Longterm Goals/ Find The Fantastic Beasts-

0599f0d5e22fd36cfa12c9799f581160--a-guy-who-newt-scamander.jpgMessage from Newt:

I can't begin to tell you how grateful I am for all your help in finding my creatures. You have no idea how upset the Ministry of Magic was with me, over the little accident of letting them wander in the city. And the muggles! Well , they were in a panic. Not to mention how Grindelwald tries to use things like this to start a war between us and the muggles. We have captured almost all the creatures, there are just a few more roaming about. Sorry it's been a while since I've written to you, it's been rather hectic around here.

Here's some more creatures spotted

Elastigirl found a Fwooper

@"BOT" - BackOnTrack found a Zouwu- and special mention of bravery as she was searching for him during the blizzard. I think she may have actually found him buried in a snow drift.

@Defining has been hard at work and found 4 mooncalves

@TGP found a Fwooper and a mooncalf

@annyshay found a Fwooper

Screenshot-2018-07-21-19.55.45.png

605f5742fffb1b1ad0803917b8fb47d76a5879914175334e2b9ebd525388f423249c3952e5c5c3a6fe7f728b79670fc7.jpg

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Week 10 check in:

I found a Zouwu last week!! woohoo! 

yes in a snowdrift haha...good one. 

Well today was quite a different day. Colorado shut down 800 schools because someone was running around with a shotgun and making threats since the Columbine anniversary is near. My child's (teen fabulous) school was one of them. We stayed up baking until 10pm last night for his class and didn't even get to bring the goods to school ...grrrr.  Anyway the whole ordeal is over, so onward. 

I really need a back up plan for days that he stays home, because I use it as an excuse to overeat, not work out, and be lazy. So I am adding that to my goal this week. 

BG1:  Slowly add in I.F. rules, watch carbs

BG2: Get back to workouts 

So many Actions:

1.Come up with plan of action, and a back up plan for distractions! 

2. Violin practices!

3. Clean room

4. Transfer seeds to bigger pods

5. Clean Photo Booth equipment, props, paint poles

6. Paint baseboard and p sign

7. MEAL PREP

8. Brush out Oli

• Like 1
16 minutes ago, "BOT" - BackOnTrack said:

Week 10 check in:

I found a Zouwu last week!! woohoo! 

yes in a snowdrift haha...good one. 

Well today was quite a different day. Colorado shut down 800 schools because someone was running around with a shotgun and making threats since the Columbine anniversary is near. My child's (teen fabulous) school was one of them. We stayed up baking until 10pm last night for his class and didn't even get to bring the goods to school ...grrrr.  Anyway the whole ordeal is over, so onward. 

I really need a back up plan for days that he stays home, because I use it as an excuse to overeat, not work out, and be lazy. So I am adding that to my goal this week. 

BG1:  Slowly add in I.F. rules, watch carbs

BG2: Get back to workouts 

So many Actions:

1.Come up with plan of action, and a back up plan for distractions! 

2. Violin practices!

3. Clean room

4. Transfer seeds to bigger pods

5. Clean Photo Booth equipment, props, paint poles

6. Paint baseboard and p sign

7. MEAL PREP

8. Brush out Oli

That sounds like a stressful day. I like your plan of coming up with a plan for when teen fabulous is home.  When I started gaining weight, my son was a teen. Part of it was my hormones, but also the fact that I felt like I should eat everytime he did- which amounts to a lot of food:smile-new:

• Like 1

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Week Ten Check In

Goal 1 - Publish my Research

Priority Action - 30 minutes of writing (prep, drafting, or editing) per work day

3/5 days

Goal 2 - Improve my Finances

Priority Action - Log in YNAB daily

7/7 days

For week 11 my priority actions are... 

