No registered users viewing this page.

Norgaard

Norgaard: 60% of the time It works every time

On 1/21/2019 at 3:41 PM, KB Girl said:

Congratulations! :) End of an era. 

You can cook too? Damn. 

Yes im a chef by trade.

Working in Michelin restaurants :)

So now Ij just help to help :) and then I get free food ;)

So I've started to sort pictures so I have 5 pictures ready to post this week now I just need to do it.

Been hanging and handstanding the first two days of the week, but not sure for how long, didn't track them! 

• Like 2

Beautiful photos. Question on the yoga pose - are there intermediate steps from crow/ crane to the leg extension? I've got a low crow, working on getting my core higher now, but the leg extension looks hard. Any tips? 

20 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Monkey pondering the existence of a higher power, love it :)

I have a lot of shots of monkeys! I love them, my favorite animal.

48 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Beautiful photos. Question on the yoga pose - are there intermediate steps from crow/ crane to the leg extension? I've got a low crow, working on getting my core higher now, but the leg extension looks hard. Any tips? 

hmm. how stable are your normal crow?

I would say you need to go from crow to clown to crow (or crow to tripod to crow (same thing different name))

after that I would work on shifting the weight.. for instance place one hand on a plate or a block and the other on the ground.

Can try to shoot a video for you if you want? oh and the higher up you start with your legs the easier it gets

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Manarelle said:

Norgaard might have more tips but the knee float progression worked for me. At first I could not move the knee at all. Little by little I brought the bent knee in balance (next to the elbow, but inside and not supported). I would come down quickly on the floor from that, but I'd try to come down slower each time. At some point I was able to hold the knee up there and then I started extending.

1 hour ago, Norgaard said:

hmm. how stable are your normal crow?

I would say you need to go from crow to clown to crow (or crow to tripod to crow (same thing different name))

after that I would work on shifting the weight.. for instance place one hand on a plate or a block and the other on the ground.

Can try to shoot a video for you if you want? oh and the higher up you start with your legs the easier it gets

Crow is pretty decent, can get from 15-30 seconds regularly; I use it as a warm-up to handstand practice. No worries on the video, I've got a ways to go before crane is stable - core is definitely the weak point still. 

1 hour ago, @mu said:

Norgaard might have more tips but the knee float progression worked for me. At first I could not move the knee at all. Little by little I brought the bent knee in balance (next to the elbow, but inside and not supported). I would come down quickly on the floor from that, but I'd try to come down slower each time. At some point I was able to hold the knee up there and then I started extending.

Also a good point. I'll put the clown/ tripod and knee float as next steps to work on. Thank you both!

On 1/26/2019 at 8:36 PM, Norgaard said:

To be honest, abd most people dont like to hear This. The core only accounts for a very short part, most is stacking of shoulders :)

Haha, no, you're right. I realized last week that my handstands are off balance because I'm not using my shoulders symmetrically. I'm still favoring the one with the rotator cuff tear, even though it seems to be holding its own fine in everything else I do. Need to get over that mental block.

How's the week/ weekend been?

5 hours ago, Manarelle said:

Haha, no, you're right. I realized last week that my handstands are off balance because I'm not using my shoulders symmetrically. I'm still favoring the one with the rotator cuff tear, even though it seems to be holding its own fine in everything else I do. Need to get over that mental block.

How's the week/ weekend been?

the weekend have been fine! but also busy, just like this week :) but pictures will come soon :)

how long since was your rotator cuff tear?

On 1/28/2019 at 2:48 PM, Norgaard said:

but pictures will come soon :)

Woot.

On 1/28/2019 at 2:48 PM, Norgaard said:

how long since was your rotator cuff tear?

Not sure when it happened, only found out about it when I realized my pull-ups (and cat hangs) weren't working and not because I was weak; one shoulder just... would not move the way it was supposed to. Went in, got an MRI, got the diagnosis, went through PT, and now I can compensate for it. I'm guessing some of the off-ness of handstands is mental compensation, but there's definitely a difference in how my shoulders handle weight. 

Ah missed this completely, but congrats on becoming a physio!!!! 

Beautiful pics too. :) 

@Manarelle I also had some success with the knee float back in my fit days haha, but rather than starting from crow I started with one knee on the elbow and the other leg in between my arms tucked tightly into my chest with the toes on the floor. From that position I tried to lift my toes off the floor, preferably without collapsing, into a sort of crippled one legged crow. :P From that point it’s *relatively* easy to extend the leg. For me that’s much easier since I don’t have to move as much i.e. use as much strength to get into the position.

