• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Image result for haha you old

40 minutes ago, deftona said:

We got a new chair for the cat to come and sit in there with us and it made her really happy, she just sat on it purring all night. 

You got a twofer, because that made me happy too :) 

It's nice that the cat appreciated the chair.  It would have been easy for the cat to disdain the new chair.  I like that your cat took the high road.

6 hours ago, Cheetah said:

It's nice that the cat appreciated the chair.  It would have been easy for the cat to disdain the new chair.  I like that your cat took the high road.

I have found the secret with cats is to ensure she thinks the chair is not intended for her because if she thinks it's for her the chair will be the target of nothing but scorn and rejection. 

• Like 2

Thursday Update

I was off work yesterday so I spent the whole day relaxing because I needed it very badly indeed. I started the day listening to James O'Brien on talk radio which made me happy because I love James O'Brien and I would happily marry him and live out my days listening to him arguing with idiots about politics in the calm, collected way he does where he slowly picks away all your arguments without you having realised what he's done and reduces you to the ridiculous. This is not the way I like to debate with people but I applaud his method for him and I very much like to witness it happening. 

I spent the rest of the day reading. It's gotten very cold again and my house is freezing so I lay under blankets with my book for the whole time. I finished "Entitled" which is a critical history of the British aristocracy and I got half an hour in on the elliptical. Again, I am wary of how tired I am feeling right now so I am taking it as easy as I can while still ticking those boxes. I made chicken satay with coconut rice for dinner and we read again all evening. I spent absolutely nothing again yesterday.

The cat spent the night tearing around the house, throwing herself and the bedroom curtains and jumping off furniture and I am beginning to understand why I am so tired all the time. 

• Like 4

I have found the secret with cats is to ensure she thinks the chair is not intended for her because if she thinks it's for her the chair will be the target of nothing but scorn and rejection. 

I suddenly had a flashback to my dating years.
  • Like 2
  • Haha 1

Friday Update

Nothing happened. 

I spent some money on groceries. 

Then I got home and nothing continued to happen. 

I hope all my international women had a fantastic International Women's Day. 

Image result for females are strong as hell gif

• Like 3

Saturday Update

Work was so crazy that by the time I finished I was unable to string a sentence together, I was so tired. My feet ached and I was just so bodily tired I am not entirely sure how I got home. I seem to have, I am here now. 

I had to buy more tights so I went to M&S after work. Because I was in M&S and I so rarely go to that end of the city because I usually finish work later I got the awesome pizza and sides so we had that for dinner. I also bought some Krispy Kremes. They were necessary. TH massaged my feet when I got home and we watched Celebrity Bake Off because I needed something cognitively simple and Tim Minchin assembling a croquembouche definitely ticks that box. We were in bed by half eight. The life of a gangsta eh. 

I had stress dreams about work all night though. And I woke up more than once with a cat sitting on my face. 

It's all downhill from here though, hopefully. Although that seems like famous last words.

• Like 5

2 hours ago, deftona said:

I also bought some Krispy Kremes. They were necessary. 

They usually are in my experience.

Hope the work crap gets itself sorted.

• Like 1

Sunday Update

I got so much done at work yesterday and that made me really happy. I did eat too much though, and in the evening I went to my parents for a roast. They also provided a custard tart. It was very nice indeed. I helped my mom fix some of the stuff my step brother has borrowed and ruined because she was quite upset with him for it. We covered a pasting table in some sticky back plastic because he hadn't cleaned it from when he borrowed it and it was covered in stuck on wallpaper. She hasn't even actually used this herself. It makes me angry because my parents are so generous they would give anyone anything they needed and some people take the piss out of that generosity. Maybe I will devote my remaining existence to making sure people appreciate my parents, that seems like a great raison d'etre. 

We got home quite late and we just caught up on each other's day. Then we made lunches and came to bed. I spent the evening looking at wedding dresses. I am not sure how I got sucked down that rabbit hole but I have picked one. Not that I am getting married. Not that actually getting married is that important to me but I do want a nice big fancy dress that makes me look like a cake and that is very important to me. 

