• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Stribs

Stribs Gets Proactive in 2019

3 hours ago, shaar said:

tenor.gif

Oh, thank you for that.  :-)

6 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

I got yelled at this morning for rinsing our the espresso cup after I poured it into my mug. Apparently the grit and slime is where all the flavor is.

I try to never rinse my coffee cup.  It's a massive ceramic affair that holds 1.5 pints of coffee.  It just stays on the counter, and there's always at least a little coffee in it.  When I make new coffee I top it up, drink it down a bit, top it up again.  It's never totally empty.  Every few days or so I drink it down close to the bottom and get a big mouthful of coffee sludge.  It takes  a few minutes of chaw'n on it, but the buzz is really excellent.  :-D

• Like 1

Sorry, @Cheetah, flavor or not, I'm still with @shaar on this one.  Gritty coffee is a thing of nightmares.

giphy.gif

Yesterday was the ACT, so basically a massive workday for me because I lucked out and escaped giving the test due to my outside tutoring gig that tutors the ACT...it's not like I has access to tons of content, but whatevs, the ACT is strict.  My 4th block juniors were basically braindead, so we played gimkit to prepare for their quiz tomorrow. @Sloth the Enduring gimkit is better than kahoot and quizlet.  You should check it out!!

Food was garbage yesterday.  Access to too many sweets and no self control.  Lunch was good and balanced and so was dinner.  Fuck off, sweets!!

I haven't worked out in 2 days.  Yesterday was a planned rest day, so I set my alarm later, and I forgot to set it back this morning.  I'm quite bummed.

• Like 3

Agree with Cheetah, tomorrow will be better, and if not? Well then we have another day to get it right....

Keep going Stribs! We believe in you xx

15 hours ago, Cheetah said:

Tomorrow will be better!  You can do it!

5 hours ago, Salinger said:

Agree with Cheetah, tomorrow will be better, and if not? Well then we have another day to get it right....

Keep going Stribs! We believe in you xx

Thanks guys.  I've been feeling kind of ehh the last couple days about my weight (and the fact I let myself go for the last 10 pounds that I had to bust my ass to lose) and I've made the decision to count calories again.  I'm starting at 1500, which I think is reasonable for the cardio workouts I'm doing.  I can always pop back up to 17-1800 if I need to, but for now, I want to jump start myself back into the healthy habits that I really enjoyed before everything kinda went haywire last fall.

• Like 1

All right guys, I'm here to own up to last week (especially the weekend) as it was bad news all around in terms of my goals of eating, working out, and self care.  I did clean a bunch of my house and get my grading done, but I let myself go in terms of eating and it wasn't great.  I think we ate at home once this week and I worked out 3 times, but as you guys have said to me before, "tomorrow will be better" and it already is.

I swapped out my first cup of coffee for a cup of tea: 0 calories:

I packed a good lunch: chicken salad packet, two cuties, mixed nuts, celery, and a full fat yogurt: 440 calories

And I made sure I pulled some meat from the freezer so we could cook tonight

I also did a workout this morning: yoga, stretches, three minutes of high knees (granted I woke up late and skipped a day to do something shorter, but it counts).

I'm going by wal-mart on my way home to get a better mat for exercises as well.

Silver lining: Being pretty much caught up with my grading feels good though, so there is that.

Here's to a more successful week 3!!

• Like 4

15 hours ago, Stribs said:

caught up with my grading feels good though

Don't it though?  This week will be great!

• Like 1

Hey guys!!  

This week has been eh, so far.  My emotions are everywhere, so my food has not been great, and my motivation has been low.  I'm dealing with some personal frustrations and feeling overwhelmed at school. 

Yesterday itself was a comedy of errors...

Forgot to set my alarm so I got up at 6:37, which usually would send me into a panic but I had an appt that morning, so it meant that I just missed my workout.  Period was two days late, so I took a test, not pregnant, womp womp.  Hubs and I drive to the therapy office, but I had written it down wrong, so we show up on the wrong day, womp womp.  So, we get chick fil a instead (breaking my fast, womp womp) and it's just kind of awkward because I'm feeling anxious about the whole situation and the whole morning, but we aren't really talking about it because my anxiety is a sore spot in our relationship (hence the therapy), then I head to school.  My period starts in the middle of 2nd block (yay...) and the whole rest of the day I'm just feeling kinda bummed about life because hormones. I leave school and on my way to my own therapist I stop and pick up all the chocolate because NEED.  I went to my appt (thank goodness) and she helped me talk about some things, but I get home and I'm not in a great mood so I eat a bunch of stuff I don't need to (like random pieces of bread wtf) because who the fuck knows.  I can tell hubs wants to hang out, but I'm not feeling people at ALL so I just let him play video games and I watch TV and I kinda feel guilty about it, but kind of don't.  Then I listen to like three different meditations and went to bed.

