NeverThatBored???

Woot for calling your mom!  Never heard of yam leaves. Where did you buy them and the pork belly? I've only eaten pork belly twice. The first time I didn't like it, but I had it at Disneyland and really liked it.  I've never made it  before though. Good for you for adventurous cooking

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

Woot for calling your mom!  Never heard of yam leaves. Where did you buy them and the pork belly? I've only eaten pork belly twice. The first time I didn't like it, but I had it at Disneyland and really liked it.  I've never made it  before though. Good for you for adventurous cooking

I went to an asian supermarket! They had all kinds of cool freggies. It's a fun thing to do if you have one near you!

I really like the recipe blog woks of life for Chinese recipes. :)

• Like 1

Gargoyle Ranger | Level 49

2022 challenges:  49 (current)

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

My epic quest | MEATBALL WARS

You don't get better at anything unless you start doing it.

Being alive is heckn swell. 

You are doing life well by the sounds of it.

Good luck with the interview. Great work on learning Japanese.

Sent from my CPH1725 using Tapatalk

Where to find me: Current Challenge : Battle Log Facebook : Instagram :

"Each day, just focus on getting 1% better in whatever it is you're trying to improve. That's it. Just 1%." ArtofManliness Article.

"That which is wise and holy helps the health and wholeness of the chain of generations." D. R. Miller. 

"We do not rise to our expectations. We fall to our level of training." Archilochus

Made it to Crossfit! I've been having some issues with vertigo lately that really slowed me down during the workout, which is really frustrating. I normally get it during burpees and wall balls, but it's been happening more during other stuff too. My coach suggested going to a doctor, which is something I avoid because it rarely helps, but I'm considering it since it HAS gotten worse lately.

The interview today went well! It was more like a friendly conversation and I didn't have to answer any annoying behavioral interviewing questions. They're even considering making it a remote position, since I'm hesitant about relocation. AND now I have an unrelated interview with a different company from this recruiter I've worked with before. Yikes! I guess people wanting to employ me is a good problem to have, but it's sure forcing me to do a lot of tough soul searching. 

• Like 4

2015-2021 challenges: 1 | 2 | 3 | 4 | 5 | 6 | 7 | 8 | 9 | 10 | 11 | 12 | 13 | 14 |15 | 16 | 17 | 18 | 19 | 20 | 21 | 22 | 23 | 24 | 25 || 26 | 27 | 28 | 29 | 30 | 31 | 32 | 33 || 34 | 35 | 36 | 37 | 38 | 39 | 40 | 41 | 42 || 43 | 44 | 45 | | 46 | 4748 ||

On 1/21/2019 at 10:27 PM, NeverThatBored said:

So my big 3 tasks for this week:

• Make dentist appointment
  • Go to Crossfit at least 2x, ideally 3x
  • Call home and chat with my mother! 

Bonus things I'd LIKE to do:

• Start doing pullup (maybe also pushup/dip) work around Crossfit
  • Ask Crossfit coach for suggestions around swim lessons, look up swim lesson options depending what she says
  • Meal prep a few basics that I'll actually eat

I did not make that dentist appointment. >.< I made it to Crossfit twice, which I guess was my stated goal. My REAL goal was to go 3x so I'm annoyed that I didn't make it that third time. But, third week back's the charm, I guess. At least I called my mom.

On Friday, I did some extra pullup/pushup work after Crossfit! So that's good. I haven't really meal prepped yet. The main issue is protein. I have rice and easy-to-steam veggies around, but I can't make them a full meal without the protein. I ate out WAY too much this week and my weight is reflecting that. I really really really don't want to lose the weight progress I made in CA, so I have to find some time to meal prep basics this week even if I don't wanna.

I haven't asked about swim lessons yet, so that'll move to next week's list. I AM about 14 hours into Kingdom Hearts 3D now though. #priorities 

This weekend, my big 3 tasks are:

1. Do 2 yoga videos from the 30 day challenge
  2. Take some time to study Japanese 
  3. End the weekend with some meals prepped. If nothing else, with proteins prepped.
  • Like 2

Ok, so I didn't do ANY yoga and I only studied Japanese a little bit, BUT I finished Dream Drop Distance so at least that counts for something, right? :P I think my boyfriend might dump me because he's tired of hearing Sora talk about hearts. 

