• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Tanktimus the Encourager

Adaptation is What Rangers do Best! Tanktimus Deals With a New Schedule

Mmm Tank food descs.   Never a disappointment.

Always good to inspire the next round of Starpucking the Kitchen.

Glad to hear the headache didn't linger too long.  :)

Gotta admit, I may have gone with "Tanker Tot" on initial impulse.  :D

• Like 2
  • Haha 3

Belated congratulations!

It's actually non-trivial to find "Baby Tank" images that are 1) funny, 2) clean, and 3) not about vaping (who knew?) 

I give you one feeble attempt.  I am not worthy.  Yes, I technically know it is "Choppa Baby":

mkLAKmH7pDqf.jpg

• Like 3

On 2/25/2019 at 3:50 PM, KB Girl said:

Bit late to the party, but what a lovely sound <3

Must be a nice feeling to have the birth centre already picked out! 

It is!

1 hour ago, Starpuck said:

Mmm Tank food descs.   Never a disappointment.

Always good to inspire the next round of Starpucking the Kitchen.

Glad to hear the headache didn't linger too long.  :)

Gotta admit, I may have gone with "Tanker Tot" on initial impulse.  :D

Tanker Tot sounds like a lot of fun, it would for sure get an honorable mention.

15 minutes ago, Moros said:

Belated congratulations!

It's actually non-trivial to find "Baby Tank" images that are 1) funny, 2) clean, and 3) not about vaping (who knew?) 

I give you one feeble attempt.  I am not worthy.  Yes, I technically know it is "Choppa Baby":

mkLAKmH7pDqf.jpg

With Babies, you can do cute and forgo funny.

Today is a good day. Did laundry and did yoga, which was the first workout in longer than I care to contemplate. It felt good to work up a sweat and work out some kinks that had developed over the course of being sedentary for a while. No cooking today, we have our small group.

• Like 12

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It felt good to work up a sweat and work out some kinks that had developed over the course of being sedentary for a while.

That sounds good!

• Like 2

22 hours ago, Xena said:

That sounds good!

It was good!

8 hours ago, Cheetah said:

giphy.gif

That's awesome!

6 hours ago, Rinna said:

I’ve never seen my bears do that......

That's because they know you are watching.

Today is a good day. Sra Tanque had the day off and it's my normal day off. We picked up her car from the body shop. If you have forgotten about the wreck I'll forgive you, it happened on January 11th. We also got the oil changed in my truck and had an appointment at the birth center. We also went grocery shopping. It was a full day. I may or may not cook, but I'm planning on the NF Beginner Body Weight workout at some point tonight.

• Like 12

On 2/28/2019 at 1:14 AM, WhiteGhost said:

Wow, it took them a long time to get the car fixed

Yeah, they said every time they thought they were getting close to being done something else popped up.

4 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

You've gotta catch them right after a shower.

Not many bears hang around when I shower.

Today is a good day. Still no workout, but I cooked. I marinated some top sirloin and cooked that in a skillet with some mashed potatoes and some peas. It wasn't bad, but not worth typing out the long version. I was happy with it. I could have worked out but opted not to for no other reason than I wanted to goof off. I'm paying for it, I feel some soreness that comes when you've only worked out twice in as many weeks. 

• Like 9

On 3/2/2019 at 2:00 PM, KB Girl said:

I know the feeling! as long as you had a good time goofing off, there can be value in that.

The goofing off was mindless and not restorative, so I don't think there was a lot of value.

8 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Glad you got the car back, and life seems to carry on, on an even keel for most parts.

Thanks.

The weekend was good. I didn't work out, but I did stretch some last night. I "cooked" Saturday, which means I put a frozen lasagna in the oven and mixed up a salad kit. Not beating myself up or anything, just acknowledging how easy it was. It was really good lasagna. I had a good intuitive eating weekend though. Saturday night when I got home from work I was hungry, and so was Sra. Tanque, so I made us some fried egg sandwiches and I topped it off with ice cream. I was actually hungry, and that's what I wanted. Then yesterday we had stuff going on at church and didn't eat lunch till 2 pm. We went to panera bread and I got what I wanted, and I wasn't hungry till almost 9pm, so that's when we had dinner. It was another fried egg sandwhich each, now featuring BACON. While the workouts may be sporadic, I do want to celebrate the integration of IE principles, that's an important win for me. Also on headspace stuff, I realized going in to work Friday and Saturday I just didn't care about stuff that had been bugging me about the job. This was not a passive-agressive I-choose-not-to-care-to-make-a-point, nor was it a burnout I-have-lost-the-ability-to-care apathy, neither was it an I'm-depressed-and-can't-care kind of thing. Rather, it felt like I was simply free from the worry of it. Some thoughts keep popping up, but I can let them go because I'm free from bothering about it. It feels like a positive letting-go rather than a negative giving-up. It made work easier. The sermon series that started this week at church was about Declaring war. I thought it was going to be about spiritual warfare, but it's about war with our own negative thoughts. The pastor used a Teddy Roosevelt example and (of particular interest to @Wolfen, @RhiaWolfe, @Wolfpool, and @PrincessMononoke) suggested we summon our inner wolf.

• Like 12

I’m glad that intuitive eating has been going so well for you! That’s awesome. :panda: 

It’s also good to hear that you’ve been able to move past the work issues.

That sounds like a really interesting sermon series.

• Like 1

The headspace stuff sounds like a huge win. Worrying less about work leave more energy for other things.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I thought it was going to be about spiritual warfare, but it's about war with our own negative thoughts. The pastor used a Teddy Roosevelt example and (of particular i

Well, those things can be the same. :smile-new:

• Like 1

The goofing off was mindless and not restorative, so I don't think there was a lot of value.

I respectfully call bullshit.

