• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's nineteenth challenge!

2 hours ago, Echoceanic said:

I hope you're doing okay Sal. When stuff like that happens I go numb too. But I'm glad you're still trying and finding ways to cope. We're always here if you need to vent or talk.

Thanks Echo. Appreciate that xx

• Like 1

Hey, its 5pm now. Dark outside almost, rainy bluergh im missing the sun now. Want it to warm up. 

Todays been ok, got quite a bit of work done. And two good pieces of news...

1) Remember the artist i love, who i found finally ? Jochen Gertz (look on previous page!) @shaar liked the work in particular! Anyway, i contacted his artist studios to request the use of the video in my next exhibition.....and they said fucking YES. How exciting is that?!!! 

2) I think i may have found a venue for the exhibition. Its a really big warehouse style space in London. They replied to my email today saying the work i do is really exciting and they would love to host it! Ive sent a list of questions i have like what the costs are, average audience figures, if there are technicians to help install etc so just waiting to hear back. But maybe ive got a venue :o 

So im trying to feel good about that. 

Its Friday, ive cancelled the meeting tonight - ill just stay home, shower, eat well, drink water, read, do work, meditate. To be honest id prefer not to go out tomorrow too, but ive already bought the ticket for the gig. Ill just be mindful of drinking. and try to get home earlier than i usually do!!

Just trying hard to keep my head above water, and hoping i get some money in soon for rent (due on 20th so i have almost a couple of weeks to sell something) should i just go about life thinking it will work out?? Or stress and worry until i find that money?! I dont know the way to go about it haha. 

Anyway....lets be grateful of the good news today. xx

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, Salinger said:

1) Remember the artist i love, who i found finally ? Jochen Gertz (look on previous page!) @shaar liked the work in particular! Anyway, i contacted his artist studios to request the use of the video in my next exhibition.....and they said fucking YES. How exciting is that?!!!

Holy hell, that is fucking awesome! 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

YES

They replied to my email today saying the work i do is really exciting and they would love to host it!

first of all this is so so so incredibly cool and i'm so happy for you!

should i just go about life thinking it will work out?? Or stress and worry until i find that money?!

what i'm learning more and more is to try to feel for the balance between realistic thinking and worry. just about everything has a point where it's no longer in our control, so you do what you can do in a situation to get a positive outcome (in this case, you're working, you have a shop) and after that it's...whether you stress and worry or not, the end result will still be what it will be so while, yes, it's good to be proactive, once you've done what you can do the Worry won't serve any use. There's that saying that worry makes you suffer twice, you know? (though "don't worry" is easier said than done unfortunately, i still find the attempt helpful sometimes)

• Like 1

Morning all. its almost 9am. Not really slept much at all ahhh. My eyes feel like sandpaper haha

Got the gig today...its an all day gig. Well from 3pm to late. Im going to watch the football first too. Should be a nice day i hope. 

Ive been asked if i can curate a gig for March 13th...so ive started to invite some bands. Feel a bit out of my depth but trying not to worry!

Im on my 3rd cup of tea of the morning...going to be wired later. x

• Like 2

Looks like lots of things are headed in the right direction for you!!!  I'm so excited!!!  I hope you're still feeling good today!!

1 hour ago, Stribs said:

Looks like lots of things are headed in the right direction for you!!!  I'm so excited!!!  I hope you're still feeling good today!!

Thanks Stribs xx

Hey all, its 2.15pm Sunday afternoon. Sun is shining and im watching the football. 

Yesterday i drank too much, took too many drugs, but saw 6 amazing bands and bopped about. I dont feel hungover today but really tired. 

I also lost a £20 note :(  and basically spent too much money. Money i dont have. And i am now in deep anxiety about paying rent. MY own fault, i have no self control at all...ughhhhh

Anyway, today isnt the day to panic about that, i will think about it this week. What i can do....might have to try and get ANOTHER pay day loan :(

I do feel sort of rubbish but thats what happens when i take too many substances. again, my own fault. x

I too am watching the football, it's Man City v Chelsea, man I hate Kun Aguero on principle alone but the guy's got SO MUCH TALENT

No shaar don't get back into the soccer fandom your heart can't take it

Remember these things next time a bad choice presents itself... I do that with drinking, I make myself remember how I felt and how much of a money sink it was, and it's pulled me back more times than once.  Not every time, but enough times to make a difference.  While it does suck we have the power to use an event like that to our benefit for the future, if we so choose.

