Canada.
I joke around and hashtag stuff #ArcticLife but technically where I live is only subarctic.

Speaking of this, we were joking around today about the hole groundhog seeing his shadow thing and how for us, six more weeks of winter IS an early spring [emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23] like that’s a solid MONTH before spring starts for us.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

I must control my THOUGHTS...
THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
ACTIONS define your CHARACTER
CHARACTER determines your DESTINY
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

So I tried a new animal form today.

The sloth shape!

Even though I got up a hole half hour earlyr than normal, I sat my bum in a chair and read, until suddenly, I had ten minutes to get dressed and eat and pack lunch and my work bag and holy Hannah!

At lest it was a bande dessinée and I was practicing my French.

I would have certainly been late for work if V (this is the francophone friend, should probably give her a letter instead of just “my friend” ) hadn’t texted me reminding me to pack a lunch.

So I didn’t really workout but I ate pretty decently. I did shovel snow for about 40 minutes up at my mothers house.

Food:

That same cabbage chilli-soup for lunch (thank you V, I would have gone hungry without you)

Liver and onions and a hole tomatoe and a hole potato for dinner.

I was so hungry! Bottomless pit!
I don’t know why SO hungry today, but I wish it would spread out over the day and not come suddenly all at 21h30 when it’s like nearly bedtime.

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

On 2/3/2019 at 5:18 AM, 333 said:

Reading is a good workout...for your mind! Especially in French. And I think 40 minutes of shoveling snow really is a good (physical) workout.

Yes, the shoveling wasn't nothing I guess. 

I ate like a tank yesterday, and while I was kind of happy I ate so much, it was absolute trash food. But it was YUMMY lol. 

We had an anti-superbowl party where we watched Monsters Inc

(in the US date system, it was 2/3/19. AKA 2319.)

Image result for we have a 2319 gif

I went over to K's house for the party and got to spend the whole day with my nephews (3 and 5 years old). I brought them Tech Decks (THEY STARTED MAKING THESE AGAIN!! I made an audible sound of glee when I found them in the store) and we assembled them together and built a skatepark out of cardboard and books. 

All of this was very good for the mental health goal. I absolutly need to prioritize spending more time with these kiddos. 

Yesterday's food:

An intire pizza (by myself)

Half a bag of potato chips

5 cookies

a mini cupcake

A cup full of whipped cream and recese peices. 

(holy crap on toast guys I could not have eaten worse LOL except that all of thise was gluten free....the only worst thing I could have done was poisen myself with gluten. Fortunatly I am past thinking that that is even an option. I now gluten is poisen to me now. I would no sooner eat rocks.)

Workouts:

Exactly nothing. 

Today, I felt like a total slug (yet another new animal form!) but I kind of knew I was going to feal like a slug. I gained almost 3kg of water weight. My pants actually finally fit me LOL but that's not the way I want to fill out my clothes haha. But I did know this was going to happen and I only usually eat like this once or twice a year. 

The problem is that I now have a bunch of cookies at my house left over (like 8 more) and I'm trying to decide if I eat them avery day this week, and be done with them, or save them in the fridge (will this work?) and eat them only on the weekends? (like two this weekend and then next weekend)

I just think they may go stale if I keep them too long. 

plus, although they are cookies with m&ms in them. they aren't the worst. They have no flour, it's whole oats and peanut butter. So besides the m&m s they are basically the same thing I put in my protein shakes. 

Today's food:

2 of those cookies

a bowl of chili (I cooked actually chili today! It is amaing!! V was on the phone with me while I cooked it. I was fealign a little nervous. Stove stresses me out. But I got though it and I have awesome chilli now!)

Workouts:

Despite the slug-like ness today, I went for quite a long walk (about 2.5 hours) 

It was so, so warm today and I didn't feal any trepidation about being a ways from home, so I did an exploritory mission to see where the bike path picks up down by the lake. I knew that it connected from my house, down to the lake, up to the long bike path that goes around the lake, but I had only ever seen the signs on the road pointing towards the bike path. But today I...sort of....figured out where it connects. I ended up on a snowmobile trail (NOT where you want to be on foot!!) and then cut through a small forrest trying to get off the snowmobile trail and a cop sort of slowed down and followed me (the road was close to the forrest) and I was like "GREAT I'm probably accidently on private property and i'm going to get arrested" but he never flashed his lights or told me to stop, and eventually went on his way lol. Crisis evaded. 

Watched Wonder Woman in french today.

image.jpeg

• Like 1

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

2 hours ago, Happienumber said:

(will this work?)

I can't fathom what these cookies are meant to look like so this may very well be bad advice but don't keep anything crispy in the fridge, it's full of water and tends to turn things moist. Then again, if those cookies are meant not to be really crispy, the fridge might be the right place for them. Otherwise, I'd say either put them on a difficult to access cupboard or eat a a few of them at a time this week and maybe the next and be done with it.

• Like 1

Legally bound to hug people in need.

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

Are they no-bake? They sound tasty! So does that cup of whipped cream and Reese's...

Nephew time sounds great! I don't have any nephews or nieces and am a little jealous—everyone knows they're better than your own kids because once they start crying you're not the responsible one.

Glad you got to have a walking adventure! Such a great way to explore...and to be active even on slug days.

Are they no-bake? They sound tasty! So does that cup of whipped cream and Reese's...

Nephew time sounds great! I don't have any nephews or nieces and am a little jealous—everyone knows they're better than your own kids because once they start crying you're not the responsible one.

Glad you got to have a walking adventure! Such a great way to explore...and to be active even on slug days.

They’re not no bake, because they did have an egg in them. (Three year old nephew kept trying to eat the “dough” so We had a chat about salmonella.)

