Longterm Goals/ Find The Fantastic Beasts-

On 2/9/2019 at 3:01 PM, KB Girl said:

Good to have someone else working on something similar! What kind of work do you do?

I work in real estate, am in the middle of rebranding and getting geared up to make a combo of evergreen & locale specific content for the website & SM malarkey. Always happy to chat about marketing and content creation! :) 

• Like 1

...but I'm adorable! Ask anyone who doesn't know me...

3 hours ago, KB Girl said:

Oh I think you shouldn't overthink it. Just watch the introduction video on www.bulletjournal.com and then just get started. The task list is really useful once you get used to using it and you only get used to it by actually using it. It's not short termed because you migrate the tasks that need to be completed at a later date into either your monthly log or your future log. The only thing I did find helpful was dividing both the mostly and yearly log into weeks. So instead of having one task list for February I have one for each week of February. And then when I pick my daily to do list I refer back to what I've written down for that week- and if I'm ahead then I'll look into the next week. 

I just really like that I'm able to dump all the tasks and ideas I have into these logs and not think about them again. 

For projects I have a page where I list all the tasks that have to do for that project and then I copy those into the week I'll need to do them in the monthly/future logs. 

But...overthinking is one of my best skills :P Thank you for the overview of how to make it work long term, and the encouragement to just do it! That's what I needed, for both this particular goal, and the need to just commit to my dang long term goals for this thread!

• Like 2

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

As I said, I'm going to finally commit to my goals, and of course, they are what first came up with early on in the thread. I should just trust my gut.

Goal 1 - Project management system.

The purpose of this goal is to design, test, and implement a system that will allow me to make progress on long-term work projects, without getting distracted by the day-to-day tasks and emergencies. This is a nebulous and not well defined goal, as I don't know what the final system will look like. I'll probably end up trying out several existing systems and combining them to create something that works for me and my job. I think that in the end this will not only help my productivity, but my mental health, as this has been on my mind for a while. 

Goal 2 - Wedding album

It's been a general goal of mine to get this done by our 5 year anniversary in June, so getting it done for this challenge will be perfect! I'll have to pick what service to use, go through photos, design the album, and order it.

Priority actions for Week 1

Goal 1 - Read up on bullet journaling and find/purchase a journal

Goal 2 - Research/review 3 options for designing and printing the album

• Like 1

Current Challenge

24 | 23 | 22 | 21 | 20 | 19 | 18 | 17 | 16 | 15 | 14 | 13 | 12 | 11 | 10 | 9 | 8 | 7 | 6 | 5 | 4 | 3 | 2 | 1 

2 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

As I said, I'm going to finally commit to my goals, and of course, they are what first came up with early on in the thread. I should just trust my gut.

Goal 1 - Project management system.

The purpose of this goal is to design, test, and implement a system that will allow me to make progress on long-term work projects, without getting distracted by the day-to-day tasks and emergencies. This is a nebulous and not well defined goal, as I don't know what the final system will look like. I'll probably end up trying out several existing systems and combining them to create something that works for me and my job. I think that in the end this will not only help my productivity, but my mental health, as this has been on my mind for a while. 

Goal 2 - Wedding album

It's been a general goal of mine to get this done by our 5 year anniversary in June, so getting it done for this challenge will be perfect! I'll have to pick what service to use, go through photos, design the album, and order it.

Priority actions for Week 1

Goal 1 - Read up on bullet journaling and find/purchase a journal

Goal 2 - Research/review 3 options for designing and printing the album

Nice goals!

I use Shutterfly for my photo albums and have been really happy.

This is the bullet journal I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GWRNHB3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09__o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Wisdom 22.5   Dexterity 13   Charisma 15   Strength 21  Constitution-13

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

9 hours ago, Elastigirl said:

Nice goals!

I use Shutterfly for my photo albums and have been really happy.

This is the bullet journal I bought: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07GWRNHB3/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o09__o00_s02?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Thank you!

I was originally thinking shutterfly or similar, but then my husband made an offhand comment that he wants it to be leather bound or similar levels of fancy, so I have to find somewhere that can do that. I don't think shutterfly does? I also think I owe my mom and the inlaws a book as well, so I might do theirs on shutterfly.

Dot grid is my favorite! I'll definitely look at this one!

• Like 1

Current Challenge

1 hour ago, Suzaqu said:

I was originally thinking shutterfly or similar, but then my husband made an offhand comment that he wants it to be leather bound or similar levels of fancy, so I have to find somewhere that can do that.

Why not get some A5 or A6 dot grid inserts (or punched pages for a ringed option) and a separate leather refillable diary? There are loads on Amazon!

That way you could 'start fresh' every quarter, not spend an arm & a leg on custom binding, and still get the pretty leather aesthetic?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Suzaqu said:

Thank you!

