• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Salinger

Salinger's nineteenth challenge!

Morning all, 6.20am and kinda chilly today, i got up as i was struggling to breathe and coughing. I have a lemsip and lots of tissues around me haha. Fed up though of this cold, my nose is sore, my lips are cracked and i generally feel rubbish. I hate being poorly. 

Last night was fine , Ste was on a date so i chilled out and watched the football, and went to bed early. Slept ok  apart from waking up a lot through the night. 

So today - drink more water. Flush out this bloody cold. And take my meds, i missed yesterdays dose oooops. Also need to apply for a grant, and also a residency. Keep on top of emails. Harass the bands to reply ! Maybe go for a walk too if the weather is nice!

My anxiety levels are pretty high annoyingly. Trying to just keep calm though.......I think im panicking that ive not been exercising. Ugh x

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Salinger said:

So today - drink more water. Flush out this bloody cold. And take my meds, i missed yesterdays dose oooops. Also need to apply for a grant, and also a residency. Keep on top of emails. Harass the bands to reply ! Maybe go for a walk too if the weather is nice!

Sounds like a busy day!  hope you feel better soon!  Good luck with it all.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Stribs said:

Sounds like a busy day!  hope you feel better soon!  Good luck with it all.

Ive done NOTHING :o seriously nothing! I slept thats all. And cried a bit. And got frustrated at struggling to breathe :(  how annoying. frustrating and poorly. 

I need milk though so will walk to the shops and try not to die on the way!!!!! x

I haz a breakfast recommendation for you. It's not quite a burrito, but it's protein-y and delicious:

Scramble 2 eggs in butter with cheese. Set aside on plate.

Throw a medium sized tortilla in the skillet with the browned butter and let it start to fry up a bit. Put the eggs in one half of it's face and fold it shut.

When the skillet-side down half is toasty and golden, flip it over.

Breakfast "quesadilla" almost. Really cheap to make. So so yummy. You'll find just the right amount of butter and heat give you a golden burbly crust. And breakfast with protein in it is rarely a bad thing.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DaemonCorax said:

I haz a breakfast recommendation for you. It's not quite a burrito, but it's protein-y and delicious:

Scramble 2 eggs in butter with cheese. Set aside on plate.

Throw a medium sized tortilla in the skillet with the browned butter and let it start to fry up a bit. Put the eggs in one half of it's face and fold it shut.

When the skillet-side down half is toasty and golden, flip it over.

Breakfast "quesadilla" almost. Really cheap to make. So so yummy. You'll find just the right amount of butter and heat give you a golden burbly crust. And breakfast with protein in it is rarely a bad thing.

Thanks DC!!! :) x

Hey all, not much happened, i went to the shops, i got milk and bread and some peppercorn sauce. Had steak and potatoes with brocolli for dinner. YUM. Drank some orange juice. Had lemsip. Sneezed a lot. Now listening to music, and designing the poster for my next show. (yes its a year away but i like to be sorted with promo stuff as i go along hahaah plus its fun) 

Need to think of a title though, i have a few in mind....

Im tired, its only 9.30pm though. Maybe a cup of tea and a read. x

Morning.... 7am here, i feel terrible ffs so bored of feeling ill. I suppose its getting a little better though? I cant tell! 

I settled on a title for the show. It will be called 'Two plus two makes four' - it is a quote from the book 1984....the full quote is “Freedom is the freedom to say that two plus two make four. If that is granted, all else follows.” the poster is looking good!!

Ive just sneezed 6 times in  a row. My god. 

Its Friday woooo. Not that i really have weekends like normal people....i just tend to work most days. But i guess football is on at the weekend! And my housemate is off work.

I was meant to be at a gig last night but i felt too poorly and im kinda sad i missed it :( oh well. 

Today will be working, recovering, reading, writing....I feel restless as hell but i am unsure what to do. x

• Like 2

I think this is the Masterclass of selfcare Sal.  lots of patience, medicine, tea,etc

and in my Own experience if you sneezing more than coughing- thats Good!

perhaps the bug isn't quite so buried into your body.

anyways do you have fevers?   bad ache?

and are you getting enough rest and water?? 

ha! yes. I know.  I'm totally badgering you.

but I'm also hoping you get well, soon!

----

PS per yesterday's post.  Don't even THINK about feeling bad about not going to the gym.  fact is it does no good for Your body or anyone else's to go exercise with a raging out of control cold/flu. 

In fact, i'd go so far as to say that its a bit of a pet peeve of mine.  one should strive very hard Not to spread the plague in a place dedicated to helping people be strong enough to Not get the plague.

so... good girl no gym. just selfcare so you can have profitable gigs in the future. ;)

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, TGP said:

I think this is the Masterclass of selfcare Sal.  lots of patience, medicine, tea,etc

and in my Own experience if you sneezing more than coughing- thats Good!

perhaps the bug isn't quite so buried into your body.

anyways do you have fevers?   bad ache?

and are you getting enough rest and water?? 

ha! yes. I know.  I'm totally badgering you.

but I'm also hoping you get well, soon!

