• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Ellestar

Ellestar commits to consistency

12 hours ago, JessFit said:

Hills are hard, good for you! What do you think of barre? I've wanted to try it but haven't done so yet. 

Yeah the hills certainly get your legs burning and heart pumping!

I've only done Barre twice now and it's been a different release each time.

I loved the first week and found it a really good leg/bum workout. This week wasn't quite as tough but still good.

I was worried I'd be surrounded by dance geniuses but it wasn't like that - it was quite chilled and accessible for a total newbie like me!

I'll probably continue going.

You should give it a try :)

• Like 1

On 1/17/2019 at 6:32 PM, Ellestar said:

Just thought I'd start posting a pic of each hill I climb for this challenge.

Here is one from the top of Arthur's Seat on Sunday morning.20190113_095034.thumb.jpg.45ad47f99d8ac7c6a4543225e9c076a5.jpg

Lovely picture. I don't know where it is, but it's beautiful!!

• Like 1

On 1/19/2019 at 1:31 PM, BardicGarlic said:

Lovely picture. I don't know where it is, but it's beautiful!!

Yeah I'm lucky to live in Edinburgh and have a mini mountain in the middle of the city. I love it!

• Like 1

Week 2 Update Mon 14th - Sunday 20th Jan 2019

So far I have:

• Continue to stick to my diet rules. I had 2 nights out with friends but controlled any snacks and still feel happy I stuck to my diet 90% of the time. 
  • Gym on Wed for Barre class, Body Pump on Sat morning
  • YWA - missed Thu but did every other day. Will add the missed practice to another day this week. Yoga 6/7 days.
  • Walked up Craiglockart Hills (Wester and Easter) on Sunday morning - loved it!

I'm happy that I'm sticking to my plan. Still managing the gym only twice but I'm prioritising a hill walk at the weekends.
I'll definitely aim to add a gym session this week.

I'm also trying to ditch my rather "all or nothing" attitude and not beat myself up about the fact that I wasn't 100% on plan on my nights out with friends. I was still in control of what I was eating and consciously chose to have treats. Also the rest of my week diet has been on point - so I'm focusing on that.

Here's to continuing into week 3.

A pic from my Sunday morning walk:

20190120_100050.jpg

20190120_103357.jpg

• Like 4

I just trying to capture some observations while I'm going through this whole process. I need to remind myself that the scale is not the only measure of progress or success. I'm feeling deflated because the scale hasn't moved this week and I've been really on plan.

DIET

I've been really on point with this. Almost Paleo but not imprisoning myself into perfection. I'm eating no milk/cheese/bread/alcohol/grains/sweets and I'm not really missing anything.

I get a chocolate craving every so often but then it passes.

In the first week I saw the scales move and this really motivated me. This week nothing has moved!! I'm feeling despondent but telling myself that it's not just the scales that matter!

I'm doing my insides good by eating healthily - I'm doing my heart good - I'm reducing my chances of diabetes and other nasty conditions. The whole process is doing me good!

EXERCISE

Yoga - I've been maintaining daily yoga and loving it. I'm doing Yoga with Adrienne - Dedicate 30 day challenge and it's only about 20 mins a session. This is perfect to fit in during the evenings, usually just before I go to bed. I love the feeling of stretching and doing my body good. Feeling what I can and can't yet do, and getting a good stretch and some relaxation. I do feel like my flexibility has marginally improved and most of all I'm just really enjoying it!

Gym - This week I had to cancel my Wed eve Barre class as I had a rescheduled Skype appt. I have Body Pump booked for Sat morning and intend to go for a quick workout tomorrow morning. I'm struggling to get up early enough to go to the gym before work. I know this is the best time as I'm tired or busy most evenings. I'm not sure how to get myself out of bed earlier!!

I'm pleased I'm maintaining at least 2 classes but I'd like to get up to 3. However I should recognise that I've at least built the habit of going twice a week, which is better than nothing.

Walking - I've managed a wee hill walk every Sunday and this is fitting into my schedule well. I'm enjoying making the time to specifically be outside and am looking forward to maintaining this. Mentally it's making me feel like I'm working towards Kili and it's also allowing me to wear and test kit. So far so good.

