Longterm Goals/ Find The Fantastic Beasts-

4 hours ago, Defining said:

Bad week. I have a cold, have been exceptionally unproductive, and pretty much just cranky. Well, here's to starting again fresh with a new week! (think positive thoughts :| )

Week 4 End:

G1: 63km

G2: 6hrs video

G3: 0hrs tidying

G4: 6 days met intake goals

BG5: almost all physio, no workout (and I'm still sick, bah humbug)

Week 5 goals.

I dunno, I'm just not in a great headspace. I might move my walking desk, it's effing cold in the basement, and I'd like a bit more natural light.

Splurged on a new camera toy, so that will hopefully add some excitement - aiming to get some outside broll recorded this week.

I'm going to try to both tidy and rearrange my bedroom today - I need to change up my environment, and my focus is shot so I'm not likely to get anything super productive done today anyway.

At least the food thing is going well - I'm planning on just eating the same thing more or less for the next little while, can't be bothered to worry about meal planning right now.

If nothing else, keeping track of goals like this has really emphasised to me how quickly time passes - I've literally spent a month going 'gotta work out, will do it this week', without actually getting it done. That's....kind of silly. So. Something to look at. Maybe I need to start tracking my Say:DO ratios... 

Hope you feel better this week.  One of the things I really like about challenges is how much it shows me that time passes. 

• Like 2

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Struggled this week. My mother - in law is doing better, but I think all the stress ust caught up with me, and I was super tired. And we have family staying with us, which I really enjoy, but it does leave less time for other stuff. Also, I underestimated what a huge job it was to clean out our file cabinets.

Goal #1

task; declutter file cabinet about 70% done

desk; nothing

Goal #2 scrapbook, didn't happen

Not as much as I wanted done, but more than if I hadn't made the goal.

Next week

Goal #1 finish file cabinet

declutter papers in desk

paper shredded in basket

Goal #2

do 2 pages in scrapbook

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

On ‎3‎/‎12‎/‎2019 at 12:32 PM, Defining said:

I mean....it's useful. But not necessarily comfortable. ;) 

A feature of a flaw?:friendly_wink:

• Like 1

fantastic-beasts-2-grindelwald-poster.jp

A message from Newt

Grindelwald has come out with all his dark forces to stop mes from finding the beasts. He has done his best to scatter the beasts into far off land, tormenting the beasts and causing them  to attack muggles, and the city of New York is in chaos.  Grindelwald and his evil henchman have cast spells on  the wizards trying to locate the beasts.There have been spells of sickness, despair.and apathy. I know some of you wizards  have had these spells cast on you. It seems like the odds are overwhelming. We don't know how far the beasts have roamed. Grindelwald has a large force of his evil wizards set to do his bidding. The muggles are confused, and are demanding we fix every problem and we feel beat down. But,  I ask you to summon every bit of courage and tenacity you have to help me. Don't give up now, the odds are too high. All these incredible beasts need your help to return safely to their home. If they continue to wander the streets of New York City, it will further escalate the tension between muggles and wizards.  Grindelwald wants to use  this to his advantage, to give his evil wizards reason to start a muggle -wizard war. But, we won't let him. I know with you as helpers, we shall find all the beasts, 

Congratutions and thanks you for all the help you have been;

Here is my latest tally on beasts

1 Niffler found by @TGP

1 Niffler found by @Suzaqu

1 Bowtruckler found by @Inazea

1 Niffler found by @"BOT" - BackOnTrack

2 Bowtrucklers found by @Defining

MV5BMTk2NTE3MDk5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwODEy

latest?cb=20161129180529

Hope you are all ready to continue you our quest. Our thread is moved. Tagging everyone so  you can find us.

@TGP, @KB Girl, @Suzaqu, @Inazea, @"BOT" - BackOnTrack, @lucky fire dragon, @Mad Hatter, @jmk, @Defining, @annyshay

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

@Tanktimus the Encourager can you move this thread to the current challenge? Thanks

I moved it into the PVP section. That gets moved every challenge to the new section that way it can always stay in the current forums.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Current Challenge

"By the Most-Righteous-and-Blessed Beard of Sir Tanktimus the Encourager!" - Jarl Rurik Harrgath

1 hour ago, Tanktimus the Encourager said:

I moved it into the PVP section. That gets moved every challenge to the new section that way it can always stay in the current forums.

Good idea thanks

My check in:

Goal 1Woot! I finished sort all the files in the file desk. That was a massive undertaking. But I finished it. Did not quite finish all the shredding. I already filled 4 garbage sacks though. Yeah, a lot of paper. And I can only do so much and then our shredder overheats, so it's really a long process. But it all fits in our  to be shredded basket now

Next week : 1.all the papers in the other parts of the desk filed 

2. Papers in closet filed

3. Hopefully shred all the papers, but at least shoot for them fitting neatly in basket

Goal 2

I actually did 5 pages, which catches me up from missing last week

Do 2 pages

How is everyone else doing?