I DID do a little bit of meal prep. I made some broccoli cheesy rice - sautéed cubed chicken breast, green onions, steamed broccoli, leftover rice, and some cheese cubes melted into the whole thing. It's so simple and it's basically a rice bowl, but somehow it's also a brilliant and delicious meal prep idea I'd never thought of before?? Putting all of these ingredients together in a pan makes them WAY better than if i'd just thrown them all into a bowl, somehow. Cheese always helps too, even if it's just a little bit. 

I also roasted some crinkle-cut sweet potatoes but they were weird and sticky even before I roasted them, and gross when I tasted one. This reminds me why I don't usually trust pre-cut vegetables. So that was less successful. >.< 

Monday Update

I made it to Crossfit, even though I had to go an hour later than usual because work was busy. Even my coach was like "I don't think you've EVER come to a 5:30 class before!" The workout was good, and I did some extra pushup work afterwards, which felt extra good!

They had samples today from a meal prep company called Kettlebell Kitchen, which actually weren't half bad.

I had that job interview, which went pretty well. I'm not very polished at summoning up examples from thin air, but I got by ok. But I found out the job was only for a 3-4 month contract, so I was all SEE YA LATER and at least I don't have to worry about that anymore.

My big 3 for the week:

1. Call the damn dentist!

2. Figure out where my new credit card is (the old one expired)

3. Find time around playing Kingdom Hearts 3 to study Japanese 

(But really, call the damn dentist!)

• Like 3

I'm still alive! Although I've got a mean cough and very low energy. 

I finally called the dentist on Monday, and I'm going in tomorrow! I was hoping my cough would be gone by then because coughs and dentists seem incompatible, but I guess I'll have to take some cough medicine and hope for the best. Honestly, just doing this one thing makes me feel like I won this challenge. :P 

I asked them to reissue that card since I couldn't find it anywhere, and I've already received it in the mail. 

I've played about 20 hours of Kingdom Hearts. :)

Japanese was cancelled last Tuesday because of some weather (New Yorkers would've been laughing that this weather meant anything was cancelled), so I then TOTALLY forgot that we had an extra class scheduled that week for Thursday, and I missed it!! I was so mad when I realized later in the week. This Tuesday's class was still ok though, so I didn't feel too behind. After class yesterday, some people were inviting everyone out for drinks and even though I was sick I just said yes anyway?? (Who am I??) So we hung at a bar next to the class building for an hour. I don't do bars normally so I was kind of worried and self-conscious the whole time. Then I was mad at myself for being like that instead of just having a nice time. BUT it was worth it anyway because one of the classmates at the bar lives like around the corner from me and asked if I wanted to get together to practice together sometimes! So that's really cool.

I've also come to realize that I have NO tolerance for when plans change, even if they're not real plans. Like, I usually come back from class, either get dinner with the BF or heat up leftovers, and in this case would have played some Kingdom Hearts. These are hardly real plans! But part of my discomfort the whole time I was there was that I felt like I should be somewhere else doing something else...like "I should be having dinner with the bf" even though he didn't mind and we didn't actually have any plans to do so, or "I should be playing Kingdom Hearts!" even though it's just a (great) video game and isn't going anywhere. I make up plans or rules about the way things SHOULD go in my head, and if things don't stick to those rules it makes me SUPER UNCOMFORTABLE. Even when there's absolutely no reason it should. Honestly, I'm afraid it keeps me from really enjoying my life sometimes and I don't really know what to do about it or how to stop doing it. 

ANYWHO - apparently this challenge is over already! I got to Crossfit 3x last week, but now I'm sick so I haven't been up for my usual Monday or Wednesday classes. I'm really hoping I don't miss this whole week! I'm actually dying to work out but way too fatigued to realistically do it. 

I'm still not feeling super challengey, but I think I'm going to challenge that (teehee) and do it anyway, and see where that takes me. More to come! 

• Like 3

New challenge!