• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DJtrippyT

DJ Trippy T: 100 days: HAMMER TIME!

The first four doctors and the ninth were credited on screen as Dr. Who. The books in the 60’s called him Dr. Who. In the episode “The War Machines” he’s called Dr. Who onscreen. Missy/The Master, his best friend, said his real name was Dr. Who. Peter Capaldi calls his character Dr. Who. I think it’s safe to say that calling them Dr. Who is a legitimate variant.

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 6:47 PM, DJtrippyT said:

I finished the 2018 Open in 264th place in my age group (45-49) in my state and this year I'll be in the 50-55 so I'm comin' for you middle-aged bitches! I want to finish in the top 50 this time.

Following.  Partially because I need to scope out the competition for September but mostly because I want to watch you crush it.  =)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

I'll try not to be that person that corrects people who call The Doctor 'Dr Who' 

What? I said I'd try

2 hours ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

The first four doctors and the ninth were credited on screen as Dr. Who. The books in the 60’s called him Dr. Who. In the episode “The War Machines” he’s called Dr. Who onscreen. Missy/The Master, his best friend, said his real name was Dr. Who. Peter Capaldi calls his character Dr. Who. I think it’s safe to say that calling them Dr. Who is a legitimate variant.

Take it outside, people, I’m already supervising two cats

*note: actually lemurs in the picture

9BBEE690-5E1B-4138-8BB6-3D695E453F4B.jpeg

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Friday of zero week: finally back in the gym. I know, right? Nobody is more surprised than I am. I knocked off work early (which means I have to work off the clock today, but whatever) and got in an easy strength workout to limber up, because after 18 days of desk work my knees feel like they're filled with Karo syrup and builder's gravel.

15 min on stationary to warm up

Deadlift: 5 sets of 15 at #95

Tbar 3 sets of 8 at 75

Lat pulldown 3 sets of 10 at 140 

Bench: 3 sets of 8 at 85

100 kb swings (broken into sets of 35) w #25 bell at the end.

So basically I did a normal strength set, just dialed back about 25%. Except for the lat pulls, because there were a bunch of football players in that part of the gym right then and my ego kicked in, so that's a normal weight. Everything felt good; I think if I'd gone in and tried to do a bunch of metcon stuff I'd have been frustrated and bummed. I also walked a mile in the morning.

This morning (saturday) I went for a walk, but I only went half a mile because Cat #2 insisted on accompanying me and I didn't want to tire out his little feet. I want to go to the gym later, but if I don't get this assignment finished today I'm going to drench myself in vanilla extract and set myself alight with the kitchen mini-torch. So it depends on how much I get done. Let's hope for the best.

12 days to go. Son of a biscuit

• Like 5

Week zero wrap up and plans for today. 

I did not get to the gym at all this weekend; what I naively thought would take 3-4 hours on Saturday literally took until 11 pm Sunday night, the very definition of finishing under the wire. Given the choice of getting to the gym or having this project stretch (unpaid) into the new week, I chose getting this enormous pile of paperwork out of my house. I counted up on a calendar last night and I’ve been on this assignment for twenty-three days.

Today I should really start deep cleaning the house, which is completely trashed, and tearing down and reorganizing my work equipment, but I think I’m going to take the work package to fedex and then go to the coffee shop and stare into space while pretending to read; my circuits are all fried and whatever smells dead in the refrigerator will surely be there tomorrow. The *best* plan would be to get out for a hike or something, but it’s raining, so coffee shop meditation it is. 

After I reach equilibrium I will go to the gym. This will please me. As will not having to talk to anyone all day about overages and payroll margins. 

Ten days

• Like 5

Today went, miraculously, almost entirely to plan (except a 30 minute wait in line at FedEx)

I got to the gym and did a CrossFit Metcon called “Sham” which is 7 rounds of 11 body-weight deadlifts and a 400-yard run. Since I’m currently ringing the bell at 214 the body-weight thing isn’t happening, but I did it at 115 and that was quite sufficient. 

I’m obviously concerned about how a two week layoff is going to affect me, but this workout is pretty vivid and I actually came through it really well. I kept expecting my brain to say “nope, we’re done” around set five but I got through all seven rounds with a minimum of walking and never seriously considered quitting. 

FE98B77C-AC30-4E13-BB9A-3BAB0AB0547A.jpeg

• Like 5

4 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I kept expecting my brain to say “nope, we’re done” around set five but I got through all seven rounds with a minimum of walking and never seriously considered quitting. 

source.gif

11 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I got to the gym and did a CrossFit Metcon called “Sham” which is 7 rounds of 11 body-weight deadlifts and a 400-yard run.

CrossFit marketing isn't what it used to be... Re-brand that WOD as "Shag" and see what happens.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

CrossFit marketing isn't what it used to be... Re-brand that WOD as "Shag" and see what happens.

Did they have this phenomenon in Greece?

ED820B63-D9B5-474C-9AFD-458FF9868EDB.jpeg

20 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Did they have this phenomenon in Greece?

Nothing about that image seems familiar, so the answer is probably no.

Gym last night was... okay. I didn’t eat enough during the day and then I ate right before I worked out and it made me a little queasy, and I showed up at the gym without a plan and didn’t really know what I wanted to do. 

I wound up with:

10 minutes on the rower (warm up)

and then a circuit of: 

10 dumbbell thrusters

20 jump rope

10 in swings (45 pound bell)

then I flipped the tire 50 times, which was fun. I can really feel it in my biceps this morning. 

I’m officially one week out; next Thursday the first Open workout will be announced. It’s kind of a relief; I’ve been prepping for it for so long I’m kind of numb with terror at this point :-). I think I prepped properly but we’ll see. 

At least my rangerbrain will get a break from focusing on just the one goal; obsessing about this is starting to make my skull itch

• Like 2

I will say that it's nice to occasionally have someone else do the planning/programming and can focus on just getting things done.  I think you have done some solid prep for this year :) you will rock this!

1 hour ago, TiffanyD said:

I will say that it's nice to occasionally have someone else do the planning/programming and can focus on just getting things done.  I think you have done some solid prep for this year :) you will rock this!

It was a huge pain to lay out 12 weeks of training in the beginning but not having to think about it every time I went to the gym was a huge plus (especially when I was hitting it five times a week). I’ll probably keep the same idea for my next training cycle and just back down the strength work and add longer stuff as I come into bike/adventure race season. @Sloth the Enduring will be pleased. 

1 hour ago, Atrytone said:

This is super exciting DJ, you're gunna rock ranger it!!!

Thanks! I certainly hope so!

• Like 4

One does not simply "prep for the Open". You just work consistently all the time and once every year, the Open is there to both measure and celebrate your annual progress. Stop panicking and get thy head out thy butt #aggressivemotivating

• Like 2