Priority Action - 30 minutes of writing (prep, drafting, or editing) per work day

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Week 10 check in

Goal #1

I decided to make it easy and do only one easy thing for this goal- and then totally forgot to do it.:redface-new: 

Goal #2

I finished my scrapbook!! All done. I just need my husband to edit it( I like a second pair of eyes proofreading it) 

Next week

Goal #1

1) Decide where to put husband's origami

2) put on excel all the paint colors so we can recycle old cans

3) start a goodwill pile of easy decisions to toss for garage

Goal #2

1) remind hubby to edit scrapbook

2) hang  picture hanger

• Like 1

Hey gang, how's everyone doing? Can you believe it is week 11 already? Take a moment and think back to week one and see how much you've accomplished. Even if it isn't everything you planned, I bet it's more than if you hadn't made goals. How are you feeling about the next two weeks? What do you need to do to finish strong?

For me, I  finished my scrapbook, so that is super encouraging. I've organized my clothes, and my office looks fantastic.  At the start of the challenge, I had also planned to be done with the garage by now too. Instead I am just starting. I'm a little  bit daunted by the garage task. It is sort of in chaos right now. And the original high energy of twelve weeks- I want to Mari Kondo Everything- is pretty dull. I think I will give myself a reward for the hard work thus far. I'm going to buy an air plant to put in my bathroom. And then I will re-read some of the Mari Kondo books, and spend some time visualizing how much a clean garage will bring hubby and I joy to hopefully spur me on.

• Like 3

Week 10 End:

G1: 78km

G2: 13hrs video

G3: 9hrs tidying

G4: 6 days met intake goals

BG5: all physio, 4 workout

Back on track, and I think I may start a 4 week challenge as well. Thinking of doing a more extreme/intentional calorie cut for a bit along with a proper schedules workout plan - would like to strip off some fat and get some strength back. Need to think about that. Also, 7hrs/week of tidying is almost feeling....not enough. Will need to take a look to see how much time I'd actually like to budget for 'environment design & optimisation' ;) . Video stuff is going well, but I still don't want to publish anything. :( Things to ponder.

Goals this week: stick with it, despite having extra social stuff scheduled. Need to order more protein powder, and I probably need to start keeping a food journal again for a while, since I can't seem to figure out what's causing the digestive flare-ups I've had since Nov. Physio needs to be updated, the exercises I'm doing at this point are too easy! Progress.

source.gif.5da436f86d9cbe7fa2d98e2cd8334a1d.gif

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

Talked to my husband about the garage project and how to tackle it. I think our plan is to just take some weekends and work on it together. 

• Like 2

Week 11 End:

G1: 82km

G2: 8hrs video

G3: 14hrs tidying

G4: 7 days met intake goals

Dude, we're on week 12 - last week for the Newt Challenge. WTF DID THE FIRST HALF OF 2019 GO?!?!? I started a 4 week challenge this week to build on my pre-existing habits from this one. So, I guess goals for this week would be....Staying on track? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

47 minutes ago, Defining said:

Week 11 End:

G1: 82km

G2: 8hrs video

G3: 14hrs tidying

G4: 7 days met intake goals

Dude, we're on week 12 - last week for the Newt Challenge. WTF DID THE FIRST HALF OF 2019 GO?!?!? I started a 4 week challenge this week to build on my pre-existing habits from this one. So, I guess goals for this week would be....Staying on track? 

Nice week 11!

I know , can't believe we are on the last week. So much happened, and it went so quickly

• Like 3

Week Eleven Check In

4/5 days

7/7 days

For week 12 my priority actions are... 

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

time-flies.jpg

as we get to the last few points- I'm thinking back on how I did.

fine time to say it; but I feel like one of the 2 of my "long term" goals was Wasted effort.  my Time Management quest.  my hiking challenge has become the obsession recently of the entire 12weeks.  it was pointless to spend so much thought on whether my sleep habits were optimal.

as a matter of fact, almost none of the mornings (in particular) did I wake up when I was hoping to do so.

the other long term goal; the hiking conditioning was of great personal importance to me.  while I have had (and continue to have) some problems doing as much I would like... I've definitely done pretty big program.  I've concentrated on some aspects of hiking that challenge me and I continue to work through them.  further details of that can easily be read in my verbose 4 week challenges.