SO GLAD to hear your work seems to be picking up, exciting!!!! <3

• Like 3

4 hours ago, shaar said:

I too am watching the football, it's Man City v Chelsea, man I hate Kun Aguero on principle alone but the guy's got SO MUCH TALENT

No shaar don't get back into the soccer fandom your heart can't take it

Remember these things next time a bad choice presents itself... I do that with drinking, I make myself remember how I felt and how much of a money sink it was, and it's pulled me back more times than once.  Not every time, but enough times to make a difference.  While it does suck we have the power to use an event like that to our benefit for the future, if we so choose.

SO GLAD to hear your work seems to be picking up, exciting!!!! <3

Was a great game, i love Aguero, i kind of fancy him too.....

Yes i will thank you Shaar. xx

Hey all its 9.30pm and im watching the golf and drinking tea, ill go to bed soon probably...

Spent the evening with my housemate, he made spaghetti bolegnese which was nice. I also secretely was panicking about rent money, i havent told him yet im struggling. EVERY fucking month is the same...boring. 

Anyway, i dont know where to turn! as you know...

Tomorrow is a new week, I am kinda busy and wish i wasnt ... wish i had less to do :( my anxiety is rising. x

Hey all. 1pm, sunny today. Oh man  i have a raging cold, blocked nose, sneezing, head feels awful. WHY OH WHY!!! on such a busy week!? I can barely open my eyes i feel full of crap. I will make a lemsip ...

Ive had another 'maybe' offer from a gallery space, in Cardiff! Its a reallly cool amazing space as well...BUT the show wouldnt be till 2021.... as they have exhibitions planned till then. I cant make decisions ever, even things like 'should i have a shower or a bath' i fall apart, so this is HARD. 

Feeling like i have so much to do and not enough time, yet i am struggling to do the work too...if that makes sense? i just want to sleep!! Having this cold isnt helping as its so difficult to breathe hahahaha 

xx

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

6 hours ago, Salinger said:

Ive had another 'maybe' offer from a gallery space, in Cardiff!

So all of my familiarity with Cardiff hinges on the Dr Who universe. So this sounds very cool and very mindwarp timey-wimey at the same time. 2021 should give you some time to ponder it.

Hope you feel better soon.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

So all of my familiarity with Cardiff hinges on the Dr Who universe. So this sounds very cool and very mindwarp timey-wimey at the same time. 2021 should give you some time to ponder it.

Hope you feel better soon.

haha :)

Thanks DC xx

Hey all. 10pm and my cold has gotten worse yikes. Sat with more lemsip and tissue up my nose :D hahahah Just hope i can sleep tonight. 

The afternoon went ok, I got another offer to host my exhibition! This time in Brighton! So thats London, Brighton, Cardiff. Im thinking maybe a tour would be a good idea? I mean ive never done it before, no idea HOW to do it...but be good experience?!!

I have that tutorial thing tomorrow (remember i applied to meet a producer in the art world, to discuss my work and get advice, and i was accepted!) its at 3.30pm and im kinda nervous but also looking forward to it. Ive got some questions written down. Ive also got a book to give him, and i drew him left handed! :) so hope he likes the gifts. 

I can ask him if he knows about touring exhibitions...hopefully he does. 

Also have two more meetings, one at 5.30pm then another at 6.30pm. One about curating a show in Wales, and the next about the Venice exhibition in involved in. So will be really busy day. Hope i feel better tomorrow. 

Exercise been bad but im going to try and walk from meeting to meeting tomorrow, a couple of miles. If the sun is out like it was today. Then Wednesday ill try get to the gym i think. 

