• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Stribs

Stribs Gets Proactive in 2019

1 hour ago, Stribs said:

spontaneous cardio

*childish giggling*

7b85a2f1114175490fcd62ef2cc7108f.jpg

I think changing up your goals to fit your situation rather than your ideal is smart. I know it can feel wrong to not aim for "better" but "better" means nothing if you can't consistently achieve it

• Like 4

Dinner can be so hard, especially after a long day, cooking is the last thing you want to do... you're noticing it though and thinking about it and making a plan, and that rocks!! <3

• Like 1

20 hours ago, Maigs said:

*childish giggling*

:);) I'm glad you get me

20 hours ago, Maigs said:

I think changing up your goals to fit your situation rather than your ideal is smart. I know it can feel wrong to not aim for "better" but "better" means nothing if you can't consistently achieve it

This is really what it came down to.  With hubs trying to fight his way out of depression and me being as busy as I am, putting forth the effort is enough of a challenge right now.  And you know what, I'm probably gonna make macaroni and hotdogs for dinner tonight (with a side of brussel sprouts) because I know we have those things on hand.  And I'm not gonna judge myself that it's unhealthy, I'm just gonna eat a healthy portion and get on with life.  Ha.

20 hours ago, Salinger said:

I like the new goals! GO STRIBS xx

Thanks!  I'm excited to see how we do!!!

19 hours ago, shaar said:

Dinner can be so hard, especially after a long day, cooking is the last thing you want to do... you're noticing it though and thinking about it and making a plan, and that rocks!! <3

I really need to start meal prepping again, but hubs is not a fan of eating the same things over and over...makes it a bit difficult.

12 hours ago, Doe said:

you've got some inspiring goals.  Following along!

Thanks!  Welcome!!

Weekend ended well.  Food was a mess, because we were running errands and went to sonic AND I had a birthday dinner to attend, but it's day 1 of Week 1 and we have hit the reset button.

Today is when the real prioritizing comes into play.  I will have things due all week, and it'll be a juggling act of planning, grading, and hanging out with hubs.  So, my Weekly school schedule is:

Monday: 

Planning Period: Finalize plans for the week, make copies, reset Cartlos as needed

After School: Meetings

At Home: Grade: 1 hour

Tuesday: 

Planning: Review plans/Grade

After School: Organize/Grade

At Home: Nada (Unless dealing with drafts of stuff)

Wednesday: 

Planning: Review plans/Grade

After School: Meetings/Grade

At Home: Grade 1 hour on days we have meetings

Thursday

Planning: Review Plans/Log all grades from the week into the gradebook

After School: Tutoring/Email/Call Parents of kids who are struggling

At Home: Nada

Friday:

Planning: Review Plans/Grade

After School: Organize/Put all files back where they belong

At Home: Grade for an hour

Sat/Sunday:

• Grade for up to 2 hours per day
  • Make preliminary plans for the week

The key to this working will be me not wandering the halls chatting.  This is really where I run into trouble.  I am a social creature and a verbal processor, and sometimes after school you just need to vent.  But I will focus!!  I will grow trees and I will have more time at home!! 

• Like 5

18 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I like how you have planned out your time

It seems to be a strategy that is working for me.  Thanks!!

18 hours ago, Salinger said:

Good solid plans. Excited to see you do well this week :) xx

Thanks!  I think so too!!!

Yesterday after my workout went pretty well.  Hubs dropped me off at work because my car needed an oil change, my first block had a series of station activities that went beautifully, and my Credit Recovery class FINALLY got online.  My 4th block is still slow going, but I feel like we are setting a good foundation, which makes me feel better that we haven't started literature yet.  Because understanding procedures, getting their binders organized, and working on vocabulary, grammar, and a writing sample isn't bad news in the least bit.

I didn't really get to eat lunch due to the set up of the CR class, so I had a yogurt for lunch, but hubs fancied up some ramen and I had a large serving of that, which was delicious.  I kept to my schedule pretty well, except I graded for an extra hour or so, but it was all 1 assignment and it needed a 1 day turn around so my kids could edit in class today.  I'm trying to stay caught up because I'm going out of town this weekend with a few friends and don't want to have TONS to do when I get back.

After I finished grading I chatted with a friend online and watched hubs play a videogame until I went to bed and did my meditating.  All in all, a pretty solid day.

Today, I got up and did my workout, which consisted of a three minute plank broken up however you needed to (I did three 1 minute planks).  Then I did some yoga and some stretches.

If I'm being honest, I'm really enjoying this program, but I am really missing my weights.  I'm tempted to go and get myself a 20 lbs KB and use the NF KB workout alongside this one, especially on days like today when the workout was so short.  I might check craigslist or facebook market to see if anyone ids trying to get rid of any weights.

Today will be more of the same, but I have therapy after work.  Have a great day!!!