I know the evaluations is supposed to happen AFTER the challenge is over; but I also think that  very little will change by thursday- which is when I'm ending this 12 week challenge.   so I'll do my End of the challenge recap now.

Challenge #1.   Hiking training.   85% successful.  pros: the size, depth of the program  cons: the "test" hike of 32miles went poorly.  distractions (earlier in the spring).  Not enough hiking in wet weather (and more importantly; not enough preparedness FOR wet weather)

I have a Thunderbird already.  Will get the swooping evil, easily. by the end; I have nabbed the Occamy.  but I will NOT get the phoenix!

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcQXVVvPQzvN0YUIFMriXRz

Challenge #2.  Time Management.  15% successful.  pros:  mainly that my schedule is stable and I'm waking up and getting to bed (mostly) at the same time.  cons:  not a good long term challenge as its not important in my life right now

Nundo.  lots of points for Being present, week by week.   but most of those weeks I just got tiny amounts of points.

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRd8LCE7559VcHCR8SIIBJ

• Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

Challenge week 11

Goal 1: Mari Kondo

First trip to Goodwill and go through old paints- Done- We spent all Saturday going through the garage and sorted out a bunch of stuff.  We threw a bunch in the garbage, and made two trips to the Goodwill. We also gave my son back his old baseball equipment, and told him he needs to take his golf clubs if he still wants them. 

I found Moon Calves this week. They are one of my favorite!

latest?cb=20161126170426

2) Scrapbook

Reminded hubby to edit- done

Next week

The garage is going to be harder to have weekly goals, as I don't think we can spend every Saturday doing them. I'm planning on doing another 12 week challenge, so I'm thinking through how to grade. This week the plan is

1) Sort through all my gardening stuff

Scrapbook

1) Go on Shutterfly and see if they are having a sale. If they are order the book. Otherwise, I will just do it when they have a sale

2) Hang the picture  hanger and place photos on it

• Like 2

fantastic7.jpeg

Thanks for all your help collecting the creatures. Things got a little crazy there for a bit. I just need a little more help rounding up the last of my lovely beasts. Let's see how many we can collect in this final week.

Newt

• Like 2

20 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

The garage is going to be harder to have weekly goals, as I don't think we can spend every Saturday doing them. I'm planning on doing another 12 week challenge, so I'm thinking through how to grade.

I would love to have something similar to this thread. It has been a great inspiration to me and really helpful to get myself moving on two things I was avoiding previously. :)

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

9 minutes ago, annyshay said:

I would love to have something similar to this thread. It has been a great inspiration to me and really helpful to get myself moving on two things I was avoiding previously. :)

Glad it helped. I'd like to do another one. I thought the idea of collecting beasts was fun. I don't have another idea for a fun theme though. Any ideas?

@TGP would you be willing to do another  spreadsheet to keep track of points?

• Like 1

sure!  

we just need a good theme. lets think about that...

Question:  does the 12 week time period work?  too long, not long enough??

it could be a bit wonky for my hiking (the big hike itself, happen in 6 weeks and maybe 5 by the time a new challenge could be organized).

BUT

I could make it work.  you can bend the awarded points in many creative ways.

the only further thoughts I have are mild jabs at the system

*  First, is that improvement on last week should only be awarded if you didn't achieve 80% of your goal.  if you DON'T make your goal; but improve, that should be rewarded.  if you MOSTLY won your goal, but it wasn't better than last week- why should you get less points for that?  

*  secondly, there is a LOT of points for showing up and keeping track of things.  my one whole long time goal was a bad idea and didn't end up being as important as it should have.  yet. by  checking in over and over- I think I got 62% of the points.  thats Way too many for a clearly failing goal.

I agree that participations points are a good idea- but I think that all participation points should not exceed 50%.

these are strictly personal observations and very picky.

if other people like the way the 12 week challenge is set up- I'd be utterly happy to replicate it. (in the theme of your choice)...

but maybe... we could discusss alterations?  does anyone share those thoughts??

