• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Adaptation is What Rangers do Best! Tanktimus Deals With a New Schedule

I can't read your thread without this big, dumb grin on my face ever since I saw the news. :) Congratulations.

Anyway, just checking in to say that you're awesome, but might stick around for awesome recipes and general wisdom.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, scalyfreak said:

Well, we could have had a better start than we did this morning, but I'm cautiously optimistic things will improve from here. :)

Your attitude has far more bearing on the outcome than the circumstances. 

8 minutes ago, Kishi said:

I can't read your thread without this big, dumb grin on my face ever since I saw the news. :) Congratulations.

Anyway, just checking in to say that you're awesome, but might stick around for awesome recipes and general wisdom.

Thank you, and welcome. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Your attitude has far more bearing on the outcome than the circumstances.

Well, crap.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Well, crap.

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news.

Today is a good day. Had a meeting at work where we discussed the new schedule change (it affects more than me). It won't go into effect for a few weeks. I had a cavity fixed, and will need a crown to protect a tooth that's in danger of splitting. Still no workout, though I could still get one in.

• Like 8

32 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Still no workout, though I could still get one in.

I'm in the same boat today.  I'll do one if you will.  ;-)

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Cheetah said:

I'm in the same boat today.  I'll do one if you will.  ;-)

You may not want to hitch your wagon to my team. I have a headache so bad it made me throw up this morning. Driving an hour to the far hospital was not fun. I'm not feverish, however, so no justification to stay home, though if I hurl again I'm not above leaving early.

• Like 1
  • Sad 3

23 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

You may not want to hitch your wagon to my team. I have a headache so bad it made me throw up this morning. Driving an hour to the far hospital was not fun. I'm not feverish, however, so no justification to stay home, though if I hurl again I'm not above leaving early.

My mom suffers from migraines.  Hurling is always, always part of the program.  Dark room,  no sound,  no light, no food was her only option.  She took meds, but still had to just ride it out.  It sucks.  Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Rinna said:

My mom suffers from migraines.  Hurling is always, always part of the program.  Dark room,  no sound,  no light, no food was her only option.  She took meds, but still had to just ride it out.  It sucks.  Hope you feel better soon.

While not unpleasant, it wasn't a migraine. Light and sound didn't really bother me. I do feel better now.

5 hours ago, Kishi said:

Well. That's no good. :( Feel better soon!

Thanks. Not 100%, but better.

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

I'm sorry to hear you are feeling poorly.  I hope it gets better soon!

It did.

I finally started feeling better about an hour ago. I was still able to see patients and get stuff done. (The nice thing about the far hospital is that it is small). Some strong coffee finally helped. Coffee good. I approve of coffee. 

• Like 11

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Coffee good. I approve of coffee

giphy.gif

Very glad you're feeling better.  :D 

• Like 3

Sorry about the headache, but also....WOW! I just swung by this thread and CONGRATS on the big news!

Do we have a cute NF nickname for baby tank yet? Tanquecito??

• Like 1

4 hours ago, NicTheRugger said:

That headache sure sounds like a doozy. I'm glad you're feeling better!

It was bad, I'm glad too!

2 hours ago, SkyGirl said:

giphy.gif

Very glad you're feeling better.  :D 

That's...not how you use a french press. Someone must like those grounds in their coffee ;) 

2 hours ago, RES said:

Caffeine is good for getting rid of headaches :) 

Glad you're feeling better!

Thanks, me too.

1 hour ago, Xena said:

Sorry about the headache, but also....WOW! I just swung by this thread and CONGRATS on the big news!

Do we have a cute NF nickname for baby tank yet? Tanquecito??

Baby Tank for now.

58 minutes ago, scalyfreak said:

I think we settled on Tanklet?

I won't mind if people use Tanklet, but you'll all forgive me if I keep using Baby Tank.

• Like 5

2 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I won't mind if people use Tanklet, but you'll all forgive me if I keep using Baby Tank.

Baby Tank it is. 

Side note: What I mistook as poor attitude in the other person yesterday, turned out to be a side-effect of dealing with very tumultuous events in their personal life. Now I'm really glad I made every effort to stay positive! You get full credit for helping me remember how important that is. :) 

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Aaaaaah!!!! Baby!!!!! Exciting!!!!! :D I’m over here with a big grin on my face after listening to your video. 

Hope your new work situation &c goes well. :panda: 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

Baby Tank it is. 

