• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DJtrippyT

DJ Trippy T: 100 days: HAMMER TIME!

8 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

One does not simply "prep for the Open". You just work consistently all the time and once every year, the Open is there to both measure and celebrate your annual progress. Stop panicking and get thy head out thy butt #aggressivemotivating

I Agree With DR™

You're going to do great!!

• Like 1

Today’s update: today went largely to plan, in part because I didn’t really have one; it was my first real day off in a while. I am trying to deep-clean one room in the house each day while I’m between assignments, and so far I’ve done the garage, my car (counts as a room because I’m in it so much and store my bike/hike/kayak gear in it) and the dining room, which was my de facto office for three weeks because my actual office is to trashed to work in. I’ve also cleaned and disinfected the refrigerator, which no longer smells like I’m creating a bootleg T-virus in there. 

Today i said to hell with all that, and it was my workout rest day, so I took it easy in the morning and then went for a hike at Stone Mountain (just two miles). It was really warm today and if I had known it was going to be this nice out I would have rigged up my kayak last night and taken it out (although I bet the water is still hella cold). The rain is supposed to come tomorrow and go on for a few days so I wanted to get some outside time; I think the reason I’m so tightly wound right now is that seasonal affective thing that you get when it’s dark and filthy out all the time. 

I also spent a little while using a cute notebook a friend brought me from Japan to lay out some projects I want to work on. And I bought some protein powder and a cute skirt. 

tomorrow it’s back in the gym for a long conditioning workout and deep cleaning the downstairs bathroom (and starting to finish the office reno that I started in August, I think, that has destroyed my workspace)

I’m starting to really miss riding my bike. That will come back into rotation next week I think as an alternate activity so I ease up on the crossfit properly as I go into the open. 

I feel like this cover should be titled, “Sheena battles some bad ecstasy I took in 1994. Allegedly

FCC929D9-0043-4435-A619-A5BC8FE723CE.jpeg

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Cheetah said:

I Agree With DR™

Agreeing with him just encourages his behavior, you know. I’ve learned that from the Cat Whisperer dude. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I feel like this cover should be titled, “Sheena battles some bad ecstasy I took in 1994. Allegedly

*Looks at above statement and comic book cover*

*Looks at user title*

Taaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaank.......

4 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Agreeing with him just encourages his behavior, you know. I’ve learned that from the Cat Whisperer dude. 

Pretty sure you've asked for this aggressive motivation. I'll let you pass this time because it was your rest day...

• Haha 3

Yesterday was good. I deep cleaned my kitchen and did some other odds and ends but didn’t get all my ranger adulting done. 

Gym:

10 mins warm up on rower

then I did a conditioning circuit where I tried to add a few reps to each move each round for the four rounds. It was good, hard enough that I felt like I was suffering but not so hard that I had my head in a trash can. 

Db squats #60 x10, x12, x15, x15

step ups x10, x12, x15, x20

pullups x10 for all four rounds

wallballs x10, x12, x15, x20. These sucked

kb swing #35 x15, x20, x25, x30

today I’m pretty sore and the sun is out so I’m thinking I might get the bike out on the comet for an easy ride just to get outside. Really i just want to sleep all day for some reason but I can’t justify it in my brain. 

DB78B3B4-57C3-4FCA-9B3E-1E99992CDE15.png

• Like 4

Saturday, as predicted, I didn’t do much. I went to Stone Mountain amd read in the sun (with my coat on; it was about sixty degrees). There were cyclists and kayakers out and I was jealous of them, but not jealous enough to go home and get my gear and join them. 

Yesterday involved a lot of domestic Rangering including deep cleaning both the bathrooms (full disclosure: I did not scrub the grout. Ain’t nobody got time for that). Went to gym to do strength work, which is always slightly boring - all those long waits between sets!) and did deadlifts, winding up with sets of three at #165. 

I think i timed this challenge just about right; the open starts this week, just as I’m officially getting sick of the gym and not being able to do any other activities. Today when I finally haul my carcass out of bed (I’m still under the covers at 8:30, dreading the day) I will toy with my workout plan to start segueing into the next season. 