• Like 3

So, yesterday was a bit of a mixed bag.  Overall, the day was good, then when I got home after therapy, there was a bit of frustration and anxiety that boiled over into bedtime.  Thank God for sleep meditations, I was able to get to bed on time, then I woke up around 2 am because the dogs were licking and scratching and had managed to steal all my covers and hubs was snoring SO loud (I woke him up twice) and I couldn't get back to sleep and I was starting to rehash all my anxious thoughts, so I just went out to the couch, put on another meditation, and by then 2nd one I was back asleep.  When my alarm went off at 5, I skipped workout to opt for that sleep I hadn't gotten, earlier, and got my 45 minutes back.  No regrets.

Food: 2/5: Yesterday was another day I didn't get lunch.  So I stopped and got a quesadilla on my way to therapy (I was starving) and hubs made macaroni and sausage for dinner, and I had a small helping.  I calculated my calories, and they are at around 1700 (keeping a rough count as a guide). The quesadilla was like 800, and the macaroni was somewhere between 600 and 700, so I was within calories, and while I ate out for "lunch," hubs cooked dinner, so I'm counting it.

Workouts: 2/5

School Schedule: Sticking to the grading, but I need to organize before school today.

Selfcare: 2/7 LOTS OF MEDITATION

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Great job on the meditation :) im slacking with it. 

Hope you are ok today xx

Thanks, yesterday was fine and I slept much better.

No time for a huge long update today, so I'm just going to cut to the chase:

Food: 2/5: We got pizza yesterday because it was our pre valentine's day treat to ourselves (we never go out on the actual day). I did eat my lunch, which was compliant :) 

Workout: 3/5: I got up this morning and did 3 sets of this.  I wanted to do more, but my ankles were tight, and especially the high knees were pretty wobbly and suspect, so I cut it off.  Still a good sweat though.

School Schedule: I did NOT grade after school like I was supposed to because I got chatty...but I did do my home grading and my planning period stuff.

Self Care: 4/7: Meditation is keeping me up on this right now.  I really need to read and journal more.

• Like 2

Hey guys. TGIF!!!!

Nothing really to report here.  Nothing terribly exciting going on, just gearing up for girl's weekend where there will be food and drink abounding.  I'm still planning on doing my workout in the air bnb tomorrow morning, and I actually switched around a few days because I was feeling HELLA lazy today when I got up, so instead of the arm blasting circuit that I was supposed to be, I did the 200 jumping jacks I was supposed to do in two days.  Karma got me for cheating with an ab cramp around the 150 mark, but I finished...I was just not very comfortable.  So, the universe has spoken and I will blast my arms tomorrow.  This also means I can't be hella hungover...so there's that (will help my drinking calories stay low too...as girl's weekend = boozy wonderland at the beach).  Probably won't update until Monday morning, but the good news is that we ARE planning on cooking at the house, so I can probably still keep to my goals :) 

Food: 2.5/5: Yesterday was a bit of a disaster.  I left my lunch on the counter, so all there was to eat at school were Valentine's day treats (all sweets except 1 veggie tray) brought in by parents, that were set up at 9am IN THE SAME ROOM I HAD TO SIT IN TIL 10:10 because I don't actually have a classroom.  I resisted temptation until lunchtime (thank you IF willpower) and I had a handful of carrots, a mini brownie, and a piece of marbled cake.  I thought I did pretty well until I had to go back in there later and had 2 more cookies...  Dinner was leftover pizza from yesterday, so I gave myself a .5 because technically we bought it, but also technically, it came from my fridge the 2nd time.  I am eating like my body is a garbage can.  Today's lunch is a small portion of sausage mac, oranges and pineapple, and steamed veggies. I just have to remember to take it!!

Workout: 4/5: 200 jumping jacks and one hella bad cramp later, I've learned my lesson about rearranging workouts ;) .  No yoga or stretches today

School: Had tutoring yesterday and did some planning on the section of Hamlet I'm teaching today.  I did not log grades, so I will try to catch up on that this morning.

Self care: 5/5: Once again, meditation for the win.

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Stribs said:

I just have to remember to take it!!

I always hate when I've made a proper lunch and then leave it at home.  Of course, it's still there the next day, but somehow it's not the same.

• Like 1

On 2/15/2019 at 5:22 PM, Cheetah said:

I always hate when I've made a proper lunch and then leave it at home.  Of course, it's still there the next day, but somehow it's not the same.

It is the most frustrating.  What I ended up doing was buying a bag of frozen, grilled chicken strips and a few boxes of steamable veggies, and I threw them in the freezer at work.  Boom.  Tasty, healthy emergency lunches.

On 2/16/2019 at 8:50 AM, Salinger said:

You rule!!!!!x

Thanks!  It felt good to stick to my plan!!

On 2/16/2019 at 4:31 PM, Echoceanic said:

It seems like you're doing great. That balance of pushing yourself but not overwhelming yourself is hard to strike. 

