• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DJtrippyT

DJ Trippy T: 100 days: HAMMER TIME!

Easy workout tonight, but I hit three 90 pound barbell snatches (giggle) which if  not a PR is certainly the high end of my range. 

Whoot!

• Like 4

Great job!

I think that I could never crossfit because olympic lifts scare me.  I'm sure I would hurt myself.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Cheetah said:

Great job!

I think that I could never crossfit because olympic lifts scare me.  I'm sure I would hurt myself.

They definitely scare me. That’s the one tenet of CrossFit I really can’t get behind - nobody should be doing snatches and deadlifts for time. To easy to get hurt. 

BUT if you’re doing them sensibly with attention to the form there’s nothing like it. Nothing changed my fitness level the way heavy deadlifts and clean and jerks did. It integrates your mind and your body at a whole different level, because it takes so much concentration. I’m a real advocate for it being part of any program. 

• Like 3

On 3/5/2019 at 5:26 PM, Elastigirl said:

I know my blood pressure raises when I'm even slightly overweight, so  I would think that would really help your blood pressure  (and your joints, and your entire body) 

My blood pressure is finally coming down a bit, but losing weight would definitely help. And it would be a huge relief for my poor knees and feet. 

On 3/5/2019 at 10:35 PM, Xena said:

I love living vicariously through you crossfitters. It's so interesting to read about how you attack and solve the WOD problems.!

The regular workouts are generally an exercise in self-flagellation, but the competition is a cool chance to do some problem-solving. I’m not obsessed enough to watch all the videos that come out the day after they announce the WOD where various coaches explain their theories on how best to do them (maybe some of the videos...) but it’s very satisfying to puzzle out the transitions and things. The first time I realized the best place to take rest breaks in the DT workout was after deadlifts but BEFORE the hang cleans was incredibly gratifying. It was a moment where my body was an understandable mechanism, rather than just me flailing around like one of those sky dancers at a used car lot. 

On 3/5/2019 at 10:35 PM, Xena said:

Regarding weight - I'm completely here for you no matter what you decide to do.

I appreciate that. I’ll probably decide to stop eating an entire frozen pizza on the regular for a start. Take the easy wins first. 

6232608B-453A-4886-8928-FF95B5A194CE.jpeg

• Like 5

On 3/1/2019 at 6:01 AM, Charlie_Quinn said:

boom bam son GIF by NETFLIX

so I may end up looking like an 80s power dresser 

God, I miss 80’s power suits. So crisp! 

C20B5DEF-FA4E-4AE5-AEC3-85501B9F4BBB.jpeg

• Like 3

4 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

They definitely scare me. That’s the one tenet of CrossFit I really can’t get behind - nobody should be doing snatches and deadlifts for time. To easy to get hurt. 

BUT if you’re doing them sensibly with attention to the form there’s nothing like it. Nothing changed my fitness level the way heavy deadlifts and clean and jerks did. It integrates your mind and your body at a whole different level, because it takes so much concentration. I’m a real advocate for it being part of any program. 

This

So much this

The moment you abandon form in order to spaz out is the moment you're doing it wrong and risking serious injury. Slick technique, attention to form and clean reps should always be priority #1.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

God, I miss 80’s power suits. So crisp! 

:friendly_wink:

The real reason I work out: shoulder pads are no longer in style, but I really miss that look

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Elastigirl said:

The real reason I work out: shoulder pads are no longer in style, but I really miss that look

This just reminded me that at a certain point in the 80’s you could buy shoulder pads as a stand alone item, just in case you bought an outfit that the designer had the audacity to leave them off of. They velcro’d to your bra straps, I think. 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I appreciate that. I’ll probably decide to stop eating an entire frozen pizza on the regular for a start. Take the easy wins first.

One day last week, I was pretty hungry at work. Decided to order a large pizza to pick up on the way home. Was telling myself what a great idea this was...I probably hadn't ordered a carryout pizza for myself in ~5 years.

As you probably guessed, I ate the whole damned thing in one sitting (TBH, I probably really was hungry enough that 3/4 of it was reasonable). No more pizza carryout for me for a while.

