Longterm Goals/ Find The Fantastic Beasts-

I know it is late in the week. But it's been a crazy week. My mother in law is doing much better, and is now in a rehab place. SInce things have calmed down a bit, I wanted to put some goals in place for the weekend. Small goals, just to keep my momentum going

Goal #1- Last week I got  some plastic storage boxes. It will be a very easy task to put the clothes I wanted in to them. Also ,I meant to start cleaning the office this week. So I will shred all the items that are in our basket of items to be shredded..

Scrapbooking- Do 2 pages, this was my weekly goal. I'll might only have a chance to do 1 page, but maybe it will go fast

• Like 3

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Well, I'm moving On.  My week3 (which is the 15th week before my epic 100 mile hike) is Done.

I got a Niffler and a Graphorn.

I'm not Sure thats good but I know its not bad.   for week 4, I'm making my hiking goals more stringent and difficult.  I have all hikes/walks (now) planned out for the next week.  there is several goals about that must be met- if I'm to progress as a Hiker...

anyways, 

MR NIFFLER

fbab72429.jpg

(I recognize that little guy from the movie!  what a little trixter he is !!!)

Mr Graphorn

graphorn_by_szokekissmarton-daqaxjr.jpg

(not as cute! but happily we get him off the streets of NYC- he doesn't quite look safe for muggles- does he?)

-----------------------------

Also congratulations to others that I have hauled in the mighty GrapHorn!

this would be; Elastigirl, Suzaqu, Inazea and Defining....

other people have just to Check in- get a few actions and they too will have the legendary beast!

• Like 3

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

2 hours ago, TGP said:

Well, I'm moving On.  My week3 (which is the 15th week before my epic 100 mile hike) is Done.

I got a Niffler and a Graphorn.

I'm not Sure thats good but I know its not bad.   for week 4, I'm making my hiking goals more stringent and difficult.  I have all hikes/walks (now) planned out for the next week.  there is several goals about that must be met- if I'm to progress as a Hiker...

anyways, 

MR NIFFLER

fbab72429.jpg

(I recognize that little guy from the movie!  what a little trixter he is !!!)

Mr Graphorn

graphorn_by_szokekissmarton-daqaxjr.jpg

(not as cute! but happily we get him off the streets of NYC- he doesn't quite look safe for muggles- does he?)

-----------------------------

Also congratulations to others that I have hauled in the mighty GrapHorn!

this would be; Elastigirl, Suzaqu, Inazea and Defining....

other people have just to Check in- get a few actions and they too will have the legendary beast!

Newt is very grateful for all the help so far in locating  the mythical beasts. Also Congratulations to @Suzaqu and @"BOT" - BackOnTrack for locating the Demiguise. Newt is trying to get an accurate tally of all the beasts located, so if you haven't checked in yet, or need to record  something, don't forget to update the spreadsheet.

350?cb=20170216193653

• Like 2

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

3 hours ago, "BOT" - BackOnTrack said:

Either I have the flu or food poisoning. I will be on the mend, so I'm stepping out and will be back when I feel like a human again :( hopefully not long. 

Oh no! I hope you feel better soon. 

• Like 1

Copy and paste from my challenge;

I actually worked on my 12 week goals. For the decluttering goal, I had planned on organizing the office.I  didn't want to try and tackle that , so I just set a goal to shred all the papers that needed to be shredded. Didn't get them all, but I did get some. I only spent about 10 minutes on it, but it helped me feel like I was progressing. I'd also bought plastic shoe boxes for some of my husbands t- shirts, and so I put his shirts in the boxes in the drawers.

