Maigs Gives Up

Maigs

8 hours ago, Maigs said:

Me today... feeling frustrated

ebaaa400ef6b83f2fba3176e46540817.jpg

For me the answer is simple.  Girl scout Cookies...lol

But seriously.  I feel this.  I need to be better.

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

5 hours ago, Stribs said:

For me the answer is simple.  Girl scout Cookies...lol

But seriously.  I feel this.  I need to be better.

I think my problem this last week is just a lack of planning (see anxiety about meal planning above...). Something I can and need to improve. I have a plan for today and I'm going to try and get the rest of the week figured out over lunch so I can do grocery shopping after work (well after kickboxing after work)

Edit: But Girl Scout cookies!! I haven't gotten any yet but I won't be able to resist the temptation when Boss brings them in from her daughter's troop

Current Challenge:  Maigs Starts Over

Sunday

Exercise - I went to the gym for lifting in the morning. I recorded some of my lifts to check my form. Apparently when I reset after each deadlift it manifest as a butt wiggle not unlike a playful kitten :) I also let my shoulders slump at the top of the lift which is probably no bueno. It was a good session and I ended up with the place to myself the entire time

Food- I started out really good. Had my normal breakfast and a reasonable amount of lasagna for lunch, skipping the bread sticks. We had a couple of people over for a game night and I decided to make a quick run to the store for snacks for them and more salad for me. Well....then I ended up eating a ton of chips with bean dip, lemon Oreos, and Pringles and no salad. Not how that should have gone at all. Meal planning needs to happen so I quit eating like this

2f735598117d1664d2a817b96dae8700.jpg

Week 3 Wrapup

Exercise - I'm not gonna call it 100% I went kickboxing 3 times and lifted once. I did 1 round out of three planned of a core workout and decided to give up on that part of my goal. 

Food - I did great 3 days, okay 1 day and crappy 3 days. I blame 75% of it on not planning. This week will be better

b5aba8013248222eb6e574649c6080f8.jpg

18 hours ago, Maigs said:

This week will be better

You and me both.  Food is my current nemesis!!

• Like 1

“And now that you don’t have to be perfect, you can be good.” John Steinbeck

“Do I dare disturb the universe?” – T.S. Eliot

“You wanna fly, you got to give up the shit that weighs you down.” – Toni Morrison

"All we have to do is decide what to do with the time given to us" JRR Tolkien

Monday

Exercise - Kickboxing right after work. Nuff said

Food - Back on track and meal planning mostly done. Normal breakfast, leftovers for lunch and pasta and salad for dinner. Was right at my increased calorie goal. I planned food for Wednesday-Friday and bought groceries for it. I still need to figure out what we're doing before the movie tonight. It's probably either HuHot or Olive Garden but I'm honestly not super excited about either. I'd almost rather get Chipotle... 

70dbbcd360d2767035f72e1a92940997.jpg

• Like 1

Holy shit you guys....Kevin quit! Mr Incompetent, who is part of the reason I left my last job that I figured would never leave of his own free will since no one would pay him what he's making there. His last day is this week. That makes life harder for Boss Lady who is the primary reason I left, but unfortunately makes things much harder for Trevor who is the only person I felt bad for leaving. Hopefully this doesn't guilt him into staying.... I need to have dinner with him some time....

5 minutes ago, Maigs said:

Holy shit you guys....Kevin quit! Mr Incompetent, who is part of the reason I left my last job that I figured would never leave of his own free will since no one would pay him what he's making there. His last day is this week. That makes life harder for Boss Lady who is the primary reason I left, but unfortunately makes things much harder for Trevor who is the only person I felt bad for leaving. Hopefully this doesn't guilt him into staying.... I need to have dinner with him some time....

The incompetent rarely know they are incompetent.  He may think he is worth more. :D  Hopefully if Trevor does stay, this makes his life easier in the long run because they will have to hire someone new who is bound to be better at the job.

Wait... this means Kevin is loose on the world? He can show up anywhere at any time? Dear lord...

• Haha 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

28 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

The incompetent rarely know they are incompetent.  He may think he is worth more. :D  Hopefully if Trevor does stay, this makes his life easier in the long run because they will have to hire someone new who is bound to be better at the job.

Near the end he seemed to start grasping the fact that he's incompetent, though not the extent of it. I just meant that old job pays very well and even if he were competent he would be hard pressed to find something that paid more. I took a paycut when I left which I could afford but he's dug himself in such a deep financial hole he can't afford to make less.

Considering they still haven't replaced me (put in my notice early August, last day was end of September) I wouldn't put any faith in things getting easier for Trevor. Especially since Boss Lady would be picking the replacements and I have lost all respect for her judgement.

35 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Wait... this means Kevin is loose on the world? He can show up anywhere at any time? Dear lord...

I almost laughed out loud at my desk. Luckily for me, even though I live in a small city I rarely run intowork people outside of work. And I'm guessing he's staying here so little chance of you running into his incompetence :D

51 minutes ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Yep. This definitely made me smile. Hehe!

• Like 1

Current challenge:This is not how daemoncorax used to wake up

Previous challenges: DaemonCorax doesn't go on vacation

(STR 21; DEX 3; STA 10.5; CON 8.3; WIS 15; CHA 2 - but these are SUPER out of date.)

While we have to stay away from the desert, we can always ride our bikes.

Well, I kinda fell off for a bit there. I stuck with my exercise goal, and food hasn't been what I want but it hasn't been a total train wreck either. I have some plans for going forward but they may have to be adapted as tax season is about to kick in full swing. New challenge may go up over lunch