• Like 1

rebuild the land after the fight between the navii and the humans in avatar?

you could have a big Win/Lose on your quest that correlates to beginning a navii...

---

that too,would be nice, a challenge where the end is whether you succeed in some personal way.

a Y'es/No rather than a %.

it works better with some goals than others, though

• Like 1

1 hour ago, annyshay said:

Collecting things seemed to work well. Any pokemon fans? 

I would like to stick with 12 weeks. I think it's just right.

Pokémon would be fun? 

• Like 2

Week 12 Check in!

Well, we just got back from Nashville 2 days ago, so I am setting few goals to get to the 5th. 

I should have set goals for the trip because I would have hit them all! 

Grand ole Opry, check

Breakfast at the famous Loveless Cafe, check

Walk of Fame, check

Johnny Cash Museum

Rooftop Pools

Cocktail at the Opryhouse Hotel

GooGoo

Biscuit Love

Numberous live showssssss

The NFL Draft was there so it was INSANITY! sooo much fun :) 

Nearly spent a years savings but so worth it. 

New goals this week

G1-SAVE EVERY PENNY that I can! Budget meals.

G2-Clean patio furniture

G3-Jump on the ole LC

G4-Book new gigs for May, hurry hurry! 

G5-Vaccuum furniture

Elastigirl!  I am in for the next one if you are organizing another! I throughly enjoyed it. 

Defining! You are right. Even though I didn't accomplish everything, it really did help me to keep jumping back on the goal train and I probably would not have gotten as much done if I didn't outline my goals and check in with you fine people here at NerdFitness. :) So thanks to all of you for the inspiration and all your hard work Elastigirl. woohoooo! 

- Chris (BackOnTrack)

512x512bb.jpg

• Like 3

That trip so

2 hours ago, "BOT" - BackOnTrack said:

Week 12 Check in!

Well, we just got back from Nashville 2 days ago, so I am setting few goals to get to the 5th. 

I should have set goals for the trip because I would have hit them all! 

Grand ole Opry, check

Breakfast at the famous Loveless Cafe, check

Walk of Fame, check

Johnny Cash Museum

Rooftop Pools

Cocktail at the Opryhouse Hotel

GooGoo

Biscuit Love

Numberous live showssssss

The NFL Draft was there so it was INSANITY! sooo much fun :) 

Nearly spent a years savings but so worth it. 

New goals this week

G1-SAVE EVERY PENNY that I can! Budget meals.

G2-Clean patio furniture

G3-Jump on the ole LC

G4-Book new gigs for May, hurry hurry! 

G5-Vaccuum furniture

Elastigirl!  I am in for the next one if you are organizing another! I throughly enjoyed it. 

Defining! You are right. Even though I didn't accomplish everything, it really did help me to keep jumping back on the goal train and I probably would not have gotten as much done if I didn't outline my goals and check in with you fine people here at NerdFitness. :) So thanks to all of you for the inspiration and all your hard work Elastigirl. woohoooo! 

- Chris (BackOnTrack)

512x512bb.jpg

Your trip sounds so fun. Glad you had a good time. Your goals remind me, I need to clean my patio furniture too.

• Like 1

Well, I am DONE then.

A perfect score for my hiking this week Nearly gave me the Max score.

D76q.gif

I was only 1 point from winning the Phoenix!

anyways. I summarized my overall challenge sufficiently the other day.  I was just Pleased to do so well for hiking this week.

(metric wise)

Hopefully my hiking program has been Big enough to condition for the A100- it is time to taper down.

• Like 3

12 hours ago, TGP said:

Well, I am DONE then.

A perfect score for my hiking this week Nearly gave me the Max score.

D76q.gif

I was only 1 point from winning the Phoenix!

anyways. I summarized my overall challenge sufficiently the other day.  I was just Pleased to do so well for hiking this week.

(metric wise)

Hopefully my hiking program has been Big enough to condition for the A100- it is time to taper down.

Well done!