I was originally thinking shutterfly or similar, but then my husband made an offhand comment that he wants it to be leather bound or similar levels of fancy, so I have to find somewhere that can do that. I don't think shutterfly does? I also think I owe my mom and the inlaws a book as well, so I might do theirs on shutterfly.

Check Shutterfly. I think they might have a leather binding. Can't say how good it is, I've never used it

"Love the Lord your God with all your heart, and with all your soul, and with all your strength, and with all your mind' Luke 10; 27

1 hour ago, Defining said:

Why not get some A5 or A6 dot grid inserts (or punched pages for a ringed option) and a separate leather refillable diary? There are loads on Amazon!

That way you could 'start fresh' every quarter, not spend an arm & a leg on custom binding, and still get the pretty leather aesthetic?

Sorry, looking back I realize I was super unclear. The leather binding is for the photo album; my husband doesn't get a say in my bullet journal :P 

15 minutes ago, Elastigirl said:

Check Shutterfly. I think they might have a leather binding. Can't say how good it is, I've never used it

Cool thanks! I just went to their site and got an ad for their new premium bindings, so it looks like you're right! I haven't been on there in a while, so makes sense things have changed. I have a lot of research to do!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Current Challenge

So since I started on week 0 here is my check in

Goal 1

Last weeks actions were to Komari all my clothes, organize them and then fold all my husbands clothes

I did a whole bunch, but didn't finish everything. Main problem was just overestimating what I could do

What I did accomplish: all my clothes sorted and discarded all that did not bring me joy.  Folded all my clothes. What I still need to do, organize my closet, fold hubby's clothes, and buy some storage containers. 

I give myself a win. I accomplished at least 80% of my task

Goal 2: Last weeks goal was to organize my scrapbook.

I struggled with this one. This week was weird schedule wise. In one way there was lots more time,we were snowbound, and all of our regular stuff (game day, church, meetings , ) didn't happen.But I did spend a bunch of time snow shoveling. On Sunday, I had lots of time to scrapbook, but honestly I was in a grumpy mood (cabin fever) I finally talked myself into doing some. I had started this scrapbook , and stopped.Even though I had sorted photos before, I had forgotten what I was doing, and my scribbled notes made no sense. So I need to redo my notes. I did spend about 45 minutes, and got a few pages planned out.

I did about 50% - not a win- 

Week 1

Goal 1's actions

organize closet

fold husband's clothes

buy storage items

Goal 2

finish planning scrapbook

Since it was  week zero, I am not counting points. I will however award myself (and anyone else who completed week zero) a glow bug

Never mind, I decided it was easier for those of us who started to just count points including this week

8tJK1.png

• Like 5

Well, Its challenge is On!  good luck everyone...

DSC08756.JPG

I started a little early So I had a REALLY good weekend.  I got not 1 hike but 2!  I'll post pics on my challenge thread; but Saturday Particularly was such a beautiful Hike.  and it was pretty athletic too...

I'm actually hiking a well know Mountain Bike trail.  really well groomed and nice trails; and with some Wicked terrain.  I can't Imagine Riding down the trail I hiked on- yeah it had switchbacks ... but my goodness it was diown a really steep hill.   Adding to the difficulty the numerous springs had half iced up; so you got perilous icy spots in the patches of mud.

anyways. as far as THIS challenge goes.  both saturday and sunday hikes offered enough elevation to warrant points for that.  and on Sunday, with my son I knew I would be slower, so I picked up an old pack, loaded it up to nearly 15# and lugged it around for 3 hours.

Pretty good training for what I want to do in 17 weeks and (semi) officially I have caught 3 magical beasts in pursuit of the long term goal.

my week will continue though til thursday, so there's a still a chance for more great hikes.  I just have to go back to my old habit of taking hikes in the dark.

but my oh my It was nice to finally get a few hikes in the daylight (espacially Saturday which was sunny and pleasant.) 

• Like 3

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

3 hours ago, TGP said:

DSC08756.JPG

I started a little early So I had a REALLY good weekend.  I got not 1 hike but 2!  I'll post pics on my challenge thread; but Saturday Particularly was such a beautiful Hike.  and it was pretty athletic too...

I'm actually hiking a well know Mountain Bike trail.  really well groomed and nice trails; and with some Wicked terrain.  I can't Imagine Riding down the trail I hiked on- yeah it had switchbacks ... but my goodness it was diown a really steep hill.   Adding to the difficulty the numerous springs had half iced up; so you got perilous icy spots in the patches of mud.

anyways. as far as THIS challenge goes.  both saturday and sunday hikes offered enough elevation to warrant points for that.  and on Sunday, with my son I knew I would be slower, so I picked up an old pack, loaded it up to nearly 15# and lugged it around for 3 hours.

