Snack - skipped

Lunch - chicken rice bowl, extra chicken, half rice, double veggies

Snack - handful of raw mushrooms, cup of choc milk

Dinner - salmon stirfry on rice

Snack - croissant, couple slices of deli ham and cream cheese

Coffee -

Vitamins - yep

64oz H2O - yep

Workout - 25 min shoveling snow, 20 min coffee break walk (in the cold!), 30 min at the pool with the fam

Today's a toughie and may wind up a bit of a wash. I had a conference to go to for the morning, so it upended my daily routine a bit. I managed to get a bit of a workout this morning before leaving clearing the driveway. No time to make breakfast, and nowhere to store or heat up lunch so I wound up eating out. Hit Tim's on the way and grabbed a BELT, coffee and donut.

After the conference I had to boogie to work, so I quickly stopped at Tokyo Express and picked up a chicken rice bowl. They always make those things with WAY too much rice so whenever I get one I double the chicken, and ask for half rice, double veggies. I still wind up leaving a bunch of rice in the bowl, but at least I get some extra protein and veggies out of the deal.

Now that I'm back at work, I can hopefully finish off the day without much issue and with no plans tonight maybe even get in a proper workout after the kids hit the hay.

On the plus side, timmys BELT isn't as bad as you think it is. Carby, but try to find something from tims that ISNT. That place kills me.

Still a great day - good luck on the some-sort-of-activity tonight! May I suggest..... <wait for it>.... stretching?

And I'm pretty sure the shivering counts for extra calories burned. We hit -21 + windchill today. Ugh.

On the plus side, timmys BELT isn't as bad as you think it is. Carby, but try to find something from tims that ISNT. That place kills me.

Still a great day - good luck on the some-sort-of-activity tonight! May I suggest..... <wait for it>.... stretching?

And I'm pretty sure the shivering counts for extra calories burned. We hit -21 + windchill today. Ugh.

Stretching - absolutely. No matter what I'll try to stretch out a bit.. I'm sure there'll be more snow for me to shovel when I get home too lol. -15 here, not sure what the windchill wound up being though. Despite the roads turning to shite, all this snow is just getting me jazzed up for the snowboarding season! :)

Nov 19 2010

In Which TooL Will Be Played All Day

Breakfast - not too hungry this morning, just a couple slices of ham

Snack - Skipped

Lunch - Ham Sandwich, Small Crab salad

Snack -

Dinner -

Snack -

Coffee - 2 cups

Vitamins - yep

64oz H2O -

Nov 22 2010

In Which We Play Catchup

Breakfast - shrimp stirfry on a lil' bit of rice

Snack - coffee

Lunch - hot dog (yikes!)

Snack - coffee

Dinner - slow cooked roast, carrots, potatoes

Snack - skipped

Coffee - 2 cups

Vitamins - yep

64oz H2O - half :(

ACK!! My challenge got pushed to page two. Time to fix that, STAT...

So I didn't track anything over the weekend, but with the exception of going on a kidless date with my wife (SO RARE these days) I stuck to a pretty good meal plan. No junk, water only. I did miss taking my vitamins both days, but thats a small mark on an otherwise successful week.

Did Steve's BW Circuit workout Friday night, splashed at the pool both saturday and sunday and did the BW circuit again this morning, along with 10 minutes of warmup cardio.

Now I'm off to catchup on all the posts I'm behind on!!!

Nov 23 2010

In Which We Sleep In

Breakfast - chicken sandwich

Snack - skipped

Lunch - shrimp stirfry on a lil' bit of rice

Snack - chocolate bar

Dinner -

Snack -

Coffee -

Vitamins - yep

64oz H2O -

As the title suggests.. I totally slept in today - was even almost late for work.. kinda felt like this guy today: http://5secondfilms.com/watch/late_for_work/

Obviously I didn't get time to work out this morning. Headin to the pool after work for my daughter's swim lessons - will splash around a bunch while there. Try to get in a stretch session later this evening as well.

bahaha, good video! That was definitely me yesterday, if you include skidding down icy sidewalks at top speed in -41C (incl windchill) weather and a train that was delayed by an hour because of 2 mechanical delays, 1 passenger emergency, then 2 more passenger emergencies as people started to drop due to standing for an hour on a bloody train in 4 layers of clothing in moshpit conditions.

Not that I'm complaining.

OH HELL YES

Level Up goal achieved! Well, sorta. I created a 'Coming Soon' trailer to whet appetites for the full length vids that won't be far around the corner. Check it out here:

Dude, nice! That was the most epic vacation video I've seen, and you tell me it's just the trailer?

Good music choice. I particularily liked Dramatic Zooming Shot Of Dude Sleeping.

That looks like an amazing trip.

Dude, nice! That was the most epic vacation video I've seen, and you tell me it's just the trailer?

Good music choice. I particularily liked Dramatic Zooming Shot Of Dude Sleeping.

That looks like an amazing trip.