Then I did my scrapbooking. My goal is only 2 pages, which is really at most an hour project. Just finished it this evening, in about 30 minutes. Somehow doing those things amidst a crazy week , makes me feel like a solid week

Next week:

My mother in law is still in rehab, and we will visit here, plus family from out of town is staying with us some of the time so they can visit. So still a little busy. Even so, I would like to get some done:

Office declutter

task 1: files in file cabinet

task 2 files in office desk

Scrapbook

2 pages

• Like 4

Week 3 check-in

Goal 1:

Action 1 - look for new places in the newspaper 1/1

Action 2 - declutter bookshelves 1/1

Goal 2:

Action 1 - track all my intake 7/7

Action 2 - eat protein rich dinners at least 6 days a week 6/6

So this week went very well obviously, I'm very proud.

Next week's goals:

Goal 1

Action 1 - Continue to look through the newpapers.

Action 2 - Calculate the cost of everything on my kitchen list.

Action 3 - Apply for disability (listing it because 1. it's long overdue and 2. the benefits will allow me to have a slightly bigger budget so doing it now will make it easier to calculate the actual budget I'll have)

Goal 2

Action 1 - Track all my intake.

Action 2 - Eat protein rich dinners on all 7 days.

Action 3 - Swap at least one snack a day for a vegetable.

• Like 4

CHECK IN!

Just got over the worst flu bug... I have had a stark awakening of gratefulness for the following things...

* my body 'feeling normal'

* a digestive system that works properly

*life without nausea and anguish

*a full night of wonderful sleep

*an appetite 

*energy

It was awful and it's over. whew. 

So I am BOT once again. Back On Track!

I am going to hit all goals this week and hit em hard. 

G1: Start days with devotionals & prayer

G2: Workout 4x this week

G3: Violin practice 4x this week

G4: Low carb/Meal prep/Begin I..F on Wed.

BIG5: No eating after 8pm and in bed by 9, every single day this week.

to do's: wash bedding and towels, vacuum, deep clean shower, grocery shop&meal prep for the week.

I'm snowed in today. 8 inches out there. I might take a walk in the snow today. I might. 

• Like 3

Week Three Check In

Goal 1 - Publish my Research

Priority Action - 10 minutes of writing (prep, drafting, or editing) per work day

4/5 days

Goal 2 - Improve my Finances

Priority Action - Log in YNAB daily

7/7 days

For week 4 my priority actions are... the same. Hehe. It's going to be a bit of a busy week, so we're aiming to maintain here.

Priority Action - 10 minutes of writing (prep, drafting, or editing) per work day

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.

Week 3 End:

G1: 71km

G2: 6hrs tidying

G3: 9hrs video

G4: 5days met intake goals

BG5: most physio, no workouts - booooo

Week 4: going to work on following a morning routine a little more explicitly, since I tend to lose momentum if I don't start the day productively

G1: Going well! The basement is pretty cold though, I may need to relocate my walking desk back to my bedroom (sacrificing the spare space I have in there :( )

G2: Need to tackle my bedroom. I know it won't get done in 7hrs though, so may bleed into next week.

G3: I have footage! And most of my workdesk setup. Maybe will aim for 30min of work in the morning to get stuff ready to post?

G4: Was at a trade show on Sat, didn't eat enough - and BOY did I feel it on Sunday. Keep on trying to meet intake goals.

BG5: GOING TO GET A WORK OUT IN THIS WEEK. Dammit. FFS, it's not that complicated.

• Like 3

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

Checking in:

Goal 1: I created my 4 collections this weekend with this coming week in mind. They did a good job of keeping me on track today. My favorite one is my "If I do nothing else today" ie "eat that frog" spread. It has one thing at work and one thing at home that I just have to do that day (usually something that I don't want to do) but if I do it, I can feel that the full day was successful.

WkAl3CV.jpghgTJhoY.jpgAMpwpxT.jpg?14DSf5uS.jpg?1

This next week I want to work on using the pomodoro technique. Specifically I will do at least 2 pomodoros a day. I did my 2 for today already, and it was really helpful to get me going on stuff I didn't want to do.

Goal 2: I didnt' do any photo sorting, so I'm carrying that goal forward to next week. 

