Longterm Goals/ Find The Fantastic Beasts-

well, no

"mend" is prolly the wrong word.   but as I hate plumbing now with a extra-special measure of "I can't believe how difficult that was"...

I'm pychologically mending. ;)

hopefully my wife is feeling , as well, that life is getting better- though- I know flu (really its bronchitis) is still a burden.

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

6 hours ago, TGP said:

well, no

"mend" is prolly the wrong word.   but as I hate plumbing now with a extra-special measure of "I can't believe how difficult that was"...

I'm pychologically mending. ;)

hopefully my wife is feeling , as well, that life is getting better- though- I know flu (really its bronchitis) is still a burden.

Ah, ok. My husband totally agrees with you on the I hate plumbing. Glad you aren't hurt though. I was worried that ow you had an injury

• Like 1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Congrats @TGP for finding the Murtlap. @Inazea and @Defining have also rounded up some Murtlaps

And still more creature finds

Elastigirl (me!) and @Inazea , and @annyshay   found Zuowus (not sure how  proper spelling of the plural:friendly_wink:)Annyshay also found a Bowtruckle.

It's getting quite crowded in Newt's travel bag thanks to all the creatures you've collected. 

We are over half way through. Don't let Grindolwold  stop you with his evil spells of discouragement, or Idon'tcare,  Remember to cast your own spells that will help you stay on track

tumblr_inline_oh0t4thPvz1u78hes_500.gif

• Like 4

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

Week Seven Check In

Goal 1 - Publish my Research

Priority Action - 15 minutes of writing (prep, drafting, or editing) per work day

5/5 days

Goal 2 - Improve my Finances

Priority Action - Log in YNAB daily

7/7 days

For week 8 my priority actions are... 

Priority Action - 20 minutes of writing (prep, drafting, or editing) per work day

• Like 3

Love as thou wilt.

Week 7 

Goal 1

Clean up all drawers in desk- Done, Hubby still needs to go through a few things, and this week I need  to check to see if some cd have important stuff on them

For a long time the desk has been too cluttered to find anything. We had office supplies scattered in three different place in the house. I  sorted through it all and organized it so when we want to find something we should be able to. It's a very nice feeling!

Goal 2;

2 pages of scrapbook- actually did 3

week 8

Look at cd's

clean top of desk

clean 1/2 of office closet

Goal 2

Last page

Edit

• Like 2

Week 7 End:

G1: 75km

G2: 8hrs video

G3: 10hrs tidying

G4: 7 days met intake goals

BG5: all physio, 3 workouts

Well. That's alright then. Focusing this week on making these things more 'second nature' rather than 'gotta check it off of the list' - across ALL goals.

Super frustrated with my mindset lately, feeling kind of disgruntled, a general lack of purpose, lack of motivation, lack of interest, lack of productivity. Which is SUPER irritating because my physical goals are all slowly dialing in, which should be improving my mood. Blargh. I'm loathe to add more to my plate right now, but I suspect that I would benefit from trying to revisit gratitude journaling and/or meditation (which I HATE, despite knowing it's good for you). I could probably also try to get back into the habit of taking fish oil & vit D (and maybe a multi or mag vit, depending), see if that helps.

This week may need to also include my quarterly caffeine abstinence 5day reset, to reduce my tolerance - I'm up to 3-4 cups of coffee a day (plus 1-2 of black or green tea most days), and it's just making me tired even as I can feel the stimulant effects.

• Like 2

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

ha!

maybe I got you some terminology.  my kids an addict for the video game "minecraft"  and they refer to any moving entity (and nearly all the opponents) as 'mobs'

short for "mobile creatures" I guess

so

congrats. ;)

http://www.minecraft101.net/r/mobs.html

• Like 1

ha!

the new creature!

the 'fwooper' is a cute little bird; but its song makes people go insane.

350?cb=20170102173523

you know.

like that song on Frozen!  (....my daughter and I were just having an argument about 'best' Disney films of all time; and I THOUGHT the song "Let it Go!",  the very catchy but cringe-worthy song, disqualified the movie from the list)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

4 hours ago, TGP said:

ha!

the new creature!

the 'fwooper' is a cute little bird; but its song makes people go insane.

