• Recently Browsing   0 members

No registered users viewing this page.

Jean

Jean crushes his world under his heel

A'rright, I have yet to close my previous challenge but I really need the pep talk and there's not really much time to waste, so this will be a five weeks challenge, because I need it to succeed right now, and I need it to last.

Single target: apply my bodycare routine everyday.

Two quests:

• Today, we fight: prepare clean clothes before going to bed. Get up, shower, iron the daily shirt, brush teeth thrice, vent the house every-single-working day. No exception. Put the used clothes in the washing machine right when taking them off, wash them when the machine is full, hang them right after.
  • Every day is today.

This is just another fight. Battleweariness is a real thing but weary hasn't a thing to do with life. When it's time to fight, you fight, you flee or you get taken down. The circumstances aren't that good for a flight so I am calling this a fight. No ground to give. No complacency to tolerate. This is me becoming the best me I've ever been. This is me showing them, then fighting them, then bringing them back to reason.

Because there's something rotten in my State of Denmark...
... and Hamlet is taking out the trash.

19 hours ago, Jean said:

Because there's something rotten in my State of Denmark...
... and Hamlet is taking out the trash.

LOL! You got this! :) It's just another habit to build, and it'll have good results!

• Thanks 1

I've realised part of the problem: when I get home, I'm so tired of this bullshit that I sit on the couch with the computer until I fall asleep on it, fully clothed. And then, the next day, I smell like poop (and used to reuse some of those clothes that smelled like... well).

I still don't know how I can organise my job so that it doesn't eat me in the next two months (that's were the big deadlines are) but at least, now, I can see the jaw coming.

I typically like to use Sundays as my weekly prep day.  I do all the laundry, pick out outfits for the entire week, have breakfasts ready to go, etc.  It kinda sucks a little bit that most my Sunday is utilized this way, but sooooo worth it!!  

• Like 1

Small feedback: the bodycare routine is going well. :)

... it's everything else that's going awry. Time to prioritise and NOT let drop the bodycare whatever else gets sacrificed in the process.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Jean said:

Time to prioritise and NOT let drop the bodycare whatever else gets sacrificed in the process.

Good for you to prioritize yourself! You need it, and deserve it!

• Haha 1

Ha! I wish I could consider "bodycare routine" a myself prioritization. xD

That would be sleep. Sleep will have to wait, though. I really love being me but I can be such an ass to myself when put under duress...

Thanks, BTW, support is always appreciated. :)

• Thanks 1

Just hang in there! The Bodycare routine might feel like depriving yourself of deserved rest on the couch and sleep, but let's take a rational look:

Total time consumed: Less than 30 minutes.

Willpower required: Near to infinite!

Hang in there right and you will see this one shrink.

Also: Get the evening stuff done right after coming home. Then change into your sweatpants and consciously note that you are a free elf now. :)

• Thanks 1

On 2/14/2019 at 4:56 PM, Jean said:

Thanks, BTW, support is always appreciated. :)

These are absolutely worthwhile habits to build, and the effort you put in now should pay off in the long run.

On 2/5/2019 at 12:32 AM, Jean said:

I still don't know how I can organise my job so that it doesn't eat me in the next two months (that's were the big deadlines are) but at least, now, I can see the jaw coming.

Maybe you can't. I don't know how your work goes. But the habits you are working on will help you survive those next two months. Think of it as hope. You have recognized a problem and are taking action (successfully, it sounds like?) to deal with it, which can only be a good thing. We're here for you. YOU CAN DO THIS.

• Like 1

Renewed thanks and...

...weekly check in:

Pretty much everything bodycare is going well, except the house venting thing which I can't seem to get rolling. I haven't had any new feedback so I'll run under the assumption that body odors are under check, though I do have to plan for several sessions with a dentist when I'll have the cash in order to take care of all the things I've not done until now.

Venting can only work if I tie it up with house maintenance so, kitchen cleaning after cooking, more general cleaning (which doesn't happen every day) or clothes washing/hanging (roughly once every two/three days). My bet is that I should aim for at least 3 days a week with venting for the time being, so tying it up with the clothes hanging routine. That's what I'm going to try for this week.

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Jean said:

My bet is that I should aim for at least 3 days a week with venting for the time being, so tying it up with the clothes hanging routine. That's what I'm going to try for this week.

That sounds perfect! Will help with getting the moisture from the clothes out of the house too!

• Like 1

Small weekly feed-back:

Things seem to be working well though I can smell some bad mouth odors from time to time so I'll not be able to avoid going to a dentist pretty soon. The habits are set, it's now a matter of not dropping them.

Also, my employer has let the "fire without delay" window close itself and I'm no longer under life-or-death threat so this is good (though no excuse to drop my bodycare level, some things are just basic living-together things to do and this is one of them).

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Jean said:

Things seem to be working well though I can smell some bad mouth odors from time to time so I'll not be able to avoid going to a dentist pretty soon. The habits are set, it's now a matter of not dropping them.

Just the fact you know what area to target is pretty great :) You got this!

1 hour ago, Jean said:

Also, my employer has let the "fire without delay" window close itself and I'm no longer under life-or-death threat

Such a relief! 

• Like 1

On the bodycare routine: I have yet to be fired, so I'm assuming it's working, which was the purpose of this challenge: taking some pressure off my shoulders.

On the house venting routine: back to square 1 I have something in store for the next challenge, I'll put it into my life piece by piece until then. Same goes for exercising (I'm not going to call what I do "working out").

On a general level: I'm seeing a psychologist and it's working pretty well (as in, I'm seeing where I want to go and how I'll reach there way better).

All in all, it's going OK to good but there's still a lot of things to do. :)

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Jean said:

but there's still a lot of things to do. :)

There always is, and always will be. The important thing is that we keep making progress. As long as small steps (however small they might be) are taken in the right directions, it's all good! You're doing great!

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Ok, feedback time. This is an easy one. There haven't been really good markers of progress or SMART goals along the way and there really is only one indicator of success:

Have I been fired?

Nope!

giphy.gif?cid=3640f6095c86b29e3961377936

Now to not loosing the habits and enjoy my life.

I'll be getting back at my battle log for the next part (gonna be pretty hardcore but I'd want it to be long term too so I feel like it's going to be better there).

Thanks for the support and have fun! :D

• Like 1