Pretty good training for what I want to do in 17 weeks and (semi) officially I have caught 3 magical beasts in pursuit of the long term goal.

my week will continue though til thursday, so there's a still a chance for more great hikes.  I just have to go back to my old habit of taking hikes in the dark.

but my oh my It was nice to finally get a few hikes in the daylight (espacially Saturday which was sunny and pleasant.) 

I wonder about some of the hikes I go o that are Moutain Bike trails too. 

So it looks like on the spreadsheet, you just counted this week as week 1 on the spread sheet, correct? I wasn't sure if I should do that or if it would mess things up. 

• Like 1

CHECKIN: 

Last week (WeekZero) was a great Prep week for me! I hit 'nearly' all my weekZero goals and I am ready for 'lift off'!

Ready for Week 1! Woohoo!

My goals are the same. My biggest aim is for CONSISTENCY.  That is where I usually fail, so this is my priority. 

I meal prep'd yesterday and made out my menu for the week, so I feel grounded :)

THIS WEEK's 3part GOALS:

GOAL 1:
1 - Start each day with prayer & devotionals
2 - 4 violin practices
3 - 3-4 Missions (Rising Heros)

GOAL 2:  
  1 - Low Carbs! Lots of Veggies!
  2 - Intermittent fasting (14-16 hr eating window to start) NOTHING after 8pm! 
  3- 3-4 workouts (30min)

By 12 weeks:

Paint corners by April 25th

Visit 2 colleges for teenfabulous by April 25th
Steady & focused on my LC woe & workouts (4x per wk)
4x per week violin practice
1 size down by April 25th (trip to Nashville)
Measurements every 2 weeks. 

Elastigirl:  
If I have not set up my goals correctly for the points, please direct me in changes I need to make. I added myself on the spreadsheet as goal 1 and goal 2.
I plan to log all food and exercise details in my BattleLog daily :)

I'm excited for this week! 

-BOT  "BackOnTrack"
  • Like 2
On 2/9/2019 at 8:37 AM, Defining said:

Goal 1: Walk (on average) at least 10km/day

Goal 2: Get video & podcast (+ blog?) equipment & workflow setup for content creation for work 

Goal 3: Operation declutter 

Goal 4: I will consume a minimum of 160g of protein every day, and a minimum of 6 veg + 2 fruit servings / day 

Bonus Goal (5): Workout 3-4/week, PLUS physio movements

'Action items' for the week:

G1: Going to be mostly indoors this week, it's still too cold for the pooches to spend much time outside. Will likely only hit about 3km today, because I've been distracted all day by G3. Can easily make that up though (not leaving it to the end of the week though, I know better)

G2: This week I'm focusing on getting camera & kit settings lined up so that I don't need to tweak stuff beyond the obvious needs of different environments. Also likely going to pull the trigger on a few more pieces of equipment to pull everything together and get the workflow easy. I won't get any of it done today though. :( No real content creation, but hopefully will have the stage set by the end of the week.

G3: At this rate, I'm going to get all 7hrs of my 'goal' done today! Needed to sort out the workshop in the basement to set up my walking desk (which was previously in my room, but that cluttered up the space). Doing that has required me to deal with the STUFF in there. At the moment, I'm mostly just moving it around/consolidating and putting it elsewhere on the basement/on some shelves I've put up, but that's good enough for now. It also gives me some extra space to set up the shiny new power rack I finally got myself in Jan, which helps with BG5. :)

G4: I'm going to fail at this one this week, I can feel it. Have been on liquids for a few days to help my digestive system reset, and I ran out of greens yesterday (I order it from the same place as my whey). SO, choices: I can blend steamed veg, I can go buy overpriced greens at a box store, or I can fail my week 1 for this goal. Decisions decisions...

BG5: See G3 ;) - I've technically been doing some of my physio stuff in the hallway, but it'll be easier to get stuff like resistance bands tied to the power rack so I don't need to set up/tear down every day! :D 

• Like 3

3 hours ago, "BOT" - BackOnTrack said:

CHECKIN: 

Last week (WeekZero) was a great Prep week for me! I hit 'nearly' all my weekZero goals and I am ready for 'lift off'!

My goals are the same. My biggest aim is for CONSISTENCY.  That is where I usually fail, so this is my priority. 

I meal prep'd yesterday and made out my menu for the week, so I feel grounded :)

THIS WEEK's 3part GOALS:

GOAL 1:
2 - 4 violin practices

GOAL 2:  
  3- 3-4 workouts (30min)

By 12 weeks:

Elastigirl:  
If I have not set up my goals correctly for the points, please direct me in changes I need to make. I added myself on the spreadsheet as goal 1 and goal 2.

-BOT  "BackOnTrack"

I don't see your name on the spreadsheet? Did you sign up?