• Like 2

We are already to week 6! This is the point where it gets even more tempting to quit. We've been slogging along for a while, but we still have a seemingly endless way to go. I know for a lot of us, these past weeks have been really tough. We made goals and plans with sunny optimism, only to have life throw us a bunch of curve balls. I've been impressed with  how you kept going. @"BOT" - BackOnTrack lived up to her name, and got right back on track after battling sickness, @annyshay is in the midst of getting a new job, and work travel, and still manages to spend time on her goal, and @TGP had plumbing emergencies to deal with, and still managed to get some hiking in. We've had to adapt, sometimes go at a slower pace than we planned,  but we have kept moving. If we can keep up the momentum through this  four week challenge, then we will be at the crest of the hill, almost at our end goal, and we can then take a little time to enjoy how far we travelled. Even if you don't quite make your goal, you will have travelled further than you had before. Let's see what kind of progress we can make this week!

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Great rallying cry, EG!

Week Five Check In

Goal 1 - Publish my Research

Priority Action - 10 minutes of writing (prep, drafting, or editing) per work day

4/5 days

Goal 2 - Improve my Finances

Priority Action - Log in YNAB daily

5/7 days

For week 6 my priority actions are... the same. Still aiming to maintain until I hit these out of the park.

Priority Action - 10 minutes of writing (prep, drafting, or editing) per work day

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

22 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

We are already to week 6! This is the point where it gets even more tempting to quit. We've been slogging along for a while, but we still have a seemingly endless way to go. I know for a lot of us, these past weeks have been really tough. We made goals and plans with sunny optimism, only to have life throw us a bunch of curve balls. I've been impressed with  how you kept going. @"BOT" - BackOnTrack lived up to her name, and got right back on track after battling sickness, @annyshay is in the midst of getting a new job, and work travel, and still manages to spend time on her goal, and @TGP had plumbing emergencies to deal with, and still managed to get some hiking in. We've had to adapt, sometimes go at a slower pace than we planned,  but we have kept moving. If we can keep up the momentum through this  four week challenge, then we will be at the crest of the hill, almost at our end goal, and we can then take a little time to enjoy how far we travelled. Even if you don't quite make your goal, you will have travelled further than you had before. Let's see what kind of progress we can make this week!

Yes! Momentum I certainly need this week. Talk about curve ball~  I live in Elizabeth Colorado and we were in the eye of the bomb cyclone blizzard. I was stuck out of town for 3 days because the county roads were all closed to get back into town, then no power for days. The husband and I have been licking our wounds and soothing ourselves with cheesecake and other 'no-no's.  So yet again, back on track again ...um, well..tomorrow.  I need to write my to-do's soon, but this is my official 'check-in'. 

• Like 1
26 minutes ago, "BOT" - BackOnTrack said:

Yes! Momentum I certainly need this week. Talk about curve ball~  I live in Elizabeth Colorado and we were in the eye of the bomb cyclone blizzard. I was stuck out of town for 3 days because the county roads were all closed to get back into town, then no power for days. The husband and I have been licking our wounds and soothing ourselves with cheesecake and other 'no-no's.  So yet again, back on track again ...um, well..tomorrow.  I need to write my to-do's soon, but this is my official 'check-in'. 

Oh my! Glad you are alright.That was extreme weather, even for Colorado

• Like 2

Belated check-in, but:

Week 5 End:

G1: 69km

G2: 9hrs video

G3: 12hrs tidying

G4: 7 days met intake goals

BG5: all physio, 1 workout (YAY!)

by.gif.ee2652326adb116d9574006b5518d34a.gif

Week 6 goals:

G1: Continue on, would like to actually hit the 70km mark again this week

G2: Going to declutter one the of bathrooms this week

G3: Need to get some video ready to actually post!

G4: Keep on keeping on

BG5: try to get 2 workouts in - only place to go is UP!

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

Finish shredding all the papers in Mt Shred-me! I'm sure as I declutter, the mountain will rise again, but for now the basket is empty.

Bit of a late check in, last week got stressful and many things didn't go as planned.

Week 5

Goal 1

Action 1 - Apply for a semester off: Done.

Action 2 - Make sure I have the finances for my own place: Not done.

Action 3 - Continue to look through the newspaper: Done.

Action 4 - Sort through wall decorations, what stays, what needs to go: Done.

Goal 2

Action 1 - Track all my intake: Done.

Action 2 - Eat protein rich dinners every day: Not done.

Action 3 - Swap at least one snack a day for a vegetable: Done.

Action 4 - No liquid calories; this is a rather small step since I don't drink any sodas and fruit juices but I drink a lot of coffee with milk: Not done.

Week 6

Goal 1

Action 1 - Again, the search for a new place continues so I better check the papers.

