• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DJtrippyT

DJ Trippy T: 100 days: HAMMER TIME!

Entries close in an hour, I think. I’m in 43rd place in my micro division as of now so I think I’ll hold on to the top 50. 

I’m down to 1435th in the US, but that was never the field I was competing against so that’s fine. Still in the upper 30%. 

• Like 6

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Top 30% is solid. Way to put it to them.

I expect no less from Trippysdottir :-)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Tragedy! The last few scores came in and I’m 55th. Just outside my window. 

Four more weeks to go so lets let’s see if I can move up in the standings. I still feel

pretty good about the rank; I think the first workout last year I finished somewhere in the 180’s and my final position after the five weeks was 232nd so I’m obviously killing it (in a non-violent, metaphorical way)

• Like 7

4 minutes ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Five people ahead of you huh? Maybe want me to take care of them?

2fbba6f60d5704ae59975dea663fd12b.jpg

Hahahahahahhahaha brilliant

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

Pro tip: See if you can arrange for screaming motivational man to be around for when you give 19.2 a go

He was there for my second attempt at 19.1 but was focused on terrifying someone else. I think he was trying out new material

• Like 3

This guy sounds amazing.  I could never get to that place while at the gym though.  My old coach would always be like "get angry at it" and I'm just like, why would I be mad, this is my happy place, lol.  Driving on the other hand....

• Haha 1

Today has involved a lot of tedious Adulting and I’m not going to make it to the gym. I have to start looking for my next assignment which is a concept so disheartening that I can only view it from a distance and a very oblique angle, like when you think you see your ex in the grocery store and you’re trying to confirm your suspicions without turning your head and risking eye contact. 

I have a video of the Okinowa Aquarium full-screened on my laptop, with my favorite ambient mix behind it. It is very soothing. 

B8D58372-502F-4398-A245-3C2B5F096289.jpeg

• Like 4

On 2/26/2019 at 7:25 PM, Xena said:

My go-to is this kitten rescue cam

https://explore.org/livecams/kitten-rescue/kitten-rescue-cam

That is dangerous, dangerous stuff right there. I would fly to LA and come home with all of them. That video gives LA a reason to exist. 

If I did not like to travel I would be a Woman With A Cat Problem. 

On 2/26/2019 at 7:54 PM, Cheetah said:

Adulting is for the birds.  I say we rebel.

To the barricades! I’ll bring snacks. 

• Like 2

Today it is 50 degrees and raining and I have no idea what to do with my life. Which sort of sums up Atlanta in the winter. Yesterday it wa 65 and sunny and I spent it organizing our DVD shelf in an attempt to impose some sense of order. I am a fool. We have over 500 DVDs, mostly bought in thrift shops and from the bootleg guy at the barbershop (my boyfriend has a compulsive shopping/hoarding problem). They look much nicer now and if anyone wants one of the eight copies of The Matrix Revolutions we apparently needed, hit me up. 

Yesterday I did a fairly short, fairly simple workout yet this morning I’m incredibly sore. 

Double dumbbell snatch - 3 sets of 10 w 25 pound dumbbells 

burpees with 20” box step ups 

3 sets of ten 

box jumps 2 sets of ten, one at 10” and one at 12”. 

My plan was to work up to a 20” box jump but I realized halfway thru the 12”s that’s just not going to happen (at least not until I lose sixty pounds). 

I did the double dumbbell snatches - say that five times fast - because they’ve shown up in every Crossfit sanctioned event so far this season and I feel like there’s a zero percent chance they won’t show up in the open, so I wanted to be at least familiar with them. I think that’s why I’m so sore. Different movement. 

Today is rest day, and they’ll announce the next event tonight and I’ll do it tomorrow. My trainer was at the gym last night he cane over and asked how the competition was going and was very excited for me that it’s going well. Later I heard him telling his training client for that hour how hard I had worked and that I was killing it and I almost cried. 

I remembered to take a gym selfie last night to show off my shoulders. Bam!

• Like 6

Everyone is chatty in the coffee shop today. How DARE people have appropriately developed social skills and use them in a public place that I am also inhabiting. Appalling. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

I tried to "like" your instagram post but I don't remember my instagram login and I'm lazy.

Yeah, I'm perpetually on the verge of co-habitating with 20 cats. That video feed has carried me through many boring and/or stressful meetings.

• Like 2

19.2 is out! And... I’m gonna have to scale it. BUT because I worked really hard on my toe-to-bar and stuff I’m going fucking PUT THE BOOT to the scaled version. So there. 

The RX version is rounds of toes to bar (can’t do) double unders (likewise) and squat cleans which I could actually do and at the weight, too, so that’s a bummer. 

The scaled version is hanging knee raises (CAKEWALK) single jump ropes (LIKEWISE) and squat cleans at the laughable scaled weight (gonna do these and eat a hot dog at the same time)

bright side, this takes two of the three moves I can’t do RX out in one workout, so my odds of getting the rest at RX improves

https://games.crossfit.com/workouts/open/2019/2?division=6&workout_type=scaled

• Like 5

Sounds like a plan!  Now I'm going to go google all of those words and find out what they mean!

edit - she did the things in the video and now I understand them.  so thanks for the link!  :-)

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Sounds like a plan!  Now I'm going to go google all of those words and find out what they mean!

edit - she did the things in the video and now I understand them.  so thanks for the link!  :-)

Ha! I should probably explain things better

Oh god it’s three am and the incredibly delicious pork belly taco I had for dinner is making my stomach so, so angry. 

[heads to Ranger Tavern in search of pepto-bismol]

• Like 1