Indeed.  It's funny, I definitely cut a shit ton of out what I was measuring this challenge because I was trying to do too much (as per usual)

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

Hope your break was awesome :) xx

About that.... (see story below)

So, girls' weekend was AWESOME. HOWEVER our air bnb situation got a bit crazy when we had to call the cops Saturday night because these three people showed up at the house saying their 'find my phone' app was pinging on the house and basically insinuating we stole it and refusing to leave and threatening to call the cops (we did not let them in).

So I called the non emergency line because I didn't want the situation to escalate and while I did that, my friend who made the booking called the airbnb host who FREAKED OUT AND YELLED AT MY FRIEND demanding we call the cops back and tell them not to come due to the fact that she was illegally subletting her home (it was a rental...we had no idea) and she would get evicted if her landlord found out. She wanted to just send get neighbor over, claiming she lived in a 'safe' place where things like this did not happen.

giphy.gif

Long story short, fuck that, I refused to call off the cops (but it turns out the people had called them on us too anyway) and they showed up and saw that obviously were not phone thieves (we hadn't left the house all day because it was raining and we had wine and 90's movies on netflix) and got the people to leave. Thank goodness. The lady ended up calling back not really apologizing for treating my friend like shit (she offered us leftover vegetable soup at 10pm and said she wished we had called her first) but we still reported the whole thing to airbnb because she was trying to get us to lie to police (tell them we were her friends, tell them they weren't needed, etc) and she was illegally subletting. If you're going to do shit like that, you take on the risks of shit hitting the fan, and it wasn't our fault to begin with.

Beyond that, super fun time.

Anyhoo, we did cook while we were there (everyone brought groceries for 1 meal) and I got my workout in.  My friend was even nice enough to listen to my meditations with me since we were sharing a bed.  And I caught on my grading when I got back Sunday afternoon.

Week 1 totals:

Food: 4.5/5: We went out for a really nice seafood dinner yesterday, and the steamer bucket it was totally worth not getting the .5 that I needed.  Definitely a great date night.

Workouts: 5/5: Woohoo for vacation willpower

School Schedule: Got all my grading caught up in reasonable time this weekend, but organization and time management wasn't great.  Overall, this is where I need to focus my attention this week.

Self Care: 7/7: Meditation and face masks for the win!!

Going into week 2:

Already did my workout for today.  I was day 19 of the Cardio trim program, and I did the full 3 minutes, and it got my heart going and felt great!!!  We also acquired a set of 10lbs dumb bells, so I'm going to start incorporating some weight training stuff (would have preferred 15 or 20lbs , but free is free and more reps will fix the light weight problem).  We did not get to go grocery shopping yesterday, but we have enough stuff to get us through today, and hubs will shop this week.

This challenge is really shaping up nicely.

• Like 5

DANG that lady was a SCHEISTER!!!!  Good grief, it sucks your trip got interrupted by crazy, but I'm so glad it all worked out in the end!  Phew.  Isn't it a full moon soon???

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I wonder what kind of scam those you-stole-my-phone people were running.

Two words:  Meth.

• Like 2

20 hours ago, shaar said:

DANG that lady was a SCHEISTER!!!!  Good grief, it sucks your trip got interrupted by crazy, but I'm so glad it all worked out in the end!  Phew.  Isn't it a full moon soon???

I think so.  Hopefully my kids don't go bonkers...

19 hours ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I wonder what kind of scam those you-stole-my-phone people were running.

15 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Two words:  Meth.

Something like this. Apparently they had poked around another neighbor's open garage, so house casing, maybe.

17 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Woot for working out on vacation!

That airb-n-b situation sounds all over crazy.

It was, but my vacation was still good :) 

17 hours ago, Salinger said:

Glad you were all safe, bloody hell!!!! x

I think between the 4 of us, if they hadn't had any weapons, we'd have done okay.  I'm used to not fighting my own size (brother is 6'3" (192cm))  But we were all hoping it didn't come to that.

giphy.gif

Yesterday was fine.  Nothing to write home about.  Burned one of our out meals because neither of us had time to shop.  I will on my way home today.  Hubs is working a lot this week, so it's cool.  My 2nd job did finally come in handy, though.  I was selected to give the ACT at school on Wednesday, but because I tutor ACT outside of school, I'm not allowed. Wooohoo!!!  So now I just have to keep a rando class of kids under control for 4 hours...yay...

Things are going great at home.  Super great.  I'm in an awesome place right now.

TODAY I got up and did all 7 sets of day 21, and I was getting that weird ankle tightness again with all the high knees, and I'm starting to think it's an impact thing that has to do with me working out on a thin yoga pad on a laminate floor.  We don't really have any carpet, but the air bnb did, and it wasn't an issue there.  So, I'm definitely going to push for a better mat.

HJDGTKHFGJDGFRICKBLEGH THERE IS NOTHING WORSE THAN THE LAST SIP OF COFFEE BEING FULL OF GROUNDS.  

giphy.gif

Anyhoo.  Hopefully today goes up from there. Blegh

• Like 5