• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

DJtrippyT

DJ Trippy T: 100 days: HAMMER TIME!

Update! And then time to roll this over into the next challenge. 

So this weekend was the third CrossFit Open workout, which will be forever seared into my brain as 19.3: Pass The Advil. It was the hardest so far and required the most gymnastic skill since the last two moves were handstand push-ups and a handstand walk, which definitely wasn’t happening as I am not a performer with Cirque de Soleil. 

Workout was: 

200 feet walking lunges with 35-dumbbell overhead (you could switch hands, but it had to be in one hand at any given time)

50 20” step-ups, holding 35 pound dumbbell 

50 Handstand pushups

and the handstand walk. 

I took a gamble with this one. I knew if I did it scaled I could get more reps, but I’ve been bemoaning the lack of strength work in this open after I spent all that effort getting my lifts up and I suspected most people in my division would go for the scaled version. I’d also already decided to only do the workout once this week because I’ve done it twice the previous two weeks and I’m starting to not recover - I’m always shocked by how hard the competition workouts are - and with that in mind I decided to go for the RX version and get as many reps as I could of the strength moves and hope it was enough. 

I got 21 reps (105 feet of lunges) before the time ran out. Holy Moses 35 pounds is a LOT to hold overhead for that long. My shoulders are killing me today. My score isn’t great, but i was actually really pleased with how well my legs and knees held up - I was sure my knees would be the point of failure but it was the weight overhead that was the hard part. 

(My quads hate me this morning though)

My gamble at this point seems to be working - I’m currently in 20th place for that workout and I’ve moved back up the leaderboard to 65th place from 74th! Hooray! I don’t know if that will hold though as people will be submitting scores all day today and it’s physically impossible for me to do that workout again to try to get a better score (I could touch up a few things to make it smoother but I doubt I could get the weight up over my head again). I heard a lot of chatter on the inter webs that a lot of people were skipping this workout because it was the hardest, and last year I skipped the 3rd workout because that’s where the cumulative fatigue sets in, so maybe my score will hold. Fingers crossed. 

New challenge starts today which will include finishing the open in Beast Mode and training for another event. Please stop by and I’ll do my best to be entertaining. 

ETA: New challenge is here

493EDCF5-C22C-4F8C-BA78-6A99DB0C948A.png

• Like 4

1 hour ago, Sloth the Enduring said:

Good Lord. How’d it feel to brush your hair this morning. Or go upstairs.

Holy cow, you don't even know. My post-workout DOMS hit before I'd even left the building. I feel like a piece of barbed wire.

• Like 3

8 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

Listen, wait til you hit menopause and see if you don’t need to have all your tit-fitted battle armor retooled. It happens to the best of us. 

If Battle Tits was my new nickname I don't think I'd complain. 

Yay for the mojo and winging your way up that leader board. I'm sure the DOMS will disappear. One day. Maybe. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, deftona said:

If Battle Tits was my new nickname I don't think I'd complain. 

Yay for the mojo and winging your way up that leader board. I'm sure the DOMS will disappear. One day. Maybe. 

Totally on board for the Battle Tits division

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, DarK_RaideR said:

That 19.3 sounds familiar, was it the repeat workout?

No, supposedly 19.1 was the repeat. I’ve only done it the two times so it was new to me either way. 

I wish they’d have repeated 17.1 or 18.2; I was good at those. 

12 hours ago, DJtrippyT said:

which definitely wasn’t happening as I am not a performer with Cirque de Soleil

yet.

I'm completely impressed that you went for full-on badass mode in that workout!

• Like 1

On 3/11/2019 at 9:47 PM, Xena said:

yet.

I'm completely impressed that you went for full-on badass mode in that workout!

“Yet”

hahahahhaha