• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Hello!

I have attemped to do the challenges in the past, but have always found myself failing, so this time I have decided to base my goals around what I am already doing and love, ice-skating. For example, doing x number of turns on a spin, but maybe including some other off-ice exercises to help with my fitness.

Any ideas of what guild I would be in?

Thanks! :D

What a great idea. Well, Assassins are the guild that does bodyweight stuff. I don't know of ay that do ice skating,  but people do aerial stuff, parkour, dancing and gymnastics. Or Rangers We have some dancers in that guild too, which is similar

• Like 2

Your title got me, Ice skating and rollerblading are two things I really enjoi
Off Ice there is always rollerblading. IMO this will make you a stronger ice skater because your terrain is varried and you are constantly adapting. Example: Try attacking a hill climb on rollerblades and see how it helps your sprint/acceleration on the ice.
Additionally Pistol squats are a great challenge (esp if you do the toe touch) that you can do anywhere to work your strenght and stability and a great benifit on wheels or ice.
Bodyweight squats with one foot on a bench or box are good sepping stone to pistol squats.

Skating is a bit of an odd ball with the way the guilds are currently set up, unfortunately.  When I joined, the Assassins were listed as the "all the odd stuff that doesn't fit elsewhere" in addition to the ninja-type things, so that's what I went with.  I've found it to be a pretty good fit (I'm a former ice figure skater and current roller derby player), even after the guilds got rejiggered, because the Assassins tend to focus on the sorts of things that are very complementary for skating.

Thanks all!

I already have myself set as an ‘assasin’ since I am into Parkour, but focusing on iceskating during competition season, but I still think this is a good one since I also am focusing on my flexibility at the moment...

@Jake I have a pair of roller blades but unfortunately don’t find much time to get on them, but thanks for the tip as I’m sure that will motivate me to walk down/up the hill to get to the best track to roller blade on!

Thanks so much, helped a lot :D

• Like 1

On 1/26/2019 at 6:27 PM, kittencat123 said:

Thanks all!

I already have myself set as an ‘assasin’ since I am into Parkour, but focusing on iceskating during competition season, but I still think this is a good one since I also am focusing on my flexibility at the moment...

@Jake I have a pair of roller blades but unfortunately don’t find much time to get on them, but thanks for the tip as I’m sure that will motivate me to walk down/up the hill to get to the best track to roller blade on!

Thanks so much, helped a lot :D

super! we are happy to have you! and I think you'll find that the Assassins have all KINDS of interests, a lot of flexibility, some parkour of course, but mostly we just do what we want and talk about it a bunch! :)

On 1/30/2019 at 9:36 AM, karinajean said:

super! we are happy to have you! and I think you'll find that the Assassins have all KINDS of interests, a lot of flexibility, some parkour of course, but mostly we just do what we want and talk about it a bunch! :)

This may well be the best description of the assassins I've ever read. :D

Welcome aboard @kittencat123

• Like 1