It’s whole oats, peunut butter, butter, and m&ms mixed into a sticky ball, then baked for ten minutes. I was surprised that they were such a hit with the kiddos because they’re really not all that sweet (mostly taste of solid peanut butter with ocasional bite of chocolate)

Yes! I so much value my status as crazy aunt.
I’m teaching them lockpicking (much to their mothers dismay. Their father things it’s the most amazing thing ever)
Five year old was excited to learn something with aunt happienumber but didn’t really take to it (he’s much more artistic and emotional which is BEAUTIFUL to watch grow. But he doesn’t have much patience for anything mechanical that doesn’t just work instsantly.)
Three year old, on the other hand. He is gonna be a prodigy lol. He’s already got the names of the picks memorized and has SUCH dexterity in his tiny fingers. (With a minimum of help, he actually put the screws in the wheels of his tech deck when we put it together. Those teeny tiny screws. He’s THREE!) he’s very much a mechanical problem solver mentality and will work the problem for AGES until he figures it out.

The walk worked out really well because I was absolutely going on a QUEST. I wasn’t out walking for exercise, per se, so I gave myself the mental space to just go at whatever pace felt right. I was just out to explore. And I happened to be doing my mission on foot. I think I need to Incorporate more of that into my runs. Going to explore different areas or running to the store that’s just slightly too far to reasonably walk, so a jog is required to do it in a decent amount of time. Or whatever.
Running with a purpose.

• Like 2

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

5 hours ago, Happienumber said:

I’m teaching them lockpicking

You are my new hero. :wub:

• Haha 1

Living life as a Druid is about walking with the beasts. It's about being scared, looking your fears in the eyes and going on anyway. Dread doesn't go away, you just learn to know it. It's still a beast, it still has fangs, but you walk among it.

23 hours ago, Jean said:

You are my new hero. :wub:

I think it's something everyone should learn how to do LOL

On a completely unrelated to anything note:

I was listening to spotify this morning and a backstreet boys song came on that I'd never heard before and i was like.... "how did that escape my awareness my entire childhood???" so I googled the title and then I saw the release date....

DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THE BACKSTREET BOYS HAVE A NEW ALBUM???????

Image result for backstreet's back gif

Image result for backstreet's back gif

• Like 1

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

10 minutes ago, Happienumber said:

DID ANYONE ELSE NOTICED THE BACKSTREET BOYS HAVE A NEW ALBUM???????

oO

They should totally record a single with the King and Michael Jackson!

So I had a really crappy day yesterday. But thankfully it didn’t turn into multiple crappy days.

Exactly nothing accomplished except I did watch a (VERY GOOD but also very upsetting) movie in French so I got a little practice. However I should NOT have watched it when I was already in a really bad frame of mind.
I do highly recommend it though! It’s called Indian Horse. Absolutely watch it. But also absolutely have a second, more cheerful movie lined up to watch afterwards. It’s one of those movies that’s upsetting because it should be upsetting. It’s about residential schools and it’s absolutely something that more awareness needs To be brought to, and the film is done in a very artful way.

Anyway, I wasn’t overly motivated this morning but I did do 10 minutes of animal flow and successfully packed a lunch.

Ate a big bowl of chili and a cup of kombucha for lunch, and a potato and bowl of spinach and cup of whole milk for dinner.

• Like 2

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Well done getting past a crappy day with ease. And it sounds like you're getting on well with your French and food.

Thanks ! I’m getting quite a bit of practice with the French so I’m hoping.

I’m still struggling with getting enough calories again. I’m getting to the end of days and it’s saying I sill need to eat between 500 to 800 calories just to hit maintenance for sedinatry. And on days I’ve worked out, it’s even worse. I think maybe I need to start throwing protein powder and coconut oil in everything I eat lol. Idk.

• Like 1

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

How are things going? What's the most interesting French word you've learned lately?

I’ve actually had a really bad mental health week for who knows what reason, but I’m pulling my head out of the hole today, it seems.

My afternoon plans changed (which usually a big problem for me, changing plans) but instead of being miserable I went to the rink, and I skated for 2.5 hrs, got to play hockey-fetch with a random strangers dog, and got to play in a scrimmage at the end of the afternoon. First “hockey game” I’ve ever played! It was super casual but SO MUCH FUN and it did my brain and body a lot of good.

I’ve absolutely fallen in love with hockey this year, but I thought id need to practice at least this entire year before I’d be goof enough for even a pickup game. So the fact that I held my own and even scored twice was so great!

My favorite French word I’ve learn this week is “poisson volant” lol which is not really that interesting but was te only thing I understood out of the episode of mystérieuses cities d’or i watched this week hahaha. So I was super excited about it. I was like “FLYING FISH!!”

• Like 1

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr 

Spoiler

Work was so stressful today for some reason, mostly there was just one patron that was really really problematic and also we were super busy and understaffed so I had to deal with like 4 times the normal amount of foot traffic, alone, all while trying to corral this one patron who was really actingstrangly and bothering others, and I DO NOT handle confrontation well not to mention he was literally 2 meters tall and likely triple my weight. He wasn't acting violent, but he was acting very unpredictably and I felt he COULD be violent maybe.

Anyway, I found myself ripping at the edges of my fingernails nervously for most of the day and they've been bleeding almost constantly, and even though this is something I've done for ages when I'm anxious, I only now realized today that it's probably not a good thing and is maybe a problem. :/ 

mini rant sorry

Sorry I havn't been around I've been mostly updating my challenge thread. 

THOUGHTS become WORDS
WORDS become ACTIONS
MyFitnessPal | tumblr