I feel the need, the need for... consistency

Last night I did Insanity Fast and Furious. My stamina is still noticeably improving. I must start counting how many stops for breath I have, I think it was only about 5 last night.

I went swimming today. I think I did 40 lengths but it could have been 36 because I lose count occasionally. I went with my mate who can't swim as much as me so I didn't do 50 lengths this week. I will be doing Insanity Pure Cardio tomorrow night.

The ketosis is still going well. I'm now going to stay in ketosis (hopefully) until I go on holiday on 19th March. Exercising while in ketosis is still a revelation!!! :) 

I've been to the gym today for squats, chest press and deadlift. I did a bit of foam roller stuff then the glute warm up exercise from the Peter Attia website. This prep made a noticeable difference to my performance so I'm quite pleased about that. I only increased the chest press weight so I'm now at squats 10kg, chest press 10kg and deadlift 15kg. Taking it steady with upping the squats until I'm sure my back feels spot on.

So, cool. I hope everyone else is getting on OK. xx :)

Sent from my ONEPLUS A6003 using Tapatalk

I did Insanity Fast and Furious on Friday evening. Again I felt I improved. I tried to count the number of stops and I think it was about 5. Damn good effort though.

Yesterday - Saturday - I woke up with a bit of a thick head and feeling a bit grumpy. I don't know what was up, I was just having an off day. I should have gone to the gym (and got a few other things done) but I really wasn't in the mood so I had a lazy day and watched a lot of telly.

Back to normal today. I realised last night that my sister's passport ran out today and we go on holiday in a couple of weeks time, so I was getting the renewal sorted, plus I did a bit of work, did some online shopping, and then this evening I did P90X Yoga. I really powered through the whole thing tonight, it went really well. I had sweat dripping up my face during some of the bending over exercises.

And that's another week done. I'll be back to swimming tomorrow. :)

I hope you are all getting on OK with ypur fitness stuff. Peace out. 

You're doing great! Since your fitness is kicking up you might keep losing inches at the same pace, because you are working harder.  Hopefully you don't get too burned out before your vacation.

• Like 1

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

Battle Log: Operation Fly-By-Night

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

Hopefully I can carry on losing some of that tummy fat. As it's the only place I really put on any fat it's indicative of having visceral fat around the organs and that is way more dangerous to long term health than subcutaneous fat all over the body. So although I might weigh less than some larger people, the smaller amount of fat I carry may actually be damaging my health more.

Update on the week so far: Tuesday night I went to the gym. I don't like going in the evenings because it's too busy. I only want to use a mat and the squat rack so if they are in use then it's a nuisance. But it was OK. I did some good foam rollering and warm up stuff on the mat, then I did squats (still 10kg), military press (still 5kg) and clean (6.5kg). I'm not pushing the weights up very quickly as I'm still focusing on correct posture.

Wednesday I worked until about 7pm then visited a mate on the way home who fell off a roof last week. Didn't get home until after 9pm.

Yesterday was Dungeons and Dragons after work so I didn't get home until nearly 11pm.

I'm working today then it's poker tonight, but that's not until 8pm so I should have time fit in an Insanity workout before I go out.

Keep up the good work and efforts everyone. Fitness 4 Longevity Rules!!!!! :) Peace out.

• Like 1
3 hours ago, Mikey Fitpants said:

I've just signed up for a parkour class - it's something I've always wanted to try. 

That sounds like so much fun! I'm a big fan of trying out applications for fitness, instead of only focusing on gaining it.

Current Challenge: The Cliffs of Insanity  Previous Challenges: #1#2, #3#4#5#6, #7#8#9#10#11#12#13#14#15#16#17#18#19#20#21#22, #23, #24, #25, #26#27#28#29#30#31#32#33#34#35

“Fairy tales are more than true: not because they tell us that dragons exist, but because they tell us that dragons can be beaten.”

― Neil Gaiman

Oh dear. I maybe seem to be running out of steam a little bit, so I need to have a word with myself and get my sh!t back together.

Friday night I was going to do Insanity before going out to poker. However, I had had a tough day at work (totally my fault for not quite approaching a task from the right direction and making it more difficult than it needed to be) and I was tired, cold and my brain felt in that really sluggish mode. I wasn't in the mood for playing poker (or having to put up with one of the players who is a bit unpleasant and very loud and tends to dominate proceedings) so I sent a message to say It felt rough and I was in bed by 7.30pm without doing Insanity.

I was then up at 5.30 yesterday because I had an 8am appointment to collect a new passport for my sister so that we can go on holiday next week. I had to leave at 6.30am and was home by about 4pm. Just couldn't be arsed to do anything else yesterday and was in bed by about 9.30pm last night.

So, all I've done this week so far is swimming on Monday and weights on Tuesday. So I'm making a public statement to say that I'm recognising that this is how the consistency starts to slip and that action is required. I hereby pledge that I will do an Insanity workout later on today. I will report back later. Must get my sh!t together.

• Like 1

Since your body treats life stress like training stress it's not surprising a busy life week leaves you worn out for training. Sleep is when you build muscle so never feel guilty about resting when you need it, but if you're all caught up now I'll hold you to getting that workout today!

― Neil Gaiman

8 hours ago, Kestrel Grey said:

Since your body treats life stress like training stress it's not surprising a busy life week leaves you worn out for training. Sleep is when you build muscle so never feel guilty about resting when you need it, but if you're all caught up now I'll hold you to getting that workout today!