Side note: What I mistook as poor attitude in the other person yesterday, turned out to be a side-effect of dealing with very tumultuous events in their personal life. Now I'm really glad I made every effort to stay positive! You get full credit for helping me remember how important that is. :) 

I'm glad it worked out for you!

1 hour ago, Shadri said:

Aaaaaah!!!! Baby!!!!! Exciting!!!!! :D I’m over here with a big grin on my face after listening to your video. 

Hope your new work situation &c goes well. :panda: 

Thanks!

Today is a good day. Still no workout, but not worth beating myself up over.

I did cook.

I roasted baby golden potatoes I had split in half. I seasoned them with avocado oil, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and powdered garlic. I mixed that and put it in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. At the 30 minute mark I added broccoli florets, on which I drizzled a little oil and sprinkled some salt. I stirred that in with the potatoes and put it all back in the oven for another 20 minutes.

Meanwhile I diced a white onion and sliced a red, yellow, and an orange bell pepper. I sauteed that with minced garlic, avocado oil, salt, pepper, paprika and rice vinegar. I eventually added in sliced beef and brisket sausage. I added 1/2 c heavy cream (leftover from another recipe, the creamy pork tenderloin in fact) and a little over 1/2 tbsp flour (the 1/2 tbsp wasn't enough, so I sprinkled in more). I stirred and cooked, adding in peeled deveined medium shrimp. About the time that was ready the veggies were done. It was really good.

• Like 10

34 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I roasted baby golden potatoes I had split in half. I seasoned them with avocado oil, white wine vinegar, salt, pepper, smoked paprika, and powdered garlic. I mixed that and put it in a 400 degree oven for 30 minutes. At the 30 minute mark I added broccoli florets, on which I drizzled a little oil and sprinkled some salt. I stirred that in with the potatoes and put it all back in the oven for another 20 minutes.

I do these without the broccoli, and with different spices. I'm going to have to try this version!

(Instead of broccoli I sometimes do carrots - cut into chunks, toss chunks in live oil, garlic salt and pepper. then add them to the potatoes oven at the halfway mark. Very tasty.)

• Like 2

On 2/22/2019 at 5:29 PM, scalyfreak said:

I do these without the broccoli, and with different spices. I'm going to have to try this version!

(Instead of broccoli I sometimes do carrots - cut into chunks, toss chunks in live oil, garlic salt and pepper. then add them to the potatoes oven at the halfway mark. Very tasty.)

I've done carrots with potatoes before, also quite good.

Today is a good day. My asthma is still bothering me, but it's manageable. Boy did I cook today.

I took some lamb rib chops and rubbed them with olive oil, then seasoned them with Himalayan Pink Salt and fresh cracked pepper on both sides. I then let it warm up to room temp on the counter and absorb the salt while we watched an episode of Cheers. I then melted a tablespoon of butter in a skillet and cooked the lamb chops in that. While that was cooking I tossed a Caesar salad kit. When the lamb was done I cooked some asparagus in the same skillet with some added salt, pepper, and rice vinegar. It was all incredible. The lamb was delectable and the asparagus was perfect. Butter is good, butter is life.

• Like 10

15 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Butter is good, butter is life.

ACTUAL FACT.  Once I started using Kerrygold I never looked back.

• Like 3

Good Lord. Are you a trained chef? Have you been trained? Do you just have Good Eats on as background noise in your home? (this is a good life choice if so).

• Like 2

On 2/24/2019 at 9:43 AM, shaar said:

ACTUAL FACT.  Once I started using Kerrygold I never looked back.

That's good butter.

2 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Sjoe, you've had a difficult week. From work to teeth, to headache, to asthma. Hope this is going to be a much better week.

Thanks, me too.

8 minutes ago, Kishi said:

Good Lord. Are you a trained chef? Have you been trained? Do you just have Good Eats on as background noise in your home? (this is a good life choice if so).

No, I just know where to get good recipies. Lately allrecipes.com has been my go to. I just really enjoy eating and most of the time I enjoy cooking. The sausage and shrimp was out of my own head, as was the lamb.

I made Biryani last night from this recipe.

https://www.allrecipes.com/recipe/246559/biryani-with-yogurt-marinated-chicken/

I only made half the rice. The rice didn't cook as well as they said it would, but it was still good. I didn't have Tika Masala so I just used coconut milk and curry powder. The pork tendrloin was from there as well. This recipe was complicated enough I didn't want to have to write it out.

• Like 8