• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

GodzillaKong

Assault on 99 - part 1

Recommended Posts

All of this year's challenges lead to the number 99. The overall goal is simple; to get down to a bodyweight of 99kg or below by the end of the year and stay there.

 

tumblr_o65mh0PuQT1s3dykto7_250.gif

 

I've also set myself a target of signing up for and completing a Wolf Run by the end of the year. Thats right folks, i will be running. Regularly and eventually officially. I'll still be lifting, but running will become an important part of my fitness regime now. 

 

tenor.gif

 

Goals for this challenge:

 

Get back in the gym

Christmas. Ah Christmas. It was only supposed to be be a few days of relaxation and overeating. And honestly I did ok. And then, on boxing day, came the cough. Nothing too serious to begin with but by the new year it was a constant irritation leading to sleepless nights and much sadness. Honestly I've felt very very horrible every day this year. Its much better now, but still around. I'm hoping it'll clear up by the weekend and on monday I'll be able to head back into the gym. 

 

Good eating habits

Goodbye mince pies and brandy cream. Its time to get back into the good habits of last year. Measuring food. Not snacking on chocolate and cola. Cut out alcohol on non special occasions. 

 

Early to bed

To be in bed with all devices off by 11pm. It makes such a difference and i can feel the effects of not doing it. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

Thats right folks, i will be running.

 

I fear this may be turning into an epidemic. You're the fourth or fifth running warrior now, I think?

 

Following! I'm also trying to get back into the gym, and following someone else doing the same thing will really help.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

I fear this may be turning into an epidemic. You're the fourth or fifth running warrior now, I think?

 

Yeah! I seem to recall you saying you were going to try it ONCE out of respect for Grumble. It must be addictive or something. Do you just run on the streets around your home, or? 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

pitch-perfect.gif

 

Running is bleh to me...I do it for the cardio fitness score on fitbit...want it back in the 50s...which means...running

 

Following for inspiration!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Harriet said:

 

Yeah! I seem to recall you saying you were going to try it ONCE out of respect for Grumble. It must be addictive or something. Do you just run on the streets around your home, or? 

 

Running is still the devil. I still absolutely despise it. I'm only doing it because i need to lose weight and I'm sick and tired of being out of breath after the slightest bit of cardio: playing sports of any sort is no fun at all when you're the least fit by quite some distance. 

 

For the foreseeable future it'll just be on the treadmill, moving to outdoors running in a couple of months, once ita not so horrible outside. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Harriet said:

 

Yeah! I seem to recall you saying you were going to try it ONCE out of respect for Grumble.

 

ME?!? Where did you hear this vicious slander?!

 

I swim or dance for cardio. Or swing a sword. :)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scalyfreak said:

 

ME?!? Where did you hear this vicious slander?!

 

I swim or dance for cardio. Or swing a sword. :)


No, no, I meant GK! Sword sounds proper awesome. What kind?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

 

 I'm sick and tired of being out of breath after the slightest bit of cardio

 

Yers. I understand this. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Harriet said:


No, no, I meant GK! Sword sounds proper awesome. What kind?

 

Bokken. Because doing cardio by swinging an actual katana is unsafe and irresponsible. I've been told.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

 

Bokken. Because doing cardio by swinging an actual katana is unsafe and irresponsible. I've been told.


Sweet! Wiki says it can still cause "compound fractures, ruptured organs, and other such blunt force injuries" though, so I guess you're levelling up your sword and blunt weapon skills simultaneously. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

 

Bokken. Because doing cardio by swinging an actual katana is unsafe and irresponsible. I've been told.

 

I'm stumped as to why that's a bad idea.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Harriet said:


Sweet! Wiki says it can still cause "compound fractures, ruptured organs, and other such blunt force injuries" though, so I guess you're levelling up your sword and blunt weapon skills simultaneously. 

 

Well, yeah. It's compact and packs quite the punch. It's definitely worthy weapon in its own right. 

 

2 hours ago, Grumble said:

 

I'm stumped as to why that's a bad idea.

 

Technically only if it's sharp, but mine is, so I restrain myself. :D 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Got myself into the gym yesterday. Didn't do much at all (3 x 10 for squats, OHP and curls @ 40,20,20), just enough to get me moving. Stretched down. Still absolutely aching. Its been too long. 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

That's a lot more than you would have done if you had stayed home.

 

I find it helps me to focus on the good things that will happen after the workout. I have set thing up so I get a yummy protein shake and  shower pampering if I go into the gym and work out in the evening. I look forward to both rewards, and that makes it easier to get going.