I did manage to get up and have my workout today, but I had to force myself to do it.  I did get a nice new mat though.  I only have 6 more days of this program left, which is good because I'm getting a bit burned out on stationary cardio.  I have a set of 10 lbs dumb bells now too, so I'm excited to do some strength stuff again.  I'm also digging my bike out of the garage this weekend because if I'm going to cardio, I want to go somewhere and feel like I have accomplished something.  Hopefully, today will be better.

• Like 2

I hope today IS better for you Stribs, but hey, you managed to work out and thats an amazing win! Good job. Sorry yesterday was so tough :( xx

1 hour ago, Stribs said:

I did manage to get up and have my workout today, but I had to force myself to do it.  I did get a nice new mat though.  I only have 6 more days of this program left, which is good because I'm getting a bit burned out on stationary cardio.  I have a set of 10 lbs dumb bells now too, so I'm excited to do some strength stuff again.  I'm also digging my bike out of the garage this weekend because if I'm going to cardio, I want to go somewhere and feel like I have accomplished something.  Hopefully, today will be better.

When you are feeling down and all over the place having a workout that you aren't enjoying is really trying. I'll grind through a stationary cardio workout when I'm feeling motivated for my goals but it's very hard to convince myself to do it when I'm barely functioning. 

• Like 1

Today will be better!  And if it's not, tomorrow will be.  Or the next day.  It'll come but until then you're doing great weathering the storms of life. <3

• Like 1

On 2/20/2019 at 4:17 PM, Cheetah said:

I try to never rinse my coffee cup.  It's a massive ceramic affair that holds 1.5 pints of coffee.  It just stays on the counter, and there's always at least a little coffee in it.  When I make new coffee I top it up, drink it down a bit, top it up again.  It's never totally empty.  Every few days or so I drink it down close to the bottom and get a big mouthful of coffee sludge.  It takes  a few minutes of chaw'n on it, but the buzz is really excellent.  :-D

I switched over to black coffee so I wouldn't have to clean my cup regularly. But that's mostly because I'm lazy.

On 2/27/2019 at 6:32 AM, Stribs said:

Getting through the past couple days sounds like a very big win. Good job doing the workout.

On 2/27/2019 at 6:54 AM, Salinger said:

I hope today IS better for you Stribs, but hey, you managed to work out and thats an amazing win! Good job. Sorry yesterday was so tough :( xx

We've had a few wins these last few days, thanks!!  Very weird week overall...

On 2/27/2019 at 7:52 AM, jonfirestar said:

very hard to convince myself to do it when I'm barely functioning. 

This is where I have been living this week.  I think at this point I'm just doing them so I can be done with the program and move on.  My ADD is excited to have done one thing from start to finish (which is rare when it is a difficult thing that happens slowly over time)

On 2/27/2019 at 1:11 PM, shaar said:

Today will be better!  And if it's not, tomorrow will be.  Or the next day.  It'll come but until then you're doing great weathering the storms of life. <3

Thanks!  I hope today is better.  The whole week has thrown me for a loop.

10 hours ago, Xena said:

I switched over to black coffee so I wouldn't have to clean my cup regularly. But that's mostly because I'm lazy.

Coffee creamer is my one sweet joy in life (usually, when I'm not eating my feelings).  I drank black coffee to impress a boyfriend for a while who only drank black coffee, but once we broke up, it wasn't a life I wanted to live anymore.

10 hours ago, Xena said:

Getting through the past couple days sounds like a very big win. Good job doing the workout.

TGIF. I am living for the weekend!!!

I am so done with this week.  Yesterday was very similar to Tuesday in that things just kept happening...

1. Woke up at 2am very anxious about something I had forgotten to do, so I got up and did it at 2am so I could go back to sleep.  Also, no workout because I decided I needed the extra sleep more

2. I left my purse and phone at home and had to go back for it when I was basically all the way to school

3. I printed the same flier like 4 times before it was actually right

4. I butchered Act 2.2 of Hamlet because my brain was nowhere near school yesterday (see below) and I thought I knew it better than I did

5. I said I was going to "choke out" a kids work manager in the middle of a parent meeting because they were asking the kid to work too many hours

4. Therapy that morning was very awkward and uncomfortable due to the way she was going about the session (talking about feelings about/in a situation without context).  It was very strange and we both struggled in the session and left feeling frustrated.  I really hate 9:00 sessions because then I have to take all my dug up and tore out emotions to school.

5. Got some terrible (but sadly not surprising) news about a student I had really been pulling for who made a dumb mistake and is going to prison

Yeah.  Yesterday was weird.

Anyhoo, today has been okay so far.  I did my workout, so there's that.  5 more days on this program, so I'll wrap up with this challenge.  The weather is supposed to be nice this weekend, so I'm planning on biking instead of doing my program.  Hopefully my mood will improve as well.  The whole week has just been weird.

• Like 5

Sorry about the off week. :[  Being in a weird headspace from therapy doesn't help either!!  I hope this weekend was kind to you and you got to get outside and relax some!! <3