• Like 3

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

11 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

Checking in:

Goal 1: I created my 4 collections this weekend with this coming week in mind. They did a good job of keeping me on track today. My favorite one is my "If I do nothing else today" ie "eat that frog" spread. It has one thing at work and one thing at home that I just have to do that day (usually something that I don't want to do) but if I do it, I can feel that the full day was successful.

WkAl3CV.jpghgTJhoY.jpgAMpwpxT.jpg?14DSf5uS.jpg?1

This next week I want to work on using the pomodoro technique. Specifically I will do at least 2 pomodoros a day. I did my 2 for today already, and it was really helpful to get me going on stuff I didn't want to do.

Goal 2: I didnt' do any photo sorting, so I'm carrying that goal forward to next week. 

LOVE THIS SO MUCH! "Eat That Frog" is something I say often and I love explaining it to someone who has never heard it.  I find it powerful .  Great journal! 

11 hours ago, "BOT" - BackOnTrack said:

LOVE THIS SO MUCH! "Eat That Frog" is something I say often and I love explaining it to someone who has never heard it.  I find it powerful .  Great journal! 

Yes, thank you! I love it too! I need to get better at eating my frog first thing in the morning, but I find the concept so useful and inspiring. And I feel so good once my daily frog is eaten!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

I like the idea of eat the frog. What is the Pomodoro technique?  I was just talking with KBgirl on her thread about how I really liked it when I listed the three things I needed to do to make my day a success. SOmehow, I forgot all about that habit. I need to re up it.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

I like the idea of eat the frog. What is the Pomodoro technique?  I was just talking with KBgirl on her thread about how I really liked it when I listed the three things I needed to do to make my day a success. SOmehow, I forgot all about that habit. I need to re up it.

The full technique is that you break your work into 25 minute chunks, and after you do 3-4 chunks or "pomodoros" you can take a break. You're also supposed to use it to plan your day/to do list. For now, I'm using the 25 minute chunks to motivate me to get started on projects by telling myself "all you have to do on x project today is 25 minutes." Then when the 25 min is over, I usually just keep going. I'm also using it to motivate me to use the small bit of time before a meeting starts, because I hate having my day chopped up, so I use it to break up my pomodoros. Next week I think I'm going to try to adopt more of the system.

So far the main thing I've learned is that it is hard for me to have any uninterrupted periods of time because of the nature of my job, so I think i'm going to try to implement some techniques to get those periods of time back.

I like your 3 things list! I had this old note pad that said "if i do nothing else today" and had lists for emails, calling people, tasks, but it just seemed like a lot of things to hinge your day on, so I decided to take it down to one home task and one work task. I am still trying to figure out when I should set my tasks, morning of, night before? Did you find a good time to set yours?

• Like 3

Current Challenge

3 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

The full technique is that you break your work into 25 minute chunks, and after you do 3-4 chunks or "pomodoros" you can take a break. You're also supposed to use it to plan your day/to do list. For now, I'm using the 25 minute chunks to motivate me to get started on projects by telling myself "all you have to do on x project today is 25 minutes." Then when the 25 min is over, I usually just keep going. I'm also using it to motivate me to use the small bit of time before a meeting starts, because I hate having my day chopped up, so I use it to break up my pomodoros. Next week I think I'm going to try to adopt more of the system.

So far the main thing I've learned is that it is hard for me to have any uninterrupted periods of time because of the nature of my job, so I think i'm going to try to implement some techniques to get those periods of time back.

I like your 3 things list! I had this old note pad that said "if i do nothing else today" and had lists for emails, calling people, tasks, but it just seemed like a lot of things to hinge your day on, so I decided to take it down to one home task and one work task. I am still trying to figure out when I should set my tasks, morning of, night before? Did you find a good time to set yours?