 

Admittedly, the recent lack of rude women asking me about my non-existent pregnancy is a big factor too. That did put me off going to the gym for a while. :P

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 10:41 AM, scalyfreak said:

Admittedly, the recent lack of rude women asking me about my non-existent pregnancy is a big factor too. That did put me off going to the gym for a while. :P

Why are people the worst?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 10:41 AM, scalyfreak said:

Admittedly, the recent lack of rude women asking me about my non-existent pregnancy is a big factor too. That did put me off going to the gym for a while. :P


Seriously? Who does that... I can't imagine striking up a conversation with someone at the gym just to comment on their body. 

 

On 1/15/2019 at 10:09 AM, GodzillaKong said:

Got myself into the gym yesterday. Didn't do much at all (3 x 10 for squats, OHP and curls @ 40,20,20), just enough to get me moving. Stretched down. Still absolutely aching. Its been too long. 


Getting moving after a break is hard. You did good. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, Grumble said:

Why are people the worst?

 

8 minutes ago, Harriet said:


Seriously? Who does that... I can't imagine striking up a conversation with someone at the gym just to comment on their body. 

 

 

Someone who is so very excited for someone else that they just can't help themselves, apparently. :rolleyes: (I posted about the event in Overheard In The Gym, if you're curious.)

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

Someone who is so very excited for someone else that they just can't help themselves, apparently. :rolleyes: (I posted about the event in Overheard In The Gym, if you're curious.)


That thread is (mostly) hilarious. But your point about eating disorders is serious--I mean, it's hard enough to find equanimity in a sea of insecurity-fuelling ads, films and media without having to fight off the words of strangers. So careless and inappropriate. Luckily my gym is great and I haven't had any hilariously bad experiences. The university kids are super sweet and polite. Including a lovely young woman who gave me a spot on a super heavy bench yesterday and made me giggle by saying "It's all you, girl" as I completely failed the third rep and had to be rescued. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, scalyfreak said:

 

 

Someone who is so very excited for someone else that they just can't help themselves, apparently. :rolleyes: (I posted about the event in Overheard In The Gym, if you're curious.)

 

How did I not know this thread exists. I'm furious.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Harriet said:


Seriously? Who does that... I can't imagine striking up a conversation with someone at the gym just to comment on their body. 

 

I can't imagine striking up a conversation with anyone at the gym for anything beyond how many sets they might have left.

 

10 hours ago, Harriet said:

Getting moving after a break is hard. You did good. 

 

I just wish I hadn't left it so long. I'd only planned to take a week off over Christmas but this cough (which is still hanging around, albeit in its final stages, hopefully) put paid to that. I know i made the right decision, for myself and other gym goers, but it still sucks. 

 

a64998717cf5a55c073cad9b737f79fc3ac84d5d

 

Jumped into the gym again last night and it helped a lot with the stiffness. Just short sessions, not too much weight, still easing myself in. Legs still feel like hell :lol:

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, GodzillaKong said:

I can't imagine striking up a conversation with anyone at the gym for anything beyond how many sets they might have left.

 

Yes. Correct. I was always head down, no eye contact.... I WOULD occasionally nod my head at people instead of using words....

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 1/15/2019 at 12:41 PM, scalyfreak said:

 

Admittedly, the recent lack of rude women asking me about my non-existent pregnancy is a big factor too.

See...there must be a difference in social norms from what some of us were raised with and today.

 

Based on my upbringing, 

Situations where it is appropriate to ask "When are you due?" to a woman...

A woman has that unmistakeable baby bump...not appropriate

A woman with a baby bump has baby clothes in their shopping cart...not appropriate

You're a woman's doctor conducting an ultrasound...not appropriate

A woman just told you they're expecting...close...but not appropriate

Her water just broke and you're the only person around...not appropriate...

She just told you she's due next week...again, close...but not appropriate

 

If you read the examples above, the message is clear...keep your nose out of other peoples f-ing business!! :-D

 

On 1/17/2019 at 2:01 AM, GodzillaKong said:

Just short sessions, not too much weight, still easing myself in. Legs still feel like hell

Remember...the body is lazy and must be punished...it reminds the muscles who's in charge! Great work on sticking with it!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, Blocky said:

 

Yes. Correct. I was always head down, no eye contact.... I WOULD occasionally nod my head at people instead of using words....

 I'll point and hope they get I'm asking how many sets until the rack is free. It's worked pretty well so far. Save my noises for heavy lifts.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now