Food has been fine, probably too few calories, and what i have eaten maybe a bit too much carbs. I had pasta for dinner with chicken. Tomorrow im not having much time to actually eat, may have to grab a sandwich or something .... ill make a good choice. 

Hope you are all well xx

Hey all. 11am here, damn ive slept so bad. I got up at 3am because i just could not fall asleep. The fact my nose is blocked makes it hard to breathe, then my nose is running at the same time, and im sneezing like mad. YUCK. So yeah, im tired and have a busy bloody day and need to wake up a bit. 

Spent the morning emailing people, making a poster for that gig im arranging, and generally being in a daze. I better get some breakfast actually....i wont have much time to eat once i leave the house at 2.30pm, i envisage ill not finish meetings till around 8.30pm.... already cant wait to sleep later haha. 

Need to wash my hair before i go too. Bloody hell its all go here HA. 

Ok ill update later if i can, hopefuly with good news from the meetings! xx

3 minutes ago, Salinger said:

Ok ill update later if i can, hopefuly with good news from the meetings! xx

Fingers crossed for you!!!!  Sounds like a wonderfully busy day!!

• Like 1

On 2/10/2019 at 7:23 AM, Salinger said:

Yesterday i drank too much, took too many drugs, 

On 2/11/2019 at 6:03 AM, Salinger said:

Oh man  i have a raging cold, blocked nose, sneezing, head feels awful.

This could be related.  You’ve mentioned cocaine in the past.  Cocaine use (I’m assuming here) can cause cold symptoms afterwards.

• Like 1

I've not gotten a lot of time but I had to check in whether things have gotten better.  Yes?

it seems a little like it.

but things were pretty awful yesterday.  so maybe your still in a pretty bad place

being sick seriously is No fun.  but I guess in your avocation; I know you can't take a sick day and retreat.  

still try to give yourself as much self-care as you can - won't you?  

thinking about you!  do let us know ok?

• Like 1

3 hours ago, TGP said:

It sounds like you have so many things to work with on your plate. The partying could totally have brought on the cold symptoms. Yet one more check box when you're trying to remind yourself why you should take it easy the next time and these opportunities appear.

I hope you're feeling a little better today. Forward always.

• Like 2

On 2/12/2019 at 5:22 PM, TGP said:

Hey there, update below! xx

20 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

It sounds like you have so many things to work with on your plate. The partying could totally have brought on the cold symptoms. Yet one more check box when you're trying to remind yourself why you should take it easy the next time and these opportunities appear.

I hope you're feeling a little better today. Forward always.

Thanks DC! xx

Hey all. BLEURGHHHHH my cold is even worse, i cant breathe very well, i feel yucky and lethargic and my face feels puffy. My nose is in pain as its got sore from blowing my nose so much!!!

But yesterday was solid. My meeting with the guy (the one i was chosen for) went excellently, he was very very nice and kind and helpful. Had some good advice for me, plus he said my ideas for installations were 'amazing'. So that perked me up definitely! He also said he loved the gifts i gave him! :) 

Then i had an hour to spare for the next meeting, so i grabbed a burrito. Not had one in about a year :o it didnt disappoint, my word, i could eat them forever. 

The next meeting was good too. Basically ill be going to Venice in May to install my work, and have a ten day residency. Flights and accomodation will be paid for as well. So thats really quite exciting. 

SO yeah a good work day. Got home late, had a few beers paid for by the director..

Today I have really felt tired, but been chasing up bands for this gig in March, and organising the Cambridge exhibition im part of, in March as well. Its 5.45pm now, i should eat soon, instead im sipping lemsip and trying not to fall asleep hahahaha 

x

• Like 3

Burritos are a gift upon this planet and I will never say otherwise.

VENICE!!! THAT IS SO.  SO.  COOL!!!!!!!!  

Glad you had a positive work day!!!

• Like 2

12 hours ago, shaar said:

Burritos are a gift upon this planet and I will never say otherwise.

Yes.... i want one now and its 6am hahahahah

12 hours ago, shaar said:

VENICE!!! THAT IS SO.  SO.  COOL!!!!!!!!  

Glad you had a positive work day!!!

Thanks Shaar <3 x