• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Adaptation is What Rangers do Best! Tanktimus Deals With a New Schedule

On 1/31/2019 at 3:05 PM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Now I get to find a new routine.

You know I totally get this feeling. Supporting and following along, buddy. Let me know if I can help in any way.

giphy.gif 

• Like 1

It's all a learning experience - just you knowing to be mindful about it is a huge battle!!  You'll totally get there!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

The sensation of feeling "Satisfied" is still elusive to me.

I'm in much the same place.  I know I've gotten to that Satisfied point a few times, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get there consistently.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Wolfen said:

You know I totally get this feeling. Supporting and following along, buddy. Let me know if I can help in any way.

giphy.gif 

Thanks man.

5 hours ago, RuthixCube said:

Following :) 

Welcome.

2 hours ago, shaar said:

It's all a learning experience - just you knowing to be mindful about it is a huge battle!!  You'll totally get there!

I appreciate that. The trick is to stay focused.

2 hours ago, Cardinal_22 said:

Congrats!!

Thank you.

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I'm in much the same place.  I know I've gotten to that Satisfied point a few times, but I'm still trying to figure out how to get there consistently.

Recognizing the sensation is one thing, then choosing to stop is an even bigger thing.

Today is a good day. I did Yoga, which I really needed to work out some janky stuff. I'm working on Laundry and about to cook. I'm going to roast some pork tenderloin with carrots, parsnips and brussels sprouts. 

• Like 12

... you can take your own brain out of your head and make it grin?

That ... actually kind of does describe what you do here ...

I need to go think about this ...  :o 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, SkyGirl said:

... you can take your own brain out of your head and make it grin?

That ... actually kind of does describe what you do here ...

I need to go think about this ...  :o 

I was just trying to post a "mind blown" gif.

• Haha 1

Woo! Congrats on the big news!

Spoiler

You know, the other day I was just thinking about that contraception stats discussion over at Deffy's, and wondering how I felt about 88% effective. ;)

You will now know that special time in every man's life when he stops to smell the lilacs, falls backwards in time, assumes a new name, and arrives naked at the doctor's door twice.

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, fleaball said:

Hooray baby! Congrats~

Thanks!

Just now, sarakingdom said:

Woo! Congrats on the big news!

Hide contents

You know, the other day I was just thinking about that contraception stats discussion over at Deffy's, and wondering how I felt about 88% effective. ;)

You will now know that special time in every man's life when he stops to smell the lilacs, falls backwards in time, assumes a new name, and arrives naked at the doctor's door twice.

Spoiler

This was on purpose. :) 

It has been a while since I've started a revolution.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It has been a while since I've started a revolution. 

You do manage one every day. And spend a lot of time mentoring cops. Just don't go out for any rat pies before the happy event, if you know what I mean.

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sarakingdom said:

You do manage one every day. And spend a lot of time mentoring cops. Just don't go out for any rat pies before the happy event, if you know what I mean.

I've never seen myself as Vimes. When I consider The Watch, I always consider myself as a Fan-Fic self-insert character, maybe the Chaplain who's affiliated with the Temple of Small Gods.

8 hours ago, Calibre said:

Here for all the successes and congratulations!!9cb6cb645e02e616a593ff78dd11243b.gif

Thanks!

6 hours ago, raptron said:

CONGRATS ON EXPECTING!!

THANK YOU IT IS SO AWESOME

2 hours ago, CourtnieMarie said:

last night's dinner sounds awesome! but also lots of veg prep work :lol:

It really wasn't. All I did was chop charrots and parsnips and cut the bigger sprouts in half. I put all that on a baking sheet lined with foil and added avocado oil, salt, pepper, a dash of garlic powder, and some balsamic vinegar. I mixed all that together and put it in the onion.

Today is a good day. I went to Police Headquarters and sat with our Chaplain Coordinator and the Liason from the Chief's office for a preliminary meeting about rewriting our SOP (Standard Operating Procedure). It hasn't been updated in a long time and we are going to drag our program kicking and screaming into the 21st century rewrite it to meet the current needs of the program. I had a late lunch and planned to come home and work out, but I'm feeling some tightness in my lungs. I'm concerned my body is fighting off something, I felt a little weird yesterday, and I haven't slept well the last couple nights (congestion plus high humidity that made even normal temperatures feel warm) so I'm gonna take it easy. Skipping a workout doesn't seem like a good thing, but making myself sick is clearly a bad thing. Oh well.

Dinner today is going to be "Comfort Food." It's something Sra. Tanque's mother used to make. I'm going to make a double batch.

I'm gonna brown and season two pounds of ground beef (using salt, pepper, and probably a little red wine vinegar). I'm then gonna add 1 lb frozen peas and warm them up. I'm then gonna make some brown gravy from a mix and add that in (I have enough mix for four cups of gravy, I'm gonna make two and see if that looks like enough). We're gonna serve that over white rice, that I'm going to make fairly straightforward with salt, pepper, and butter.

• Like 14

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Skipping a workout doesn't seem like a good thing, but making myself sick is clearly a bad thing. Oh well.

I know there are varying schools of thought on working out while sick, and I see more people writing in favor of it than against it; but I personally have always come down on the side of resting when I don't feel well. I figure my body is giving me signals about tiredness and lack of energy for a reason, and it doesn't make sense to me to push it to give from already limited resources and possibly take more energy than my immune system than spare.

giphy.gif

Or rather, your mileage may vary.  :D 

• Like 2

BABY TANK BABY TANK BABY TANK AHHHH

I was actually thinking about people I know who might have babies in the near future, and I found myself wondering about you! And now you're having a baby!?!? Dude, CONGRATULATIONS!! 

• Like 1

On 2/5/2019 at 4:34 AM, shaar said:

eats cereal right out of the box with her hands*

On 2/5/2019 at 6:59 AM, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

What's wrong with eating cereal out of a box with one's hands?

That’s the only way to eat it.  Unless it’s in a glass......

I’m curious.  If you can’t answer, that’s cool. Did you know about Baby Tank before the accident, or did you find out after?  I knew someone that found out at the ER after a car accident......

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Shadri said:

That sounds delicious! If you made mashed potatoes it’d be shepherds pie... mmm

I hope you feel better soon!

Thanks. I've made a smiliar version with mashed potatoes before.

3 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

I know there are varying schools of thought on working out while sick, and I see more people writing in favor of it than against it; but I personally have always come down on the side of resting when I don't feel well. I figure my body is giving me signals about tiredness and lack of energy for a reason, and it doesn't make sense to me to push it to give from already limited resources and possibly take more energy than my immune system than spare.

giphy.gif

Or rather, your mileage may vary.  :D 

I have enough experience with lung issues (Asthma since before I can remember) to know I wasn't gonna have the wind for a workout. Yoga yesterday left me pretty wiped, enough to make me suspect something was wrong. I did the right thing.

2 hours ago, NeverThatBored said:

BABY TANK BABY TANK BABY TANK AHHHH

I was actually thinking about people I know who might have babies in the near future, and I found myself wondering about you! And now you're having a baby!?!? Dude, CONGRATULATIONS!! 

Could you wonder about me having enough money to retire this month?

2 hours ago, Rinna said:

That’s the only way to eat it.  Unless it’s in a glass......

I’m curious.  If you can’t answer, that’s cool. Did you know about Baby Tank before the accident, or did you find out after?  I knew someone that found out at the ER after a car accident......

We did know. We took a home test with a positive on New Years Eve. We had been trying and were suspicious, so Sra. Tanque took a test to know if we need to limit ourselves to G-Rated drinks that night. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1