I agree. Really using your brain can be just as exhausting as physical exercise. The last few days had really put my poor little brain through it's paces, which is not a bad thing. I do believe you have to listen to your body. If it says 'please, just let me lie down yer bastard' then it's probably best that you do.

So, although I would probably have chickened out of the workout tonight because I still wasn't in the mood, because I had declared on here that I would do it and Kestrel Grey was holding me to it I put on my gym kit and hit play.

I did Insanity Plyo Cardio Circuit tonight which is the first Insanity workout that you do, and in my opinion it is just about the toughest. It's HIIT unlike the other ones I normally do which just go straight through. In this one it's 4 different exercises for 30 seconds each and then a 30 second rest - repeat three times. The second half is the same format but with 4 different exercises, and this second half is so tough. Plenty of room for improvement.

Tomorrow would usually be swimming at midday but I can't do that tomorrow, so I think I shall try and get to the gym later in the afternoon. It will be squats, chest press and deadlifts tomorrow. 

Right, I'm off for a shower. Peace out y'all. :) 

• Like 1

Update on the week so far: Monday I didn't go to the gym . I still felt quite shattered and had a foggy head. I got a few important things done and then dozed off on the settee before 8pm.  i woke myself up enough to feed the cats and headed up to bed. So, the second evening in the last week when I've gone to bed super early.

Tuesday I did feel more back to normal. However, once a month I have a meeting after work at a community centre and that was on  Tuesday night.

I was done with my work by about 2pm yesterday so I went to the gym on the way home. I did some foam roller, some warm up stuff and then squats, bench press and deadlift. It all went well, it's a shame my right knee gives me a bit of grief, I might look into investigating if it's possible to do anything. Maybe squirt some stem cells in there :)

I'm going to do Insanity in a while before I go to Dungeons and Dragons later.

On 3/15/2019 at 4:03 PM, Mikey Fitpants said:

I forgot I was going to the circus tonight. No workout today then

Do laps of the tiger cage?

― Neil Gaiman

They don't have animals in a circuses these days, but I could have joined in with the tumbling act :)

So, Saturday's plan changed too and had a few drinks in the afternoon and evening, felt a bit washed out yesterday as a result.

I'm off on holiday tomorrow. If I get time I'll try and do some exercise later, but if not then it's all fine.

Hello All

I've been away on holiday to Benidorm, must get back into the swing of things again.

Talking of swing - I had the parkour class last night. I was pretty rubbish but I'm old and so won't pick up complex movements as quick as someone younger. I gave it my bet shot though. Unexpectedly though, swinging around on bars is seriously painful on the palms of your hands. One person actually made his hand bleed. I'm always up for trying new things but not to the point where it causes injury, and I really didn't want to damage my hands too much. But I think I'll give it another try. If it becomes a regular thing then Friday nights will either be poker or parkour - how cool is that from a words point of view :) :) 

Right then. So the dreaded germs finally got a good hold of me last Sunday so I've been full of cold all week and I've not started back with any exercise yet. And I feel crap - all tired and sluggish and not how I like to feel.

So, I need to get my shit together and get back into the swing of things. It can be hard to get started again when you don't feel like you have much oomph

Had a bit of a busy week last week, didn't manage to get my daily routines back on track yet.

I have a load of stuff in my bedroom - I had a friend help me clear out a room full of crap on Saturday. We split stuff into rubbish, keepsakes, stuff to be sold. All the keepsake stuff got put in my bedroom with the intention that I then move it up into the roof. So, I must get that done tonight, plus change the bedclothes too.

I have to take my sister to the hospital tomorrow night, after that I'm going to do Insanity Fast and Furious. I will report back tomorrow night hopefully having achieved these three things (move keepsakes, freshen bed, workout).

Please please kick my cyber butt if I don't - I need to get going again. I need some accountability

Looks like I missed a ton, did you get yourself up and going again after your illness?

Don't feel guilty if you're still sluggish for a while after. Sometimes these things take a while to bounce back from. 

I hope your sister is okay.

• Like 1

― Neil Gaiman

On 4/29/2019 at 6:41 AM, Kestrel Grey said:

Looks like I missed a ton, did you get yourself up and going again after your illness?

Don't feel guilty if you're still sluggish for a while after. Sometimes these things take a while to bounce back from. 

I hope your sister is okay.

Hi Kestrel. I am only just getting going again after being ill. For saying it wasn't the worst cold/illness ever I'm surprised how tough it has been to get back into a good place. When you work/try fairly hard to get yourself into better shape etc and then something knocks you off that level you then need to clamber back on top of things. I don't know if it's my age, or something more underlying from being under the weather but that sense of weariness as you prepare to get back on top of things yet again can just seem so hard to shake off . Also, I think letting diet get poor puts you in this daft trap where you eat rubbish but can only be bothered to eat more rubbish.

Another thing is that my back has been giving me a bit of trouble too. Not as bad as it has been in the past but I think it was enough to be there throughout the day and I think that tends to have a draining effect on my energy and my mood. I made the effort to do some simple back exercises yesterday and I'm almost embarrassed/ashamed that it seems to have helped so easily because I had been telling myself for days that I needed to do them.

Anyway. hopefully I'm back on the up. I've got my diet back under control for the last three days, and I did Insanity Fast and Furious last night. Come on, I can do this :)

• Like 1