• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

GodzillaKong

Assault on 99 - part 1

54 minutes ago, Grumble said:

I'll point and hope they get I'm asking how many sets until the rack is free.

This is the established form of communication at my gym.

Last week, a guy I've seen there for months, walked into my line of sight while I was resting between sets, pointed to the rack and made the universal questioning eyebrow gesture. I held up my index finger and mouthed "one more" as clearly as I could without being rude. He nodded and went off to somewhere. After I was done I re-racked my plates and wiped the bar, and noticed the same guy hovering nearby at a respectful distance. So I waved, so he'd notice me, and pointed to the rack walked away from it.

This filled my "have conversations with strangers" quote for the entire week. :D

• Like 2

9 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Last week, a guy I've seen there for months, walked into my line of sight while I was resting between sets, pointed to the rack and made the universal questioning eyebrow gesture. I held up my index finger and mouthed "one more" as clearly as I could without being rude. He nodded and went off to somewhere. After I was done I re-racked my plates and wiped the bar, and noticed the same guy hovering nearby at a respectful distance. So I waved, so he'd notice me, and pointed to the rack walked away from it.

IMO, this is how life should work...

• Like 1

Following our annual Christmas-ish game of American football yesterday my legs no longer hurt; rather my entire body does :lol: a rest day today then back in tomorrow. 

The game was a good one and useful as well. It was nice to see some real world benefits from the last few months or so. I felt stronger and played quicker than i have for a long long time, even with my lingering foot injury. Got a sack and pancaked a couple of opposing linemen which felt goooooooood

• Like 4

Today i am mostly angry and frustrated (warning : tenuous GIFS are tenuous) 

tumblr_ncspwyJCGg1sj484uo4_250.gif

This morning I was fine. Looking forward to going to the gym, made it into work without any issues. And then, halfway through the morning and out of nowhere my little toes starts hurting.

m2kFTo9.gif?noredirect

And it gets worse and worse. I don't know if i stubbed it (though I'm sure I'd have noticed) or i picked up an infection, but right now it hurts just to wear shoes and its near agony to out any weight on it properly. Going home instead and going to gice it some TLC. Hopefully it'll improve and a visit to the doctor won't be needed. But gym will have to wait for a few days either way. So frustrating. It feels like 2 steps forward and 1 step back all the time. Going to keep my head up but damn this is annoying. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

This morning I was fine. Looking forward to going to the gym, made it into work without any issues. And then, halfway through the morning and out of nowhere my little toes starts hurting.

Huh. I guess you could have banged it without noticing. If that's the case it should feel better quickly. An infection would take longer to get better, I guess, and might deserve medical attention. Fingers crossed it gets better rapidly. 

Meanwhile, I only went and dropped a glass-screened iPad vertically, edge-first from a decent height, onto my foot a couple of days ago. When I took my sock off there was blood. It has a bevelled edge but it's also heavy, so it provides the perfect mix of crushing and slashing damage. Like an axe. Must remember this in case of sudden outbreak of battle in the streets. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

Huh. I guess you could have banged it without noticing. If that's the case it should feel better quickly. An infection would take longer to get better, I guess, and might deserve medical attention. Fingers crossed it gets better rapidly. 

I took a better look at it once i got home. Sadly, it looks like an infection. I've cleaned it and applied antiseptic cream. I've had infections on my fingers once or twice and thats done the trick. Hopefully this will be the same. If its not got better by Monday I'll see if i can get a doctors appointment. The good news is, it is a lot less painful once I've taken my shoes off. The bad news is, have to wear shoes to work. 

4 hours ago, Harriet said:

Meanwhile, I only went and dropped a glass-screened iPad vertically, edge-first from a decent height, onto my foot a couple of days ago. When I took my sock off there was blood. It has a bevelled edge but it's also heavy, so it provides the perfect mix of crushing and slashing damage. Like an axe. Must remember this in case of sudden outbreak of battle in the streets. 

Ouch :o i hope you recover from that soon enough. And that I'm on your side in any street battle scenarios. 

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Harriet said:

11 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

I'm on your side in any street battle scenarios. 

I'm in. I own katanas, and we all know they were designed for self-defense during the Zombie Apocalypse.

Also, I recommend you weaponize the iPad first, for maximum damage potential. (Link to YouTube video with some NSFW dialogue.)

• Like 1

So good news; a weekend of RnR has done my toe the world of good. Looks much better and doesn't hurt. I am going to give it till tuesday before heading back into the gym. 

• Like 2

On 2/1/2019 at 10:40 AM, scalyfreak said:

Also, I recommend you weaponize the iPad first, for maximum damage potential. (Link to YouTube video with some NSFW dialogue.)

An axe is what I had in mind! Crushing AND slashing! Great minds! I also like how they constructed a zombie head complete with fake (?) blood to test their weapon on, and then did a proper damage analysis. They seem really serious about weapons. Can I get a job like that please? 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, GodzillaKong said:

So good news; a weekend of RnR has done my toe the world of good. Looks much better and doesn't hurt. I am going to give it till tuesday before heading back into the gym. 

That is very god news! And extra points to you for resting, no matter how difficult that can be at times.