind of overwhelming doing it that way. I thought I would never get through the pile. I spent about 3 hours, and got through most of it. I still need to do scarves/ purses/ winter stuff. But every thing else I have sorted through. I need to decided where some of it goes, as I put more stuff in drawers than hanging. I got rid of tons. It hasn't been that long since I've gone through it ( a year ish) but I had several clothes that I had kept because they were gifts, or I had bought them not too long ago. I thanked them for the good job they did, and for the kindness of the people who gave gifts and put them in the Goodwill pile. For various reasons, they just didn't work for me. And I had about 20 pairs of black hose, which I hardly wear (how did I get so many)  I am so happy with the results! My drawers looks so tidy. And in a way that I think I can keep up too. I love her way of folding. It really does save space. 

I accomplished a bunch today, and now I'm ready to stare at Netflix or read for a bit to relax

• Like 6

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

As I was walking, I remembered people may (snow depending) come to my house on Wednesday. Plus, we may just want to walk out our front door and not have to wear boots. So , I decided I'd better clear the step and sidewalk. I came home and swept the snow off the steps, and shoveled our pathway. I ran out of time and energy and didn't do the sidewalk. If it hasn't melted I'll have to do it tomorrow.

Walking in snow is a really good exercise. The couple times I drove the kids up to places close by to experience snow has taught me that. And all the shoveling on top of that gives a great all body workout. I'm always so impressed with you guys handling the snow.

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

3 hours for all your clothes is not bad at all! I think the enjoyment of looking at your closet that way will help keep it up :) 

Way to go! :)

• Like 1

KB Quest: becoming a decent kettlebell lifter and an excellent coach

2023 goals tracker; cycling: 1047,7/5000km & reading to my kids: 58/365 days (updated may 1st)

my instagram - my gym's instagram

21 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Walking in snow is a really good exercise. The couple times I drove the kids up to places close by to experience snow has taught me that. And all the shoveling on top of that gives a great all body workout. I'm always so impressed with you guys handling the snow.

This wasn't deep snow so it was a little more work than normal, but not much. The shoveling yesterday was fairly easy- the snow was super powdery. 

13 hours ago, KB Girl said:

3 hours for all your clothes is not bad at all! I think the enjoyment of looking at your closet that way will help keep it up :) 

Way to go! :)

Thanks. Yeah, when I saw the giant pile I thought this is going to take forever. I still need to rearrange some stuff and I asked my husband if he wanted me to fold his clothes and he said he would appreciate it

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Another busy day. Super cold here, it was 17 degrees  when I woke up (this is super rare for here) Gorgeous sunshine. Because I don't always think things through I did a small leg workout, and then remembered I needed to shovel the driveway. It was way harder than yesterday. Underneath the snow was a sheet of ice. I sort of shoveled it up but not much. And asked hubby to stop by on the way home and get melting sand stuff. He tried three stores and they were all sold out. He bought pickling salt, which seems a bit odd to me, but he wanted to try. 

I have been working on a program with GMB to improve the forward fold. Today I took a video assessment. Really not much better. Sigh. One of the trainers pointed out that sometimes you see improvements in other areas first. I have seem improvement in my flexibility with the inverted press and bear walk, so I suppose that is good.

Today I sorted scarves, gloves, purses and folded them. I am very happy with how everything is looking. My allergies are driving me nuts though. I guess I am stirring up a lot of dust.

I should wrap up this challenge Let's see 

successes: I'm starting to get my eating back on track after the holidays

I was sick and listened to my body and didn't work out

I was sick and didn't eat totally crappy like I wanted to

after I felt better I got back in the swing of it nutrition

I've managed to maintain my weight

Things I'm struggling with:

Wanting to eat more than MFP says, some of the time that may be hunger, but sometimes I just want that feeling of being super full. Not sure why that is- hoping as the days get longer that that will help 

• Like 3

37 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

He bought pickling salt, which seems a bit odd to me, but he wanted to try. 

Don't be surprised if someone tries to add your driveway to a sandwich. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

23 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

He bought pickling salt, which seems a bit odd to me, but he wanted to try. 

Last year when we ran out in a cold snap, I used our box of kosher salt, so I understand the attempt

23 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I have been working on a program with GMB to improve the forward fold. Today I took a video assessment. Really not much better. Sigh. One of the trainers pointed out that sometimes you see improvements in other areas first. I have seem improvement in my flexibility with the inverted press and bear walk, so I suppose that is good.

Which GMB program are you using for the forward fold? I've been looking at a few of theirs and kinda want to try elements, but I haven't pulled the trigger.

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

10 minutes ago, Suzaqu said:

Last year when we ran out in a cold snap, I used our box of kosher salt, so I understand the attempt

Which GMB program are you using for the forward fold? I've been looking at a few of theirs and kinda want to try elements, but I haven't pulled the trigger.

I think it worked about as well as the snow melt stuff actually.  The program I'm using is from their Alpha Posse program (paid subscription where you get feedback from trainers and some extra mini programs)

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Don't be surprised if someone tries to add your driveway to a sandwich. 

:smile-new: For some reason after shoveling it this morning I wanted a pickle:friendly_wink:

• Haha 3

I think salt lowers the freezing point of water, so if my head works that out right, the ice should then melt or at least get softer? No matter what kind of salt it is?

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

:smile-new: For some reason after shoveling it this morning I wanted a pickle:friendly_wink:

Must have smelled good :D

• Like 1

Mrs. Van's Latest Challenge

Zechariah 4:6

"Not by might, nor by power, but by My spirit, saith the Lord."

It wasn’t that long ago that they used plain old rock salt on roads. The other chemicals lower the freezing temps even more, but wouldn’t be necessary for Seattle. Some Wisconsin towns use waste cheese brine to save money.

I’ll tell you what, nothing works at -20F except a good dose of spring.

• Like 4

“We might as well start where we are, use what we have and do what we can." – Caitlin Rivers

Sloth: The Man with the Hammer battle log

14 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

It wasn’t that long ago that they used plain old rock salt on roads. The other chemicals lower the freezing temps even more, but wouldn’t be necessary for Seattle. Some Wisconsin towns use waste cheese brine to save money.

I’ll tell you what, nothing works at -20F except a good dose of spring.

We have now upgraded to Kosher Salt I think Pickling salt is slighter bigger than regular salt, than Kosher and Rock salt is even bigger. But I could just be making that up, I'm not sure,:smile-new:

21 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

I think salt lowers the freezing point of water, so if my head works that out right, the ice should then melt or at least get softer? No matter what kind of salt it is?

Must have smelled good :D

Yes it does. I was thinking pickling salt was too fine too have much effect, but it seemed to help. I think maybe the bigger salt is supposed to work better? Not really sure. It snows so little here, I really don't know. Most people don't shovel, but then it just turns to ice. And we are supposed to get more snow. So the unshoveled snow, now ice, is going to have another layer of ice on it, and be super slick

• Like 1