----

PS per yesterday's post.  Don't even THINK about feeling bad about not going to the gym.  fact is it does no good for Your body or anyone else's to go exercise with a raging out of control cold/flu. 

In fact, i'd go so far as to say that its a bit of a pet peeve of mine.  one should strive very hard Not to spread the plague in a place dedicated to helping people be strong enough to Not get the plague.

so... good girl no gym. just selfcare so you can have profitable gigs in the future. ;)

Hey there :)

No fever, no aches, apart from my sides, think its from tensing up to sneeze!!!!

Yes i probably am resting enough but need more water, ill get some now!

hahah yes you are right, its not fair to spread my germs :) thanks for making me feel better.

I just had some cheese on toast and a cuppa. Listening to music and just secured another artist for the exhibition :D A really cool one who does big text installations using neon lights!

x

• Like 1

ah!  nice self care Sal.

well done!

I'm happy to hear you have no fever and not too much ache.

also congradulations for getting another artist, woot!  I think its a definite perk of your job to get SO much done when you are sick.  generally when I am sick Nothing happens at works (unless urgently required) and work builds up.

(I'm not sure you asked so I chime in about it; I'm a chemist that studies crude oil for a living.) 

your gigs seem like real fun times and places.  You should post pics!

If I was wondering around England; I'd love to attend and be part of the fun.  alas.  I live near a dreay* lake in an utterly rural area.  the only fun around here is outside.

hence all my great efforts to train for it.

(*this is a corny play on words. I live near Lake Erie and they sometimes call it Dreary Erie).

• Like 1

Thanks! Yes i can just wrap up on the sofa and work from my laptop...getting as much tea as i like. Im lucky really...!

Here are a few photos of past live music gigs i have put on...

42366705_1169536003213905_3732673497617399808_n.jpg?_nc_cat=110&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=6bb63a664ef4c20dc4dec104d5c2ec20&oe=5CE9F568

42282227_1169021306598708_4603066732028887040_n.jpg?_nc_cat=104&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=6f438c0d3be21b13babd4500e448fed3&oe=5D28EC8D

26678620_975775362589971_2577301920585091930_o.jpg?_nc_cat=109&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=5693d3187e8979e2d78889310b3ddfae&oe=5CF210A7

26756872_975775355923305_5044558784668922547_o.jpg?_nc_cat=107&_nc_ht=scontent-lht6-1.xx&oh=3175a634c59c0c62a4255bb24d1686c9&oe=5CE8B107

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, TGP said:

wow that looks pretty fun, sal. ty

Thanks, yes good fun and real busy,  and both mainly sell outs which im proud about!!! x

• Like 1

Hey all. its almost 5pm. Just had mash, chicken and brocolli, i ate early as was starving for some reason?! Ill regret that later HAHA

Listening to music, should we do a little shuffle? Not done one for ages:

Velvet Underground - Heroin

The Cure - Pictures of You

Justin Timberlake - What goes around

Sum 41 - Still waiting

Lost Under Heaven - The Great Longing

Wow, how eclectic hahahaha 

I sat in the garden for 30 mins or so, and had a cup of tea and let the sun soak into my skin and it felt brilliant. :) I need to do that more often, looking at the weather, the sun will be out all weekend and into next week wooohooo!

Ive drank more water today and hope to flush this cold out asap. By next weekend (a week today) i have a gig to go to, then to watch the football on the Sunday with my friend. Need to find some money for that really, but i am owed £100 artist fee for something i did, so hopefully I will get that this week. Should be almost ok for rent....maybe like £50 short but my landlord said it was ok. I still feel bad but also grateful.

My mood plummets when i think about money. 

Been feeling ok today, the sun makes a huge difference, listening to the birds outside, playing with the cats, drinking tea....all lovely things. 

Oh and i hoovered as it was a disgrace hahah. I need to do my room but probably will tomorrow now. Will work another 2 hours or so...not intensely, im still singing along to music, washing the dishes, cuddling Jackson, reading etc 

Peace xx

Definitely

I love your art!

and gigs are places where you get bands and people together.

now in the "artists" section of the brokengreywires, are these artists that you collaborate with?

I also sometiimes get mildly confused on whether the grants your are pursueing are strictly FOR you, for the Greywire group you are in , OR whether it is funds From the Greywire group.

but... on the whole, I don't need to be that nosey.  Your making a living doing art and doing some great work at that!

I keep feeling we should collaborate somehow and have some joint exercise of creativity....

but idk.  I always get so busy.  

and no doubt your busy too!