Mindless goofing off can be incredibly restorative, as long as it's done in moderation and with the right person. You did mindless goofing off. Then you went in to work, and this happened:

Also on headspace stuff, I realized going in to work Friday and Saturday I just didn't care about stuff that had been bugging me about the job. This was not a passive-agressive I-choose-not-to-care-to-make-a-point, nor was it a burnout I-have-lost-the-ability-to-care apathy, neither was it an I'm-depressed-and-can't-care kind of thing. Rather, it felt like I was simply free from the worry of it. Some thoughts keep popping up, but I can let them go because I'm free from bothering about it. It feels like a positive letting-go rather than a negative giving-up. It made work easier.

There is no way that was a coincidence. ;) 

• Like 5

17 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

frozen lasagna in the oven

Oh, I've been meaning to tell you about 'lasagna' I've tried with the boys. Because gluten free pasta is expensive this side, and GF lasagna sheets not readily available, I tried the "almost lasagna". Basically make your mince-mix as usual, maybe a tad less saucy. Then top a layer of mince, with a layer of cream cheese. You can almost spread it with a butter knife, if the mince is hot. Then another thin layer of mince, then a layer of cheese to melt. I normally top my cheese with some parsley and nutmeg. Put in the oven to melt the cheese and make sure everything is heated through. Well, we never have leftovers. If you are of a mind to try this sometime.

Oh another thing which you 'taco eating Texans' have caused :D: I found GF taco shells in one of our shops' pasta aisles. Of course it's GF because it's made of corn. Anyway, heated it up in the oven as directed, then filled with my usual mince-mix which has tomatoes, tomato sauce (ketchup) and mixed veg in, topped with cheese. Probably NOT how you guys eat it, but it was also gobbled up. Of course we still don't know how real tacos taste, but it gave us an idea, and is a change on the norm.

18 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

It feels like a positive letting-go rather than a negative giving-up.

Glad to hear this. Good for you.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Shadri said:

I’m glad that intuitive eating has been going so well for you! That’s awesome. :panda: 

It’s also good to hear that you’ve been able to move past the work issues.

That sounds like a really interesting sermon series.

It is. Here's a link to the first one. I copied the link for the timestamp where the sermon starts. The first 26 minutes of the video is our pre roll video, worship, greeting and announcments

21 hours ago, Mad Hatter said:

Love the wins!

Thanks!

12 hours ago, Xena said:

The headspace stuff sounds like a huge win. Worrying less about work leave more energy for other things.

True, it really does. One of the more helpful developments is in how I view people who annoy me. One in particular at church. I first started wondering what in me was reacting to that person that made me so annoyed. I had some working theories, then realized I didn't have to know exactly. I then started praying for that person and I wasn't as annoyed so much. Caring about their well being made them far less annoying. 

11 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Well, those things can be the same. :smile-new:

True. The pastor did make a clear distinction between lies the enemy tells us and things our anxiety brains come up with on their own.

11 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Good to hear that you had a good IE weekend.  Keep it up!

Thank you.

11 hours ago, scalyfreak said:

I respectfully call bullshit.

Mindless goofing off can be incredibly restorative, as long as it's done in moderation and with the right person. You did mindless goofing off. Then you went in to work, and this happened:

There is no way that was a coincidence. ;) 

Hoist by my own petard. I'll go so far as to admit that what came after the goofing off was beneficial. I was playing a video game longer than I thought helpful.

3 hours ago, elizevdmerwe said:

Oh, I've been meaning to tell you about 'lasagna' I've tried with the boys. Because gluten free pasta is expensive this side, and GF lasagna sheets not readily available, I tried the "almost lasagna". Basically make your mince-mix as usual, maybe a tad less saucy. Then top a layer of mince, with a layer of cream cheese. You can almost spread it with a butter knife, if the mince is hot. Then another thin layer of mince, then a layer of cheese to melt. I normally top my cheese with some parsley and nutmeg. Put in the oven to melt the cheese and make sure everything is heated through. Well, we never have leftovers. If you are of a mind to try this sometime.

Oh another thing which you 'taco eating Texans' have caused :D: I found GF taco shells in one of our shops' pasta aisles. Of course it's GF because it's made of corn. Anyway, heated it up in the oven as directed, then filled with my usual mince-mix which has tomatoes, tomato sauce (ketchup) and mixed veg in, topped with cheese. Probably NOT how you guys eat it, but it was also gobbled up. Of course we still don't know how real tacos taste, but it gave us an idea, and is a change on the norm.

Glad to hear this. Good for you.

That meat and cheese mix sounds good. And yes, corn tortillas are gluten free. In fact, in terms of actual Mexican food, corn tortillas are more authentic. Flour tortillas are a sort of Tex-Mex adaptation. Even in San Antonio some people see flour tortillas as a Gringo thing, though that mindset is becoming less common. I prefer flour tortillas. Taco shells are not something I generally enjoy, but a lot of people seem to like them. I will say that even for Tex-Mex they aren't considered authentic, but I'm not the food police. 

• Like 5

35 minutes ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

Taco shells are not something I generally enjoy,

Even when they are made out of Doritos?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

In fact, in terms of actual Mexican food, corn tortillas are more authentic. Flour tortillas are a sort of Tex-Mex adaptation.

I don't know how authentic the Mexican food is up here in the Great White North but I'm all about the soft-shelled corn tortilla tacos. Very tasty.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

True, it really does. One of the more helpful developments is in how I view people who annoy me. One in particular at church. I first started wondering what in me was reacting to that person that made me so annoyed. I had some working theories, then realized I didn't have to know exactly. I then started praying for that person and I wasn't as annoyed so much. Caring about their well being made them far less annoying. 

That's great food for thought! Thank you. 

• Like 1