• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

thist514

Back To Basics

I thought I posted this already..... but apparently not!  So here we go!

In the last few years I have accomplished a lot of life goals, but sort of let myself get overwhelmed.  In that overwhelm I let a lot of habbits that make me happy fall by the wayside.  So I'm starting back at the begining, with the community that helped me turn my life around, and the habbits that made me feel amazing.  I am going to do an exercise, diet, sleep and life goal for this challenge.

Exercise: Go to the gym and move 3x per week.

Diet: Drink 100 oz  50 oz of water daily, tracking using plant nanny because it's adorable! I will allow myself 2 "hall passes" for this challenge.

Sleep: Be in bed with the lights off and my phone put away by midnight every night.  I will allow myself 2 "hall passes" for this challenge.

Life: Have a date once per week with my husband.  For the sake of this challenge a date will be defined as at least 2 hours, just us, little phone interuption, no errands or chores and at least some level of intamcy. 

If I successfully complete all of these goals I will by myself a yoga package for the month of February.  If I successfully complete at least 2 of these goals I will buy myself a yoga class in February. 

• Like 1

Day 1 was interesting....

I went to the gym on Saturday and REALLY kicked my butt.  So when I went to the gym yesterday I literally just walked on a treadmill for 20 minutes because that is all my legs would let me do :glee:.  But it counts!  And I have a gym date with a friend for tomorrow.

I realized that I am REALLY far away from 100 oz of water per day so I dropped it to 50.  That is still a concious effort, but an attainable one. 

I passed out around 8:30 PM which is a huge check in the sleep category. 

I do not have a date night on the books for this week, which is my current homework!. 

• Like 1

Week 1 Recap:  This week was rough, emotionally more than anything.  It is reminding me that I need to focus on me, because if I don't I will actually murder people.

Exercise: I infact was at the gym 3 times and moved.  I'm not the happiest with the content of my workout, but I'm having fun and getting back into the habbit.

Water: I have officially used both hall passes :-/

Sleep: I have officially used both hall passes and then some.  I am going to continue this habbit though!

Life: Chase and I cut out a few hours on Friday after work and had a date.  It wasn't perfect, but it was us and great! 

I LOVE the "hall passes" idea...

I think its very good, to ensure that if you fall short one day you work that much harder to NOT fall short another.

instead, the tendency is to give up.

so Keep AT it!  and I will be sure to read how this is going...

1 hour ago, TGP said:

I LOVE the "hall passes" idea...

I think its very good, to ensure that if you fall short one day you work that much harder to NOT fall short another.

instead, the tendency is to give up.

so Keep AT it!  and I will be sure to read how this is going...

Thanks!  That is definately one of the NF core fundamentals that stuck with me in my journeys.  Never twice in a row.  This I fell short of that, but I am definately motivated to keep at it!

• Like 1

Welp!  This whole thing ended up being a bust.  The only thing that has been consistent is me doing my best with water (not always 50 oz) and the dates with my husband. 

At this point I am trying to move my body every day.  Push ups throughout the day, walking, stuff like that. 

I'll solidify more in the next challenge

Congrats on  upping the water intake, dates with your husband, ad moving. I 'd say those are pretty good level ups. Don't worry about not making all your goals, you are doing a great job and seeing progress in some solid habits

• Like 1