Either in the morning, just after I do my workout. Or right after lunch

• Like 1

5e9ed018f67e49872fe4e85d16429cd4.jpg

Well done, wizards , we are doing a great job of helping Newt locate his wandering beasts!

Congrats to @Suzaqu for finding 1 Niffler, @Defining found 4 Nifflers- 

remember to keep on eye on those Nifflers around anything shiny!

Congrats to @"BOT" - BackOnTrack for finding 2 Graphorns and @ Demiguise

@annyshay found a Demiguise and Graphorn.

Keep up the hard work. And if you haven't recorded your findings, don't forget to update your spreadsheet

latest?cb=20161129180529

d80178ef1317f73e28af977ad70f53ad.jpg

46575511b583b97a2516e835e742d411.jpg

• Like 2

CHECK IN....

G1-Steady & focused on my LC woe & workouts (4x per wk)
G2-4x per week violin practice
G3-Intermittent fasting (16hr eating window) NOTHING after 8pm! In bed by 9am every single day this week

SG1-Paint corners this week! 
SG2-Visit 1 college for teenfabulous Spring break week
SG3-Paint stands before next Sat. gig

***Possibly revamp website? ...wishful thinking...huge project requiring many hours. 

BigGoal:1 size down by April 25th (trip to Nashville)...keeeeep going

flat-cartoon-small-funny-girl-robot-vector-16921357.jpg

• Like 1

Check in time!

Goal 1

Action 1 - Continue to look through the newpapers: Done.

Action 2 - Calculate the cost of everything on my kitchen list: Done (and it's more than I hoped, haha)

Action 3 - Apply for disability: Done,

Goal 2

Action 1 - Track all my intake: 7/7

Action 2 - Eat protein rich dinners on all 7 days: 5/7

Action 3 - Swap at least one snack a day for a vegetable: 7/7

I'd say this week went pretty well actually, I'm happy with it. Now on to next week's goals:

Goal 1

Action 1 - Apply for a semester off.

Action 2 - Make sure I have the finances for my own place.

Action 3 - Continue to look through the newspaper.

Action 4 - My walls are full of stuff, pictures, postcards, posters and I don't even pay that stuff much attention so this week I will decide what should go and what I will keep or if I opt for something entirely different.

Goal 2

Action 1 - Track all my intake.

Action 2 - Eat protein rich dinners every day.

Action 3 - Swap at least one snack a day for a vegetable.

Action 4 - No liquid calories; this is a rather small step since I don't drink any sodas and fruit juices but I drink a lot of coffee with milk.

•  
8 hours ago, jmk said:

I've been doing well on my goals, just not updating. What page do I put the ones for this coming week?

week 5

Week Four Check In

3/5 days

6/7 days

For week 4 my priority actions are... the same. Time to hit 80% for both my goals before advancing, I think.

Love as thou wilt.

Bad week. I have a cold, have been exceptionally unproductive, and pretty much just cranky. Well, here's to starting again fresh with a new week! (think positive thoughts :| )

Week 4 End:

G1: 63km

G2: 6hrs video

G3: 0hrs tidying

G4: 6 days met intake goals

BG5: almost all physio, no workout (and I'm still sick, bah humbug)

Week 5 goals.

I dunno, I'm just not in a great headspace. I might move my walking desk, it's effing cold in the basement, and I'd like a bit more natural light.

Splurged on a new camera toy, so that will hopefully add some excitement - aiming to get some outside broll recorded this week.

I'm going to try to both tidy and rearrange my bedroom today - I need to change up my environment, and my focus is shot so I'm not likely to get anything super productive done today anyway.

At least the food thing is going well - I'm planning on just eating the same thing more or less for the next little while, can't be bothered to worry about meal planning right now.

If nothing else, keeping track of goals like this has really emphasised to me how quickly time passes - I've literally spent a month going 'gotta work out, will do it this week', without actually getting it done. That's....kind of silly. So. Something to look at. Maybe I need to start tracking my Say:DO ratios... 

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...