350?cb=20170102173523

you know.

like that song on Frozen!  (....my daughter and I were just having an argument about 'best' Disney films of all time; and I THOUGHT the song "Let it Go!",  the very catchy but cringe-worthy song, disqualified the movie from the list)

We went to Disneyland the summer that Froze premiered. Disneyland plays Disney songs over their park speakers, Every time that song came on  a thousand girls would sing along. That was an interesting experience!

• Like 1

Week Eight Check In

Priority Action - 20 minutes of writing (prep, drafting, or editing) per work day

5/5 days

7/7 days

For week 9 my priority actions are... 

Priority Action - 25 minutes of writing (prep, drafting, or editing) per work day

• Like 2

Love as thou wilt.

Week 8 End:

G1: 76km

G2: 9hrs video

G3: 7hrs tidying

This is often the point where I go 'I'm not seeing changes despite being consistent, f*ck it, what's the point'. Which was one of the reasons I was so interested in the 12week goal setting. Putting my head down and continuing on.

EDIT: I'm adding a focus to my goals this week, to act with more intention throughout the day when possible. To be a little more present. I kind of feel like I've been coasting through life this for...well, years, if I'm being honest. I need to really start paying attention to my days to figure out what discomfort I've been avoiding. I suspect it is a dissatisfaction with my accomplishments (or lack thereof) and a lack of purpose and direction (which I've always struggled with) - but ignoring it clearly hasn't been working for me, so it's time to sit with the pain for a while to figure out what needs to change. Ugh.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Defining said:

Week 8 End:

G1: 76km

G2: 9hrs video

G3: 7hrs tidying

This is often the point where I go 'I'm not seeing changes despite being consistent, f*ck it, what's the point'. Which was one of the reasons I was so interested in the 12week goal setting. Putting my head down and continuing on.

EDIT: I'm adding a focus to my goals this week, to act with more intention throughout the day when possible. To be a little more present. I kind of feel like I've been coasting through life this for...well, years, if I'm being honest. I need to really start paying attention to my days to figure out what discomfort I've been avoiding. I suspect it is a dissatisfaction with my accomplishments (or lack thereof) and a lack of purpose and direction (which I've always struggled with) - but ignoring it clearly hasn't been working for me, so it's time to sit with the pain for a while to figure out what needs to change. Ugh.

Goo job at continuing on even when you don't see the results. That is so hard.

@TGP said something at the beginning of this challenge that really struck me and helped me with clarifying purpose and directions. Four our challenges he asked "at the end of the week what do you want to have done to make you feel like this week was a success?" That question has really helped me. Not just in our 12 week, but in life  in general. It is so easy to get caught up with other tasks , that are important, but maybe aren't really furthering your purpose , or helping you in the direction you want to go. At the beginning of the year, I wrote out some of my big goals, ad thought through what my values are. So now , I try and think what will make this week a success? It's generally not something huge, this week it was just making a meal for a family with a new baby , visiting with my sister and nieces, and my declutter goals. 

• Like 4

Goal #1

So excited about this! I am almost done, and our office looks great. We took 6 bags to the Goodwill. I can really see the difference.  A side note: In my BUJO I wrote out a timeline for my decluttering, and by now I was supposed to be done with the office, and half way through the garage. Obviously I am not there. When I do a big 12 week goal, I tend to think I have all the time in the world, but when I plan out goals for the week, I remember I have other things to do too. I'm not down on myself for this, just an observation.

Goal #2

Scrapbook;

Didn't happen- 0 % I was super excited about the office, and worked on that. Then on SUnday, when  I usually work on it, we had a church lunch and then in the evening I went to my sister's home. This all sounds like an excuse, I could have found a half hour to work on it a bit, but I didn't.

This week:

Goal 1

1) Decide what to do with my rock; I pick up rocks on the beaches when I go and then I put them in vases, and never look at them. They take up room, and don't often bring me joy, but they kind of do. So, I had some rocks on our office desk that I need to get rid of our find a home for. 