We are off to a good start at finding the beasts.

fantastic-beasts-8.jpg

Congratulations to the following. You have found a Billywig

tumblr_inline_or0t4sByMf1ujmb53_250.png

@TGP@KB Girl (she has two Billywigs!) Elastigirl (has two Billywigs) @Suzaqu(two Billywigs) @Inazea(two Billywigs) and @"BOT" - BackOnTrack (two Billywigs) @Defining

These people were so eager to get in on the hunt that they've already collected another beast, the Erumpent

0cfcf0ae012e066d4f5434f592931902.jpg

Congrats to @TGP, @"BOT" - BackOnTrack(two Erumpents) and Elastigirl (two Erumpents)

@Mad Hatter @jmk @Defining @lucky fire dragon Don't forget to sign up your goals on the spreadsheets

• Like 3

3 hours ago, "BOT" - BackOnTrack said:

CHECKIN: 

THIS WEEK's 3part GOALS:

GOAL 1:
2 - 4 violin practices

GOAL 2:  
  3- 3-4 workouts (30min)

By 12 weeks:

Elastigirl:  

-BOT  "BackOnTrack"

Congratulations, You found two Billywigs and Two Erumpents

0cfcf0ae012e066d4f5434f592931902.jpg

tumblr_inline_or0t4sByMf1ujmb53_250.png

• Like 1

9 hours ago, TGP said:

DSC08756.JPG

Nice hikes , You have found a Billywig and an Erumpent

tumblr_inline_or0t4sByMf1ujmb53_250.png0cfcf0ae012e066d4f5434f592931902.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, "BOT" - BackOnTrack said:

Yes, is it not there any longer? I clicked the link from your February 3rd Post.

hmmm maybe I'm doing sumpin wrong

I don't see it.

This is the link. Try again and see if it workshttps://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1uEtJRfNBYFgcNZFfeKiE71OjJvB4ohgDs8MLBj3NiA0/edit#gid=0

• Like 1

Finally made it here and am blown away on the awesome start you guys displayed here :rapture:

My long term goal for the next 12 weeks is to up my marketing and "customer service" by updating my website more often, uploading some meditations on youtube and send out newsletters more regularly. I also want to draft a new flyer informing about my work that I can place out at local shops and libraries to hopefully attract more clientele. I love my work as a healing practitioner and meditation teacher, but I often feel awkward advertising it as I don't want to promise too much or seem like some big dudette authority on anything, but rather prefer to simply offer people a safe and kind space for them to replenish their vitality and bloom anew.

But, that won't work without people knowing about my services, I know, so some marketing will be necessary and I am aiming to consider it just a challenge to rise to, like anything else.

I do enjoy writing articles and sending them out, but when I leave the gap between newsletters too long, it somehow gets daunting for some reason and I forget the pleasure of it. It's a bit weird...

So my goal is to send out 6 newsletters over those 12 weeks, create that flyer, tend to my website often, update my online courses for meditation and retreat participants and upload at least 4 more meditations on youtube to sparkle up my tiny channel a bit ^_^

I'd share it here for anyone interested, but it's all in German :P 

• Like 3

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

I was thinking about a decluttering goal as well and I know in 12 weeks time the garden will need tending, too, but I'm hoping for there to be another 12 week group after this one and then I can tackle those goals into spring and summer :) 

Level 18 Wood-Elf Assassin

battle log: counting the good things

current challenge: something, nothing, all the things

previous challenges: 25242322212019181716, 151413121110987654, 321

How cool is it that the same God who created mountains and oceans and galaxies looked at you and thought the world needed one of you, too

ha!

thanks Elastigirl.

though' truthfully the relatively short weekends Hikes would then make those "discovered magical beasts" on the small size.

instead; the real big accomplishments will have to wait until I'm strong enough for the 8 -12 hour hikes I intend to do later in the year.

---

I'm struck by Everyone's creativity.  Many of you guys are working on big, expansive goals  & thats Absolutely great.

"shoot for the moon and if you miss you'll land among the stars"

images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRNDCwRLhOiKAmWliX7-yU

when It comes down to it; I just want to learn to walk a little better & further this year.

• Like 2

https://rebellion.nerdfitness.com/index.php?/topic/116426-im-awake/

the "NEW" normal is good with me! as Life was Never really Normal anyways....

My 12 week goal is to become a stronger person in 4 areas of my life which coincides with my personal challenge.

Life = health
Learning = growing mentally in both learning and behavior
Love = my marriage
Legacy = reaching out to others around me including family

These are my week 1 goals...
Life - go to bed before 11pm
Learning - Read at least 1 hour
Love - Valentine's Day
Legacy - write Valentine's to friend's & family / planning a couple's game night in my new neighborhood.

l

Goal Weight: 145

Current Challenge