Ageing yottie grounded in Fiji

Hi everyone, we moved ashore here 6 years ago when my husband got a job.  Then the ship's cat died & I sank into a lengthy depression - I've always been active & a career woman & I REALLY HATE being a housewife. 

So now we've bought a farm on the coast & I'm having a mid-life change of career (at 62) to free-range chicken farmer.  In the meantime my health has declined & I've become really unfit & I don't like it.  I did have rheumatoid arthritis, but I switched to the paleo diet & have been symptom free ever since.  Switching was easy for me, pain is a good motivator to stick to a diet.  I'm now battling asthma & determined to conquer it - as you can see I don't like being sick & I will NOT become an ageing old fossil.  My asthma gets worse the less I do, so I know working out is essential & I've finally found a system that keeps me motivated, mainly because I  just can't resist a challenge.  I've been with Nerd Fitness 3 weeks now & the asthma is improving.

I suppose with my background I ought to be an adventurer, but most of those quests are in my past which seems like cheating somehow, so for now I'll stick as a rebel .

• Like 1

That's fantastic that you are symptom free . I know giving up gluten made joint pain that I had for a long time disappear Way to go on getting moving.

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27