595_894_scaled_2130185_1543508mambob-1-1

I wish I moved in the kind of circles where it was ok to wear stuff like that for shits and giggles. I need to go to more balls. 

I had a new challenge but I am not sure I am feeling it so I changed it. And i am not sure I am particularly feeling that either. Maybe I am past challenges. Maybe I just don't give enough of a shit about any of this any more. 

Related image

Spends yesterday were good. I didn't buy the dress. 

• Like 8

47 minutes ago, deftona said:

I wish I moved in the kind of circles where it was ok to wear stuff like that for shits and giggles. I need to go to more balls. 

A lot of times I will be out shopping with Ghostess and she will see a lovely gown that she absolutely loves. I ask her when she would ever wear it and she replies "when you finally get me invited to some balls" :D

If I ever figure out how to do that, I will make sure you and TH get invitations as well.

• Like 2

A lot of times I will be out shopping with Ghostess and she will see a lovely gown that she absolutely loves. I ask her when she would ever wear it and she replies "when you finally get me invited to some balls"

If I ever figure out how to do that, I will make sure you and TH get invitations as well.
I actually favour the "wear your ball gowns everyday, coz you fancy, girl!" approach and hope Ghostess joins me in this fancy revolution.
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, deftona said:
6 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:
A lot of times I will be out shopping with Ghostess and she will see a lovely gown that she absolutely loves. I ask her when she would ever wear it and she replies "when you finally get me invited to some balls" emoji3.png

I actually favour the "wear your ball gowns everyday, coz you fancy, girl!" approach and hope Ghostess joins me in this fancy revolution.

Ball gowns and dish gloves, 'cause you may be fancy but you still got stuff to clean.

This is why I always wear a tool belt with my tux.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, deftona said:

I have picked one

Somehow I imagined you would wear black on your wedding day (yes I imagined your wedding dress before ;) ). Somehow white seems too normal for you ;) 

My wedding dress was red btw :D 

7 hours ago, deftona said:

shits and giggles

I think shitting and giggling would be very difficult in those dresses...

6 hours ago, deftona said:

I actually favour the "wear your ball gowns everyday, coz you fancy, girl!"

Why don't you?

I mean, I would love to rock a lolita look, but I'm afraid of people staring/judging. 

6 hours ago, deftona said:
7 hours ago, WhiteGhost said:
A lot of times I will be out shopping with Ghostess and she will see a lovely gown that she absolutely loves. I ask her when she would ever wear it and she replies "when you finally get me invited to some balls" emoji3.png

Image result for viva la revolution gif

• Like 2

7 hours ago, DrFeelgood said:

Ball gowns and dish gloves, 'cause you may be fancy but you still got stuff to clean.

This is why I always wear a tool belt with my tux.

I don't really do any cleaning, TH does most of that and I fix things. I think I'd better have the toolbelt, it would look great with that dress.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Terah said:

Somehow I imagined you would wear black on your wedding day 

Is this your way of telling me you don't think I am pure enough to wear white on my wedding day? 

7 hours ago, Terah said:

I mean, I would love to rock a lolita look, but I'm afraid of people staring/judging. 

Do what I did a create a Gothic Lolita-esque wrestling persona. Then you can Lolita to your hearts content.

Oh and stop giving a shit about what other people think, other people mostly suck so you shouldn't care what they think :)

• Like 5

9 hours ago, deftona said:

Is this your way of telling me you don't think I am pure enough to wear white on my wedding day? 

Pure is not the right word. I would say innocent ;)

31 minutes ago, Terah said:

Pure is not the right word. I would say innocent ;)

am innocent, Terah. Thank you for noticing :) 

• Haha 2

8 hours ago, deftona said:

Why are you laughing

Image result for it's true gif

Let's just say I've learned a lot new words from you ;)

• Haha 1