----

you seem like maybe your getting better and more healthy-  Woot!  cold/flu are like that...  they just kind of sneak away.  I like that your singing. Never met a person whom singing to themselves wasn't in a better mood than they Could have been.

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, TGP said:

now in the "artists" section of the brokengreywires, are these artists that you collaborate with?

Yes i have collaborated with those artists, they were part of the exhibition in 2017. Now i am collating another set of artists to work with in 2020!!

36 minutes ago, TGP said:

I also sometiimes get mildly confused on whether the grants your are pursueing are strictly FOR you, for the Greywire group you are in , OR whether it is funds From the Greywire group.

So, in 2014, i was sectioned for suicide thoughts. When i got out a month later, i decided to form Broken Grey Wires, and put on art exhibitions AND live gigs all in response to mental health illness. Open up a dialogue, create communication and a safe space to be part of something special. 

5 years later?! And its going so so well. However, it is only ME who does this....Broken Grey Wires has one director, ME, one assistant, ME, one cleaner, ME haha i do everything. 

I apply for funding for myself, to pay my wage, and to pay other artists involved and buy equipment and pay galleries to pay their staff etc etc if i do get the funding though, i will be paying for someone to work as my assistant. Help me with admin stuff. 

Hard work but pretty cool i get to do this every day! :)

xxx

• Like 5

ah

so cool.  you know, I had a phase when I majorly hoovered up Dr Who- espacially the Modern version.  (it was in Netflix)

they had a few shows that revolved around Vincent van gogh.  it was (besides good Dr Who) a great tribute to the man and I looked him up. 

turned out that he produced some of the most valuable paintings of all time, he was unappreciated and insolvent in his time.  mental health difficulties prevented him from being more success, perhaps, but it seems to have given his art an amazing energy that few artists in the history of the world ever have found.

the doctor who episode imagines vincent getting to the modern time (via the TARDIS) and seeing how amazing his work would be seen in the future (today).

it was touching.

----

I guess I'm clumsily trying to say that while our difficulties can seem insurmountable and weakness us; they give us a certain amount of nobility too... Our mind can be a formidable opponent; but it is an amazing, too!

its amazing what it can conceive and do. its amazing we overcome our challenges and get to new High points in our life.  and if we seem low compared to others; maybe its only that you have to climb Low steep paths well below what other people have to deal with.

never give up and Never surrender, I was informed, is the ranger motto...

it makes for a corny stereotypical TV show  but in real life its anything but easy.

I'll just end with saying that your website is really done well.  I love that you collaborate.  all put together I don't see how you can Fail to succeed.

• Like 2

I saw that episode too!! It made me cry!! I then saw his major exhibition in Paris, which i also cried at hahaha

Thanks so much TGP, lovely words <3

And thanks about the website, i made that too haha xx

• Like 1

HI Sal, hope you're doing well.

20 hours ago, Salinger said:

5 years later?! And its going so so well. However, it is only ME who does this....Broken Grey Wires has one director, ME, one assistant, ME, one cleaner, ME haha i do everything. 

Wow that is frankly amazing. You're kinda basically running a company solo and that takes guts and skill. I'm impressed. 

I'm glad you keep pushing and taking care of yourself. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Echoceanic said:

HI Sal, hope you're doing well.

Wow that is frankly amazing. You're kinda basically running a company solo and that takes guts and skill. I'm impressed. 

I'm glad you keep pushing and taking care of yourself. 

Hello Echo, thank you so much. Not many people i collaborate with know its just me who runs this alone!! They always say 'you guys' or make reference to there being more than one of me haha i am proud of how hard i work. Now to get paid properly?!!! PLEASE funding come through!!

Im ok today thanks...more below xx

• Like 1

Heyyyy everyone. Its 2.30pm - just had some jam on toast and a hot cup of tea yum. first ive eaten today oooops. I should have some eggs. to get some protein in. 

Anyway, its sunny again, not as sunny as yesterday (quite a few clouds) but its mega nice and i sat in the garden again for a while, drinking my tea. I played with the cats, Jackson getting brave BUT eating the grass then throwing up hahahahahaha idiot. 

Im also listening to music all day, and have the football on mute which ive been keeping an eye on. One game finished just now, the next one i will watch is on at 5.30pm. 

I watched Inglorious Basterds last night, the one Quentin Tarentino made, wow it was so bloody good. I bought it for my housemate for Christmas, and he wanted to watch it. Im glad i stayed up, because i loved it a lot. 

So yeah, feeling fine, just chilling, might read a bit before the next match. im kinda tired but im not sure if i will nap...x

• Like 3

I love Kill Bill too!  I saw Inglorious Basterds for the first time maybe a year ago and it was REALLY good, loved it. ^^

• Like 1