• Haha 1

40 minutes ago, DJtrippyT said:

This just reminded me that at a certain point in the 80’s you could buy shoulder pads as a stand alone item, just in case you bought an outfit that the designer had the audacity to leave them off of. They velcro’d to your bra straps, I think. 

Yep. Had those. And kept them way longer than fashionably appropriate.

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

3 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Yep. Had those. And kept them way longer than fashionably appropriate.

Guys we need to bring them back. If there's one thing the world needs now it's women in powersuits with impossibly wide dimensions.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, deftona said:

Guys we need to bring them back. If there's one thing the world needs now it's women in powersuits with impossibly wide dimensions.

371D1956-A7A7-4A2A-988C-6092BFFF1E0A.jpeg

• Like 2

17 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

I specifically remember my mom owning those, as well as a pair that would velcro to the inside of a jacket. Not sure if the latter was a post-purchase custom add on though.

10 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

371D1956-A7A7-4A2A-988C-6092BFFF1E0A.jpeg

sister-of-battle-horz.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

specifically remember my mom owning those, as well as a pair that would velcro to the inside of a jacket

OMG the jacket ones I remember those too!!!!

if you had a shirt that had the pads and then your blazer had shoulder pads you had to spend the whole day making sure they stayed stacked correctly, or else you became Quasimodo. 

Of course, the real takeaway from this is we now know I’m old enough to be @DarK_RaideR ‘s mom. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

sister-of-battle-horz.jpg

I wonder if those metal boob cups chafe, or if they just make you feel extra perky. Certainly more comfortable than the average underwire bra. 

1 hour ago, DJtrippyT said:

Of course, the real takeaway from this is we now know I’m old enough to be @DarK_RaideR ‘s mom. 

I mean... you do compete in the 50-55 group in this year's Open, right?

1 hour ago, DJtrippyT said:

I wonder if those metal boob cups chafe, or if they just make you feel extra perky. Certainly more comfortable than the average underwire bra. 

I was aiming to showcase the shoulder pads really, but the metal boob cups certainly look promising, especially if that fleur de lis can be replaced with a working spike or some kind of miniature machine gun.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, DarK_RaideR said:

I mean... you do compete in the 50-55 group in this year's Open, right?

FIFTY TO FIFTY-FOUR, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

• Haha 1

18 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

FIFTY TO FIFTY-FOUR, THANK YOU VERY MUCH

So what, I thought you were on the lower end of that spectrum anyway :D

• Like 2

On 3/9/2019 at 7:32 AM, DJtrippyT said:

I wonder if those metal boob cups chafe, or if they just make you feel extra perky.

They seem somehow anatomically not quite right and a little saggy in a weird way. I guess I would vote for a more push-up style of metal boob armor if I had to pick.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

28 minutes ago, Xena said:

Perhaps that was too obvious though, I mean, there is this...

image.thumb.png.b1339c82d4261be50698b3d815085280.png

I like this outfit. I’m going to have one made to wear to work. 

• Like 1

Just now, DJtrippyT said:

I like this outfit. I’m going to have one made to wear to work. 

Lucky we don't live in the same town. Otherwise we would have to call each other so we didn't end up wearing it on the same day. Same with all those Sheena outfits!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

2 hours ago, Xena said:

Lucky we don't live in the same town. Otherwise we would have to call each other so we didn't end up wearing it on the same day. Same with all those Sheena outfits!

A4304CCA-2B8A-4DE9-BC84-F1DD6A7288E1.png

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Xena said:

They seem somehow anatomically not quite right and a little saggy in a weird way. I guess I would vote for a more push-up style of metal boob armor if I had to pick.

I thought they looked a little low-set but I didn't want to judge from my ivory boob tower.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, deftona said:

I thought they looked a little low-set but I didn't want to judge from my ivory boob tower.

Listen, wait til you hit menopause and see if you don’t need to have all your tit-fitted battle armor retooled. It happens to the best of us. 

• Like 3