So.....although the scales haven't moved this week, everything I've been doing has been good for me. I've been good to myself, I've been looking after my body and mind and I need to focus on that and not just on the number on the scale.

• Like 2

Some pics.

I went for a wander after work on Tuesday. There's an event on in Edinburgh called Messages from the Skies - which is a light and sound show.

Writers have been asked to write "Love Letters to Europe" and these have been projected onto certain buildings around the city, along with a visual and sound accompaniment.

I loved it!

I thought fellow Nerds might appreciate some poetry/art stuff :)

MFTS-Bongo.jpg

MFTS-Tron.jpg

MFTS-Calton Monument.jpg

MTFS-Calton.jpg

• Like 2

It sounds like you're doing well with consistency. Sorry that you're not seeing the scale move, but you're right that there are other benefits. As for your photos, I really feel like I need to get to Scotland now! 

• Like 1

Week 3 Update Mon 21th - Sunday 27th Jan 2019

So far I have:

• Nailed my diet rules. I keep telling myself that eating is 90% of my weight loss battle and this is keeping me motivated. Also I'm batch cooking like a boss and really enjoying making myself delicious food! 
  • Gym - my gym attendance suffered this week as I'm trying to get a journal article published so all free time was sacrificed to that as my deadline is 31st Jan. I'll make this up next week once the deadline has passed.
  • YWA - I did 6/7 days. Missed Sunday eve as I was catching up on house chores etc after working on my journal article all weekend. I got straight back to it though - never miss two days in a row! Also I'm LOVING it!!
  • Walked up Blackford Hill on Sunday after Rifle Club. It was a BEAUTIFUL day and the views were immense - see pics!

This week I finally saw the scale move again and everything is going in the right direction. I'm feeling stronger when I'm doing my yoga too, so all good!

Here's to continuing into week 3.

20190127_140126.jpg

20190127_141341.jpg

• Like 3

NSVs

So I wear a fitbit charge 2 all the time and was pleasantly surprised to see this change in my resting heart rate... only in a few weeks.... delighted! 

I know this may not be perfectly accurate but it's an indication at the very least. 

20190131_004320.jpg

• Like 2

Great job! It's always nice when we can see some results of our efforts, scale or otherwise :D 

Love the pictures!!

• Thanks 1

Week 3 Update Mon 28th Jan - Sunday 3rd Feb 2019

So far I have:

• Kept to my diet rules for 95% of the time I'd say. I had a night out in Glasgow on Fri and stayed over until Sat. I ate on plan for Fri but had 3 drinks on Fri eve - nothing too excessive. On Saturday my friend and I had planned a nice brunch so I allowed myself a planned day "off" my rules. Had delicious eggs benedict with black pudding for brunch. Also visited my brother and niece on Saturday evening and we had pizza - so a total cheat day but I enjoyed it! See pics for my delicious brunch.
  • Gym - gym did not happen this week at all! I had to submit my revised journal article on Thursday and I was up most nights working on it till about 11pm so I'm going to let myself off this one.
  • YWA - I finished the 30 day Dedicate challenge and love it! I intend on continuing with her Feb calendar and do yoga most days.
  • Walked up Braid Hill on Sunday after Rifle Club. It was a gentle wee hill, but a nice walk to blow the cobwebs away and I've stuck to my one hill walk every week so yay! See pics.

My starting stats were:

7th Jan Weight - 96.3kg

3rd Feb Weight - 91.2 kg

So I lost 5.1kg - I'm delighted! Let's continue in this direction.

I think for the next challenge I'll be in the Rebel category as I can't quite choose a guild yet.

Well done everyone who's done their first challenge!!

Lx

20190203_141004.jpg

20190203_140929.jpg

20190202_112236.jpg

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, JessFit said:

Congrats on the weight loss! I'm very impressed that you've stuck to the diet as closely as you have. Good for you! 

Thanks!

Yeah I keep reminding myself that "you can't outrun your fork". It's keeping me motivated!

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Little Miss Camouflage said:

Well done - great results.

And I didn't know that black pudding eggs benedict was even thing. I need to have some in my life :-)

Thanks!

Yeah - the black pud version was a new discovery for me - delicious!!