• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Sign in to follow this  
sandman

Sandman's "Don't have to worry about Thanksgiving" challenge

Silly people.. if there's one thing I've learned in an office environment, it's that your two best friends are the cleaning staff and tech support. Followed closely by accounting. You better believe I'm on a first-name basis with all of those people.That said, way to resist temptation.

Also, good job keeping your hand in, if not going for full-blown workouts. Integrating them into your lifestyle is the best way to keep at it when gym isn't an option, and way to provide an awesome example for the kids!

Finally had time to read my teammates threads. Love the videos, shared with some other folks. Looks totally crazy to me though ;-)

If that looked crazy, wait'll you see the one i'm working on next. The Jewell Pass video above was from Day 1 of our bike trip and was primarily a cross country jaunt through the woods. It was pretty much just a warmup for the rest of the adventure. The next video encompasses days 2 and 3 which were at a ski hill for full on adrenaline-rush downhill riding! :) Lots of fun jumps and high speed corners. An entirely different experience.

Yeah, I love mountain biking and I have the tattoo to prove it. ;)

No thanks! I've been skiing one time, rode up and down the hills on my horses several times and that is plenty for me. I can't even imagine going that fast on a bike downhill but then again I'm not much into adrenaline fueled fun pursuits. I get plenty of adrenaline rushes during lambing season ;-)

KICKASS

Got my copy of the Primal Blueprint and the Primal Cookbook in the mail today. Gonna soak it up ASAP so I can hand it off to my wife and we can get started making the change to Paleo!

Challenge Summary Time!

1) at least twice a week incorporate strength training into my daily routine

B+

3 out of 4 weeks I *did* get BW training in twice a week. Last week everyone was under the weather and there was not much of anything going on. I was HOPING to get more than twice a week in hence the B+ rather than an A, but I'll take what I can get.

2) Add an additional 2 days a week devoted to focusing on stretching and cardio

C

Not so much. I did cardio as a warmup for my BW days above, but I didn't have any days devoted purely to cardio/stretching. There were a few nights at home watching TV where I sat for a bit working on stretching out the hammys but not enough for me to warrant calling it a proper session.

3) Tracking what I intake.

B+

Started the challenge out strong keeping track of what I ate. I didn't count calories, but never claimed I was going to. As the challenge wore on and with christmas looming ever closer, free time to post on NF fell by the wayside. While I fell apart tracking what I was eating on the site, I did make concerted effort to eat properly, and continue drinking my water and taking my vitamins. (Although these past couple weeks have seen me reduce that, for no other reason than laziness I guess.)

Level Up Goal:

4) Finish my video editing project from my last mountain bike trip.

A

No + here because I'm not 100% finished, but I'm so close I can taste it. I completed 2 out of the 3 planned videos and that pleases me immensely. Video number 3 is 25% complete too, so I'm hoping by Christmas they'll all be done and I can start working on my next video project.

Overall, I'm not super jazzed about my results because I didn't have any big weight losses or strength gains - but its the baby steps that get you really moving and I think this challenge saw success in that respect. I DID hit the gym more than last challenge, I DID start doing BW strength training, I DID start adding stretching back into my routine, and I DID eat probably the best this last month that I've been doing all year. Who can really complain about that?

Sorry though - no before and after shots - when comparing them myself there was not enough change for me to be happy posting them. I will keep them for future reference and challenges though!

a) Your video kicks ass.

B) excellent job on the challenge! Comparing this month to last month, you really seem to be developing an awesome groove. You're making good, steady progress, and doing better each time. Well done, man.

c) total jealousy at your books. I asked for them for xmas. Fingers crossed!

a) Your video kicks ass.

B) excellent job on the challenge! Comparing this month to last month, you really seem to be developing an awesome groove. You're making good, steady progress, and doing better each time. Well done, man.

c) total jealousy at your books. I asked for them for xmas. Fingers crossed!

I don't know if the deal is still on, but he had a special where if you order both you got a discount AND a free poster. I figured it was a good time to get in on it.. I also appreciated the free shipping to Canada! So rare.

Sign in to follow this