New face, new place

Hey guys!!

I’ve been reading NerdFitness articles for years but I’ve finally decided to join the rebellion. It feels great to be part of a supportive community dedicated to fitness.

For starters, I am a very busy student trying to keep her grades as high as possible while simultaneously being the drum major of the marching band and an avid high jumper and sprinter (and possible pole vaulter this year, fingers crossed!). I’m already relatively fit, but my progress towards developing my strength is slow due to a lack of motivation, so hopefully joining this community will help with that.

Outside of school, I’m a total nerd and gamer. If any random concept or question pops in my head, I will spend all my time researching it, then I’ll rant about it for a while before researching another topic. I tend to overthink problems and will spend hours making plans regarding my goals (carrying them out tends to be the issue). I cry whenever I watch a Disney movie, and I will absolutely gush when discussing technology and robotics. I spend any spare downtime playing video games (I literally play anything I can get my hands on), making digital art, playing piano, or listening to my favorite alternative bands. I also don’t mind a fun dnd session every once in a while even though I’m terrible at role playing. 

Introductions aside, I’m super pumped to join the rebellion, start a new journey, and work to improve my overall strength and coordination with a bunch of fellow fitness nerds.

• Like 2