In the afternnoon I will probably ride my bike as the rain has cleared for the day and is threatened for tomorrow. My plan for the 5 weeks of the Open is to hit the gym Sunday and Tuesday (one strength workout and one long circuit), rest day Thursday and then do that weeks Open workout on Friday or Saturday. That way I won’t over do things (last year my one of my issues was I maintained my usual training) and have time to redo a workout if I think I can better the score. I’ll do active recovery the other days (easy bike or hike)

Four days. I am tanned, rested and ready

35D1151D-1E5C-4C6F-B4FF-F0F14D4FC939.gif

• Like 8

Zero day! They announce the first event of the Open tonight, although I won’t do it until Friday or possibly Saturday if the gym’s jammed tomorrow. 

Tuesday I did not go to the gym because it was raining, and if you are thinking that is  possibly the lamest excuse ever, I am right there with you. 

Wednesday I girded my loins and went. The Gym was JAMMED. I don’t know if just don’t normally go on Wednesday or if I surfed into a later wave of people but I swear I hardly knew a person. I had to refigure what I planned to do based on the equipment I could get at. Once I got into things though it went really well. 

I decided to do a ladder workout, because nothing latches onto your soul and sucks it from your body like ladders. It’s like a dementor in workout form. 

I meant to warm up on the rower but forgot. AND I forgot my headphones. Agony. 

Deadlifts - 5 sets w 30 sec rest between each, 100 pounds

x10, x12, x15, x18, x20

OH press - 5 sets w 30 rest 80 pounds

x6, x7, x8, x7, x6

box jumps 12” box

x6, x10, x15, x20

jump rope

x25, x50, x75, x100 (I broke the last two into mini-sets because I’m not all that coordinated to do 100 without missing)

4BC743B1-BE36-41F0-A8C2-32475DCBFBA4.png

• Like 4

19.1 is out! And thank god within my skill set. 

I cropped the screenshot poorly but the women’s workout is 9 foot wall balls with a 6k ball (13.5 lbs)

221DAE2D-B9A4-4E62-81BC-A528591CEE4A.jpeg

• Like 5

On 2/12/2019 at 10:52 AM, DarK_RaideR said:

CrossFit marketing isn't what it used to be... Re-brand that WOD as "Shag" and see what happens.

Or Shaq. I would totally do a Shaq workout.

8 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Zero day!

YESSSSS!

• Like 3

8 hours ago, jstanlick said:

Wall balls and rowing? It's like you've been training for this or something :D

Dave Castro must know they’re the only two things I can do

94D66D6E-FB02-4257-AA5B-8941447328D0.jpeg

• Like 3

Today I booked the flights for

my vacation and I cleaned out the freezer. 

Upon examination, I *may* be overestimating how many frozen vegetables I actually consume. 

DE1AB1A3-BED6-4853-9F16-F5A2CFEA9355.jpeg

• Like 3

First shot at 19.1 in the books! I got 135 points. I’m going to try again tomorrow I think, with a larger dose of preworkout. 

In other news, watching a video of yourself doing wallballs from the back for 15 minutes causes significant psychological scarring. 

98701A1A-8D72-48F7-850B-FC65C65A3D2D.jpeg

• Like 6
  • Haha 1

Just finished attempt #2 at 19.1. Holy shit. It was way harder the second time, but Mr Curtis let me move the rower so I could not have to stop and show the rower screen in the video each round. That saves me just enough time to get six more points so the effort was worth it. 

More brain scarring from watching my video though. Gray sweatpants are NOT my most flattering look. 

Motivational screaming man is here today and in TOP form. The motivation never flags with this guy. 

On to the next

• Like 7

16 hours ago, Xena said:

Great work! 

Thanks!

2 hours ago, Charlie_Quinn said:

Awesome work! Well done Trippy!

Thank you!

today is definitely a rest day; I’m not going to get a better score if I do the workout again plus the gym is always a madhouse on Monday so the odds that I can block off the corner I need to record the workout are slim. 

All in all it went pretty well. The big surprise for me was that on attempt #2, my arms failed first. I guess hurling a 14-pound ball over your head 80-something times is fatiguing, but I really thought my knees/quads would be what gave out. 

Currently I am 28th in my micro-division (women 50-54 in Georgia) but people can record scores until tonight so I’ll probably drop a bit as more scores get logged. Still, 28th puts me in a good place to stay in the top 50. 

I’m also 893rd out of 3,900 in my age group in the United States which puts me solidly in the upper 25% of all my peers; I’m feeling pretty damn fetch about that, let me tell you. If I can stay in the top 1,000 once all the scores come in I’ll be stoked. 

Today will involve domestic rangering and a nap at some point

0827071C-A9D6-4ACD-A518-14EC16F66485.jpeg

• Like 5