• Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Adaptation is What Rangers do Best! Tanktimus Deals With a New Schedule

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

 

herHead.jpg

That thought occured to me, although it's not what I had in mind. 

8 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

 

All hail the warrior princess of the Rebellion!! To you this day we pledge our weapons and our fellowship; and may you grow up joyful and strong under the protection of our noble chaplain and his lovely lady, knowing how much you are loved already by dozens of mighty Rangers! 

 

tumblr_ogwqw6dmyg1s1rwswo2_500.gif  

D'awwwwwww.

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Indeed..

 

People also ramble and repeat themselves when they're trying to avoid a certain subject or working up the nerve to talk about something.

 

Always a relieve :) I haven't had a baby boy so I can't really compare, but baby girls are the best!

And some people are just easily distracted and the story bounces around as their attention does. I know some good hearted people who need some gentle correction to keep on the track of a story. The difference is they actually have a point they are trying to make and get easily distracted. With them, it's communication issues and difficulty staying on one track when telling a story. The trick to telling the difference is that they usually let you know what story they are trying to tell before they get distracted, and when someone points out they have drifted they come right back. Others feel the need to include every detail ever in the history of ever, so they feel compelled to tell you 8 other stories to tell you then one story they started out to tell, and sometimes the two I described interweave. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

That thought occured to me, although it's not what I had in mind.  

 

More of a movie fan? I can respect that.

 

giphy.gif

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

 

More of a movie fan? I can respect that.

 

giphy.gif

Actually, I'm woefully unexposed to Tank Girl in any incarnation.

2 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Awesome news!  Firstborn daughters are a gift! ;)

I'm just happy the kid is healthy. The nice thing about being a 21st century parent is the gender of the child isn't important when it comes to passing along my nerdy interests, the kid will like it or not independent of gender.

  • Like 7

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Baby Tank Girl, it's PERFECT, congrats you guys!!!!!! AAAAAA BABIES GOSH I'm so glad everything is looking good!!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, shaar said:

Baby Tank Girl, it's PERFECT, congrats you guys!!!!!! AAAAAA BABIES GOSH I'm so glad everything is looking good!!

Thank you!

 

Today is a good day. I did the NF Beginner Bodyweight workout for the first time since January. It didn't feel good to do the workout, but it felt good to be done with the workout. I've worked out three times this week, a best for this challenge. It's nice to have some momentum to roll into zero week.

  • Like 12

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I heard someone was dissing Taco Bell >.>

 

like yeah, it’s cheap crappy food, but... I still love it :] maybe that says something about me lol. 

 

On 3/7/2019 at 9:12 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I suspect the food tastes better when

 

you’re a poor graduate student ;) 

 

On 3/7/2019 at 9:49 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

In other news, we got the results of genetic testing back, no abnormalities, and it's a girl! In light of that news, baby Tank is now, for the purposes of the forums, Tank Girl.

 

Yayyyy! I’m glad she’s healthy ^_^ Tank Girl is gonna have the biggest battalion of bodyguards ever xD

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Shadri said:

I heard someone was dissing Taco Bell >.>

 

like yeah, it’s cheap crappy food, but... I still love it :] maybe that says something about me lol. 

 

 

you’re a poor graduate student ;) 

 

 

Yayyyy! I’m glad she’s healthy ^_^ Tank Girl is gonna have the biggest battalion of bodyguards ever xD

What it says about you is that you like Taco Bell. There was one across the street from my seminary, and I wasn't above getting something there when I was broke and hungry. I'm not saying people can't like Taco Bell, just that I dispute it being the #1 Mexican restaurant in the country.

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

What it says about you is that you like Taco Bell. There was one across the street from my seminary, and I wasn't above getting something there when I was broke and hungry. I'm not saying people can't like Taco Bell, just that I dispute it being the #1 Mexican restaurant in the country.

 

Fair enough :P 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

What it says about you is that you like Taco Bell. There was one across the street from my seminary, and I wasn't above getting something there when I was broke and hungry. I'm not saying people can't like Taco Bell, just that I dispute it being the #1 Mexican restaurant in the country.

 

To be fair, that is a little bit like saying McDonalds is the biggest burger restaurant in the country. Technically correct, but it stretches the term "restaurant" further than most people are willing to do.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/6/2019 at 6:53 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

A therapist once told me that people who never shut up sometimes do so because they fear if they ever stop talking they'll never be heard.

 

As someone who a) talks to much and b) is often not heard (I’ve been known to have an entire conversation with myself when my family is not hearing me)  this was a lightbulb moment.  But, I am tired of being told “I didn’t hear you” or “you didn’t say that”.

 

On 3/7/2019 at 8:49 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Tank Girl.

 

Yee-haw.  This is just perfect.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 3/9/2019 at 1:50 PM, Shadri said:

 

Fair enough :P 

:D 

On 3/9/2019 at 5:17 PM, scalyfreak said:

 

To be fair, that is a little bit like saying McDonalds is the biggest burger restaurant in the country. Technically correct, but it stretches the term "restaurant" further than most people are willing to do.

Exactly.

7 hours ago, Rinna said:

 

As someone who a) talks to much and b) is often not heard (I’ve been known to have an entire conversation with myself when my family is not hearing me)  this was a lightbulb moment.  But, I am tired of being told “I didn’t hear you” or “you didn’t say that”.

 

 

Yee-haw.  This is just perfect.

Perhaps the issue sometimes is that people who don't feel heard don't know what to do when someone actually listens to them?

6 hours ago, darkfoxx said:

Yaaaaaaaaaayyyyyyyyyyyy Tank Girl!!!! emoji7.pngemoji7.pngemoji7.png


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tank you very much!

 

New challenge forums are live!

 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
47 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Perhaps the issue sometimes is that people who don't feel heard don't know what to do when someone actually listens to them?

 

It's such a rarity for me that I don't know how to react when it does happen...

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now