On 1/27/2019 at 3:36 AM, Norgaard said:

To be honest, abd most people dont like to hear This. The core only accounts for a very short part, most is stacking of shoulders :)

Disagree. ;) You can’t really stack your shoulders the same way as in a regular handstand as you have a leg behind you and you can’t lean forward enough to compensate for that as in a crow without face planting. The more vertical your leg is the more stacked over your shoulders, but to do that you have to push really hard to through the shoulders to keep them more straight. And if you are very bottom heavy like I am it’s quite a heavy pose, for both shoulders and core.

2 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Disagree. ;) You can’t really stack your shoulders the same way as in a regular handstand as you have a leg behind you and you can’t lean forward enough to compensate for that as in a crow without face planting. The more vertical your leg is the more stacked over your shoulders, but to do that you have to push really hard to through the shoulders to keep them more straight. And if you are very bottom heavy like I am it’s quite a heavy pose, for both shoulders and core.

Curious how personal center of gravity affects poses - I am also rather bottom heavy, and felt the move more in my core, but my shoulders are decently built up from weights and handstands. 

13 minutes ago, Manarelle said:

Curious how personal center of gravity affects poses - I am also rather bottom heavy, and felt the move more in my core, but my shoulders are decently built up from weights and handstands. 

It depends on the pose really. For a straight handstand it doesn't matter at all as ideally your joints are completely stacked. The more you planche the heavier it will get as the torque on the shoulders get increasingly larger, and the further out the center of mass from the pivot the heavier it will get. I don't know how experienced you are with handbalancing, but the shoulder strength required for a straight handstands doesn't translate much at all to poses which require bent arm strength. If you're pressing to HS etc that's a different story, but then I doubt one legged crow would cause you any issues. :) Either way I think if you feel it more in your core take a look at the angle of the leg and the position of your hips. It's probably that the hip is not that high and that the leg extends horizontally behind you rather than more vertically upward, both of which require relatively more shoulder strength. 

3 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Not in Crow no, but should be possible in Crane, and of course most in handstands.

But yes there is defiantly differences in where the center of gravity, and here men have it easier than women in these poses, and a bum Is not always helping in crow :D 

ohh and more pictures of course I promised that!

39947281_259916754845739_3240883520133922816_n.jpg

40137851_254418562070096_8239121143571677184_n.jpg

42754259_485438515266986_5790165773901103104_n.jpg

42128116_2255711264656664_5260855640724602880_n.jpg

42313199_236686570359855_3296174601230352384_n.jpg

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, Norgaard said:

Not in Crow no, but should be possible in Crane, and of course most in handstands.

No it's not possible, your shoulders will always be in front of your wrists for both crane and one legged crow, i.e. not stacked. If you lift your leg very high the shoulders won't be very far in front of your wrists, but it will still be heavy to hold all your body weight with slightly bent arms.

The pebbled huts look brilliant!

27 minutes ago, Mad Hatter said:

No it's not possible, your shoulders will always be in front of your wrists for both crane and one legged crow, i.e. not stacked. If you lift your leg very high the shoulders won't be very far in front of your wrists, but it will still be heavy to hold all your body weight with slightly bent arms.

The pebbled huts look brilliant!

you are right, I think we mean the same but I got It worded very badly, I meant that the focus would be around the shoulders, not that the shoulder was stacked right over the wrist, my bad :)

Yeah the huts are old meditation huts from the Beetles ashram, was an amazing and calm place

10 hours ago, Happienumber said:

These are fantastic!

Hey you!! Are you back? Great to see you around again!

Awesome pics!! Keep going :D

For what it's worth, I also feel that 1-leg crow is mostly intense on upper arm / shoulders / anterior delts. But I also have a hard time lifting  my HIPS :lol:  ALL the moves where I need to control my hips are tough, like double elbow lever to straddle hold or HS to crow. It's a very pervasive issue for me. Almost like I need double the required arm strength just because of the weight distribution (bum bum bum) :D 

Hey you!! Are you back? Great to see you around again!

Mu!!

I am back! And it’s good to be here!

I can’t contribute much to the one legged crow discourse as I’m having to restart learning crows from scratch, but I can IMAGINE how much harder it is in the shoulders hahahahaha

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

9 hours ago, Happienumber said:

I can’t contribute much to the one legged crow discourse emoji23.png as I’m having to restart learning crows from scratch, but I can IMAGINE how much harder it is in the shoulders hahahahaha

You will join when time is! <3

• Like 1