2)Finish cleaning the closet

3) vacuum- now there is room to vacuum, so it really needs it

4) shredder basket empty

Goal 2

1 ) 2 pages scrapbook

• Like 3

The impetus for starting this thread came after I read the book "The Twelve Week Year" by Brian Moran. I'm on their email list so I get sent little motivational notes.  I really liked this and thought I'd share

Accountability is perhaps the most misunderstood business concept today. Most people equate accountability with consequences. Everywhere you hear the word "accountable" it is associated with bad behavior, poor performance and negative consequences. It's no wonder most people try to avoid accountability!

Accountability is not consequences; it's ownership. It is a character trait, a life stance, a willingness to own my actions and results regardless of the circumstances. The very nature of accountability rests on the understanding that each and every one of us has freedom of choice. It is this freedom of choice which is the foundation of accountability. Take ownership of your goals, plans, actions & results. Brian Moran

• Like 3

Week 9 check in

I fell behind and trying to get back on track. ...again. grrr

With the latest Blizzard and Damage control, my goals are significantly different.

G1- 3 days worth over this week of clearing the property, limbs, snow, damage shed

G2- Catch up on work that is now behind because Internet has been out 

Catch up goals: 

1, violin

2, diet, slow down the stress eating!!!! 

3, editing

4, studies

personal goals, cash B's check, ready for gig Sat, sell tix and manage sales Sat.

On the lighter side:  I finally watched Fantastic Beasts !!! 

• Like 1
19 minutes ago, "BOT" - BackOnTrack said:

Week 9 check in

I fell behind and trying to get back on track. ...again. grrr

With the latest Blizzard and Damage control, my goals are significantly different.

G1- 3 days worth over this week of clearing the property, limbs, snow, damage shed

G2- Catch up on work that is now behind because Internet has been out 

Catch up goals: 

1, violin

2, diet, slow down the stress eating!!!! 

3, editing

4, studies

personal goals, cash B's check, ready for gig Sat, sell tix and manage sales Sat.

On the lighter side:  I finally watched Fantastic Beasts !!! 

9 minutes ago, "BOT" - BackOnTrack said:

We are on 9 correct? I've been gone too long and now confused. 

Yes.Week 9. Good for you for getting back at it! I'll try and send some spring weather down your way. Really, it is time for winter to just die.:smile-new:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Week Nine Check In

Priority Action - 25 minutes of writing (prep, drafting, or editing) per work day

5/5 days

7/7 days

For week 10 my priority actions are... 

Priority Action - 30 minutes of writing (prep, drafting, or editing) per work day

Love as thou wilt.

Week 9 End:

G1: 55km

G2: 6hrs video

G3: 4hrs tidying

G4: 3 days met intake goals

BG5: 5 physio, 1 workout

I have no idea what I have, but my throat & mouth are killing me, and have been since Wed night. If it doesn't clear up in a few days I'll go to a walk-in, but it's started to get better today. Does anyone else avoid medical treatment unless it becomes clear it's absolutely necessary? I always just figure that as long as I can breathe and don't have a fever, if pain is manageable with over the counter stuff I should give it a week or so to clear up on it's own before going in to get checked out. 

23 hours ago, Defining said:

Week 9 End:

G1: 55km

G2: 6hrs video

G3: 4hrs tidying

G4: 3 days met intake goals

BG5: 5 physio, 1 workout

I have no idea what I have, but my throat & mouth are killing me, and have been since Wed night. If it doesn't clear up in a few days I'll go to a walk-in, but it's started to get better today. Does anyone else avoid medical treatment unless it becomes clear it's absolutely necessary? I always just figure that as long as I can breathe and don't have a fever, if pain is manageable with over the counter stuff I should give it a week or so to clear up on it's own before going in to get checked out. 

Well done. Hope you are on the mend. Yeah, I hate going to doctors. Plus, I figure why get any stronger meds than I need? Antiobiotics are great when they are truly needed, but some doctors hand them out like they are candy

• Like 2

Week 9:

Goal 1: Kondo Mari my house

Our office is clean! It looks so wonderful. We even hung up some amily pictures. 

Goal 2:

Scrapbooking : nothing happened. I'd been doing this on the weekend, but the last couple of weekends were super busy, and so it didn't happen. I am so close to finishing. I just need to do it.

Week 10:

I want to take a one week break from tidying. My list is super short

1) Buy a shelf to put husband's animal origami  pieces on

Scrapbook

1) 2 pages. Really just do it