Action 2 - Secure financing for my own place.

Goal 2

My actions will be the same as last week.

• Like 1

Great work team!

We continue our work, and have found several more beasts. Grindelwold is unable to stop us.

We've found a total of 4 Bowtruckles-  @TGP credited with 2 finds, and @"BOT" - BackOnTrackfinding 2

@annyshay helped us locate 2 Nifflers (we've got several of those now, so everybody keep on eye on your shiny things - you know how Nifflers are around shinies)

and a special congratulation to @Defining for being the first to find, not one, but two of the elusive Zouwu's. Good job everyone!

zouwu.gif

• Like 2

Week Six Check In

4/5 days

7/7 days

For week 7 my priority actions are... 

Priority Action - 15 minutes of writing (prep, drafting, or editing) per work day

• Like 1

Love as thou wilt.

Week 6 End:

G1: 71km

G3: 7hrs tidying

BG5: all physio, 2 workouts

SO. That's going well then. But I am just feeling....I dunno, not unmotivated, but...indifferent? Bored? Something. I may do something as a fun 'holiday' day sometime this week, if I can. Just need to get out of my head for a bit.

Week 7 Goals:

G1: This is going well, aiming to keep to the 70km as a minimum from hereon out

G2: Also going well, but I keep chickening out on posting stuff - need more courage? Or maybe actually write out a schedule for myself...

G3: Tidying. Oh, tidying. Well, a cousin is going to be crashing at my place next week, so I'll probably focus on the guest room & tidying up the main level this week

G4: Meeting intake goals - Thank *&^$ for protein powder.

BG5: Super glad I got in two workouts last week - I'd love to aim for 3 this week, but I'm going to stick with 2 as the initial goal so I don't stretch myself too far too fast

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

Week 6 wrap up

Goal 1

action item: file cabinet papers filed-complete

item 2: all other papers filed- complete

item 3- paper shredded or fitting in basket- filed papers, it's sort of a never ending task as a few more showed up, but it's a very small stack

Goal 2

scrapbook- 2 pages done

Week 7

Goal 1

clean out top drawer file cabinet

clean out cd shelf

clean top desk

Goal 2

2 pages scrapbook- which will complete the scrapbook

Very happy with this week!

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Defining said:

Week 6 End:

G1: 71km

G3: 7hrs tidying

BG5: all physio, 2 workouts

SO. That's going well then. But I am just feeling....I dunno, not unmotivated, but...indifferent? Bored? Something. I may do something as a fun 'holiday' day sometime this week, if I can. Just need to get out of my head for a bit.

Week 7 Goals:

G1: This is going well, aiming to keep to the 70km as a minimum from hereon out

G2: Also going well, but I keep chickening out on posting stuff - need more courage? Or maybe actually write out a schedule for myself...

G3: Tidying. Oh, tidying. Well, a cousin is going to be crashing at my place next week, so I'll probably focus on the guest room & tidying up the main level this week

G4: Meeting intake goals - Thank *&^$ for protein powder.

BG5: Super glad I got in two workouts last week - I'd love to aim for 3 this week, but I'm going to stick with 2 as the initial goal so I don't stretch myself too far too fast

A fun holiday day sounds like a fun reward for all the work you've done. I agree, protein powder makes life much easier

• Thanks 1

Week 6 Check in

Goal 1

Action 1 - Again, the search for a new place continues so I better check the papers: 1/1

Action 2 - Secure financing for my own place: 1/1

Goal 2

Action 1 - Track all my intake: 7/7

Action 2 - Eat protein rich dinners every day: 3/7

Action 3 - Swap at least one snack a day for a vegetable: 7/7 (Actually 3 of those were pumpkin seeds but I will still count them since they are a healthy option)

Action 4 - No liquid calories: 7/7

I'm very happy with how this went actually!

Week 7 Goals

Goal 1 

Action 1 - Continue my search.

Action 2 - Sort through the boxes under my bed and in my shelves and get rid of what I don't need/want anymore.

Action 3 - I know what I need for my kitchen and how much it costs but what about the rest? Determine what is needed (A couch? Toilet brush? Anything?)

Goal 2

Action 1 - Walk a total of at least 15 km this week.

Action 2 - Eat at least 100g of protein every day.

Action 3 - No fructose.

Action 4 - No liquid calories.

• Like 2

I've got a bad habit of not saying much on here, when I check in ... so I'll do it!

Week 6 Check in....

home repairs are wrapped up and I'll be on the mend for the next few weeks.  I think I'm already passing last weeks dismal score at my 2 goals...

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

2 hours ago, TGP said:

I've got a bad habit of not saying much on here, when I check in ... so I'll do it!

Week 6 Check in....

home repairs are wrapped up and I'll be on the mend for the next few weeks.  I think I'm already passing last weeks dismal score at my 2 goals...

Wait, did I miss something? Are you hurt?

• Like 1