Lol thanks! The sleeping dude is my brother.. We uhhh.. overfilled our hotel room and he drew the short straw for the floor.

Our trips are always amazing. Some of the guys that come with us, we only get to see a couple times a year so we make the most of it.

Bonus points if anyone can recognize the film I snaffued the music from. I'm a huge soundtrack buff. I'd say a good third of my cd collection is movie scores..

Nov 29 2010

In Which Days are Lost

Breakfast - does coffee count as a breakfast?

Snack - skipped

Lunch - spaghetti, homemade meat and tomato sauce

Snack -

Dinner -

Snack -

Coffee - 1 cup

Vitamins -

64oz H2O -

Ah time.. you are a harsh mistress indeed.

I haven't been posting here nearly as much as I had hoped - life has a tendency to trump spending time on my PC as it would seem..

While my posts have been sporadic, I have been doing my best to keep up with my challenge. I have made it to the gym a few times, and have been working stretching, planks, etc into my daily routine at home - which has been working out quite well actually.

As a perfect example of why to not use the scale as your be-all, end-all - my weight has remained fairly constant, and yet my pants and shirt have been fitting just a little bit better these days! I'm noticing a little more definition in the arms and shoulders too, so I know things are going in the right direction.

I was going to go bust out the snowboard for the first ride of the season tonight, but my oldest decided to go and get a stomach flu over the weekend. She's still under the weather today, so I'll be staying home this evening helping out. I've rescheduled with the buds to go Wednesday evening instead.

Can't wait.. I only made it out boarding once last year so I'm determined to go substantially more this go around!

As a perfect example of why to not use the scale as your be-all, end-all - my weight has remained fairly constant, and yet my pants and shirt have been fitting just a little bit better these days! I'm noticing a little more definition in the arms and shoulders too, so I know things are going in the right direction.

That's deserving of an "atta boy!"

Sick... And not in the 'awesome' way.

Our whole house came down with whatever is currently hitting the populace. Kids have already recovered, but my wife has been completely floored by it. I've got a bad case of sniffles and a seriously stuffed up head - but hopefully thats the extent of what I get. Someone needs to be healthy enough to wrangle the rug rats!

Anyway - as a result, this week's attempt at doing anything challenge related has been shelved in the interest of getting people healthy again, including going boarding last night. I'm bummed about that but it was for the best. I probably would have exacerbated my symptoms had I gone.

We have a healthy household once again!! Well mostly.. Everyone's in good shape, except my wife still has some sniffles. She's always been the slowest to recover out of everyone in the house. Must be her close proximity and constant exposure to the germs that come and go with the kids in her dayhome!

Despite being sick I stuck to a fairly healthy food week and barely splurged on bad stuff. Had my work xMas party this weekend and luckily the food was only average - I wouldn't have gone back for seconds anyway, but it helped that there was nothing there that was exceptionally calling my name. The bar had no lime or cranberry juice so I fell back on my old standby of vodka&orange. Even my alcohol was healthy! lol.

Time to make a solid push for this last week of challenge time.. This *IS* the last week, amiright?

Back on track for the last week of the challenge.. Gonna try and hit some big gains (losses) this week!

Made it to the gym for an awesome hour of cardio warmup, bw workouts and even got some stretching in to boot. Damn my hamstrings need work.

My wife and I so rarely get moments alone to just chat - there always seems to be something requiring our attention. Well last night we actually had a moment over dinner where general life chores weren't a topic of conversation so we got chatting about our pantry and the changes we could/should be making.

I told her about the paleo lifestyle expecting a Charlton Heston-esque retort along the lines of 'You'll get my bread when you pry it from my cold, dead hands' but it didn't happen.. She was actually very into the idea, so as we use up the stuff in our pantry we're going to try switching over to the dark side, err.. light side? We decided to wait till after christmas and use the new year as a jumping off point, so I think my next challenge will have a goal of getting the fridge and pantry completely or at least mostly converted over.

Exciting!

-12 shouldn't be a temperature in my opinion. Usually in January we start getting days like that here, and it just makes me hate life. Glad someone enjoys it though. ;)

Seasonal Office Temptations have started to arrive.

City Council and the Mayor just popped in with all sorts of xmas goodies to thank us for our hard work all year. Pretty awesome gesture (*rolleyes*) considering none of them would actually know us if they bumped into us in the hallways. We have the power to make or break their blackberries, laptops and workstations and they can't be bothered to even remember our names when they come crying to us for help..

They left all sorts of goodies (baddies), like chocolate truffles and those wafer/chocolatey things. Usually I fall prey to grazing on them through the day, but this year I actually have no desire at all to even give them a second look.

This last week of the challenge hasn't been going as strong as I would have liked.. The cold my wife had last week progressed into a full blown stomach flu that had her laid out for a couple days (I had it over the last weekend). I wasn't able to get away for some 'personal time' at the gym but I did spend some time doing little BW things here and there with the kids. My youngest was giving me funny looks when I started doing pushups on the playroom floor hahaha.

Sign in to follow this